It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, So Many Americans Have Died Since WA's First COVID Death!!!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Thing is, the mod and other members aren’t doing anything about their rights. They’re nothing but keyboard warriors who talk big, but do nothing.

“They’re taking mah rights!”
“What you doing about it?”
“Moaning on forums about mah rights!”

When are you “big boys” going to start actually doing something?

Do what?

Anything other than be a whiner on forums? Form a militia to get back those precious rights they keep saying are taken away?

Literally all they have been doing is moaning on forums and social media about “Mah rights!”, like children.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Thing is, the mod and other members aren’t doing anything about their rights. They’re nothing but keyboard warriors who talk big, but do nothing.

Do what?

Anything other than be a whiner on forums? Form a militia to get back those precious rights they keep saying are taken away?

Literally all they have been doing is moaning on forums and social media about “Mah rights!”, like children.

I agree with you that they have been moaning about their rights and freedom, but you have to understand thst these people are obsessed with their fights and freedom. Mskes you think how they can enjoy them when they worry about them so much!

They will do nothing but moan about it and play down the virus, even though they have been shown time and time again how deadly the virus can be.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

They’re more obsessed with moaning about them being taken away than standing up for them.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Let me ask you. How many people in America have health issues, that would be classed as dangerous if you get this virus?

How many people in America do you think have family/ loved ones with these health conditions? You really think they should just go about their day and not care if they give the virus to their loved ones?

If you were living with someone who had health issues, would you blindly go out and not care if you get the virus, or would be careful?
edit on 5-4-2020 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Do what?

He says while whining on a forum. Stupid.

edit on 5-4-2020 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: and14263

And? Do you have a background in statistical analysis, or are you depending on others to tell you what to think about any particular numbers some incident may involve?

I have a degree in applied maths and running scientific models. I fail to see how you can't see the benefit of social distancing measures in comparison to models where no measures and the need to flatten the peak number of cases if you have a semi competent grasp of numbers.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Do what?

I’m not whining though. I’m in self isolation with my wife who has a heart condition and a separate hereditary condition and my 14 month old daughter. I’d rather not lose either because of idiots.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

News flash, TerryDon79: We're all in self isolation. Pretty hard to rally the militia and amass in a nice large group of people when there's a fast spreading potentially lethal virus floating around the major cities of the globe, eh?

So why don't you just tone down the armchair warrior routine a bit. We're all in this together, and the blame can firmly be placed on the shoulders of our various governments around the world for not being properly prepared.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Do what?

I’m not whining though. I’m in self isolation with my wife who has a heart condition and a separate hereditary condition and my 14 month old daughter. I’d rather not lose either because of idiots.

I think s lot of people not taking this seriously are people who have not been effected by the virus, and do not have to worry about loved ones getting it. Hence the reason it's very selfish.

My wife is not well at the moment (cancer) so if course we are self isolating at the moment.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

News flash, TerryDon79: We're all in self isolation. Pretty hard to rally the militia and amass in a nice large group of people when there's a fast spreading potentially lethal virus floating around the major cities of the globe, eh?

So why don't you just tone down the armchair warrior routine a bit. We're all in this together, and the blame can firmly be placed on the shoulders of our various governments around the world for not being properly prepared.

It's not just about the government messing this up. A lot of people are still not listening. In Brighton (uk) there were loads of people on the sea front because it's nice weather! Hence the reason we need these rules to be stricter.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

If only it was that simple.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I understand what you're saying, Jay-morris. But whose responsibility would it be to enforce more restrictions if not the government's? People are dumb, certainly. Without the government to enforce a strict stay at home order, and citizens not being told to remain home, even if the weather is fair, who is to blame for that? The people who want to walk in the nice weather because they either don't understand the dangers, or don't care? Or the people who have law enforcement at their disposal and are not using them to enforce a stay at home order that could prevent the rapid spread of a pandemic?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Deleted
edit on 5/4/20 by neformore because: Misquoted

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
So far I have not been affected, I am still nervous about the virus but I also have clear memory about the American people not paying close enough attention and letting the "patriot" act come to life... the gift of our fear that just wont die.

So you can be concerned about the virus, the economy, and our rights and freedoms all at one time cause if they got the "patriot act" passed after just a few thousand deaths, what will they manage to get passed on the back of the fear this virus has caused.

Personally I have told my family to stop watching the news, spend more time with your kids in the garden, or reading a book on the porch and enjoying your life rather than obsess over 24 hour coverage of the virus with each headline trying to outdo the last for fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Since when are we required to tow the line in any of these ludicrous threads, nef? I don't think anything about this situation is minor or worthy of being downplayed as the OP suggests.

ED: Also, I'm not the one suggesting we form a militia, here. Chat with TerryDon79 about that.
edit on 5-4-2020 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Oops. Forgot to take you out of that...hold on.... 😂

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Umm....

The whole premise of this ludicrous thread is that the virus isn't (allegedly - and not by me) serious enough to curtail freedoms and that the gubmint is using it as an excuse to take them away.... and here you are suggesting that the same people implying that aren't prepared to get out and form a militia BECAUSE of the virus.

Tell me you're joking. If you aren't, your post is one of the most spectacular fails I've seen on ATS
edit on 5/4/20 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

No. I’m simply asking why they aren’t doing something about their rights if they’re being taken away.

I’ve seen it all over the net. People moaning about their rights being taken, but not doing anything. Then they complain that everyone ELSE is “rolling over”.

The OP and people with their mentality are hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So far I have not been affected, I am still nervous about the virus but I also have clear memory about the American people not paying close enough attention and letting the "patriot" act come to life... the gift of our fear that just wont die.

If the Patriot Act teaches us something, it is that when the powers that be grab power and control they wont let it go. How many americans thought the patriot act was a temporary thing yet many years later its still being used? Give up just a little bit of freedom, and they will use that to take all your freedom. All for the sake of "Peace and safety". (You wont get either when those in power begins performing a culling of people who resist the new world order. Want to enjoy that nice day of freedom in a beach getting a sun tan? No that's illegal and you should stay at home, imprisoned.)

Its like we are literally under house arrest.

People may not realize this, but america's sovereignty is under heavy brutal attack. And has been under attack for decades now.

All S-L-A-V-E-S Better Watch THIS NOW

The OP and people with their mentality are hypocrites.

What are YOU personally doing about this situation? Inquiring minds would like to know.

edit on th2020000000Sundayth000000Sun, 05 Apr 2020 10:25:52 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 05 Apr 2020 10:25:52 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

At the rate things are going, the death toll could be in the hundreds of thousands when all is said and done. It's a bit naive to even make that comparison and calling it fear based. It's completely ignorant. This is the type of stuff that is going to get more people infected because they won't take it seriously. This is the same mentality that Trump promoted in the beginning, downplaying it completely and now several thousand have died here because of that, more than on 9/11. Shame on you.

People need to stay safe during this time. Profit talks here, and if super profitable businesses are willing to shut down, then you know the threat is serious. The biggest problem is that most people don't get symptoms for more than week, and HEALTHY PEOPLE ARE DYING, not just immuno-compromised. The reported case number in the US is around 320,000 now, but in reality, the number is likely in the millions because the people that have it, don't know it. The idea is to PREVENT any more unnecessary loss of life. We don't WANT it to get higher than those other numbers. Downplaying this is harmful, and I advise people to not listen to this kind of rhetoric.

edit on 4 5 20 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join