It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, So Many Americans Have Died Since WA's First COVID Death!!!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

People are going to get it and some will get sick, how far do we go to prove “you” do not have a right to endanger a community and how much of that responsibility falls on ourselves to not get sick? I totally understand what you said and agree, but hence that word but where do we draw that line to keep civilization going? I think in the end it is the responsibility of ourselves to prevent ourself from getting sick, not the dont get me started on the governments job to protect the individual from getting sick etc. We are not communist. We are Americans. I know not all Americans are Americans but we are.. I hear ya thou no ill will, I get it..

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: DBCowboy
There is no win or lose if one never sees it as a competition.

You are the one who made it seem like it is a fight to you, but you are not really fighting anything, you sure are not fighting those who are infringing on your freedom and individual rights.

All you are doing is arguing with some people who might agree with them. The kicker is that you argue with me and I don't even agree with them but I see why your fight isn't getting you anywhere.

I don't care because what I'm arguing for is more important than an internet debate.

As long as I believe it, live it, practice it, then I've won.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HelloboysImbackguy

Then I refer you back to a few pages back to what I said about our leadership, cant get upset of citizens under the leadership, who choose to do crazy things do to their lack of leadership... touché” I understand what your saying but getting mad at someone for asking or questioning why is not the route to go.. Vote bro!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I think in the end it is the responsibility of ourselves to prevent ourself from getting sick,

How does one go about doing that in the current situation?
edit on 4/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The best he can.. You know the answer to that question... I dont have a magical answer to that, trusting our government to do it, you know is ruin as well as I do, your one of the smartest people I know.
edit on 3-4-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I don't care because what I'm arguing for is more important than an internet debate.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't get past an internet debate.

As long as I believe it, live it, practice it, then I've won.

No. If you continue to argue it is because you continue to lose more freedom and individual rights and venting on the net is all you have.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You know the answer to that question
Yes I do. Currently it is by staying the f* at home as much as possible. Anything else is irresponsible. I do not have a right to endanger my community by being irresponsible.

edit on 4/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

And I do understand the argument and to be fair I sometimes feel like I can see it their way. I WANT to work. And do things without being told what to do.

At the same time, I am so over the fake Patriotic BS when the real Patriot is humbly supporting a beleaguered government filled with everyday people like you and me.

Ask not and all that.

Anyways. Have a good one.
edit on 3-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Well no kidding I dont remember saying going out sick is ok, going to work sick right now is taboo. In my trade we will kick your ass going to work sick right now.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It does seem rather obvious. Doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: HelloboysImbackguy

Exactly i mean in the end, it comes down to us ,our governments are trying to save face, in the fact that we are seeing they were unprepared.. I take no delight in that, but to be honest, we need to really think long and hard on these people that lead us, they are in no position and it will be known weeks to come as we hear about those that die from this pandemic, rip and god damn it phage, and others we need to work on our leadership in the future...

its that simple, we cant get mad at ourselves, over this...

Think I said enough tonight, I wanna goof off now..
edit on 3-4-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Agreed and agreed. Im heading to the mood music thread. Im feeling like auto brainwashing myself to rock and rap and soul.

Not to be weird but, I love you man.

edit on 3-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
On February 29th, the USA saw it's first COVID-19 death and my God, we've lost so many since that day.

In the 33 days which have passed since that dark, dark day the United States of American has statistically seen 270,000 American deaths!!!! Granted only 5,700 of those, (a whole 2 percent!!!) were caused by COVID-19, but buy God every little bit helps so we all gotta give until we ain't got no more and then give some more. Right? Eff 'em, they must go out the goddamn window because: OMG, peeps be scared and we gott pander to it! The economy: Eff it! 2 percent of the deaths in this country outweigh the livelihoods of hundreds of millions! Dissenter: Eff 'em, shame them into silence and if that doesn't work, whine louder about them, call them names, treat them like pariahs because, as we all know, only the propagandized narratives are important now that we've embraced fascism and lives that must be driven by fear 24/7.

We've now established the simple fact that if this country ever has to deal with a real natural crisis (hint: this ain't it, not even remotely close) the nation will fold like an infant trying to square up against Mike Tyson in '88... because that's basically where we're at now, a collective of children begat from a nation that once had a spine and wouldn't have surrendered our rights and economy for anything, let alone a goddamned virus that produces symptoms identical to the common flu but must never be called the flu, lest the more astute amongst us realize it's a piss poor excuse to allow fascism and self effected mass poverty in this nation.

burdman30ott6,

I am mostly a "reader" on ATS. I have watched this thread since its inception. I have disagreed with you on quite a few occasions, and I have questioned your position as a moderator who has very specific views.

You and I do not see the world in the same way. That's ok.

However, in this thread, we are on the same page. You are SO correct in your assertions. I am literally tired of folks who do not see what is happening as an erosion of our fundamental rights. As long as the Constitution exists, we must (and our leaders must) abide by it. I may not agree with all of the ramifications of the amendments, but I stand fully behind our Constitution. Your take on what is happening right now is absolutely right.

To all of you who have posted in this thread questioning the defense of the Constitution, you need to do one of two things: change the constitution, or shut the f#@$ up. There is no other option.

And, before you jump on the bandwagon of "That's an either/or fallacy!!!", you need to stop and check reality. As of right now, our rights, according to the Constitution, are being stripped away. Period. You are giving acquiescence to powers that should not have the power they have in exchange for comfortable messages from the media. The data (go read the other thread on ATS that explains it) does not support the draconian efforts of our dearly elected officials to "keep us safe".

Just stop it.

And, stop with the nonsense of "we are protecting other people !!!". That's not the case. You are allowing the powers that be to take on a stranglehold of the populace, and you are doing it willingly. That's despicable, at best, and terminal, at worst.

Stop hiding behind your supposed care of humanity.
edit on 4-4-2020 by Thejaybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I think you have a problem with reading comprehension because that wasn't a defense of Marxism, it was an explanation of what it is, followed by further clarification of my point.

A point which you have spectacularly failed to address, by the way, which says an awful lot about your supposed argument here - you are complaining about something that has already happened, and you likely didn't complain about it back then.

I'm guessing it's faux outrage to deflect from the point because If you think - because of your reading comprehension issues - (and I think it's the case) that I'm somehow belittling 9/11 then you don't know me very well, because that is the last thing I would do.

The point about change, however, remains.

I just hope you can understand this post

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

I think you have a problem with reading comprehension because that wasn't a defense of Marxism, it was an explanation of what it is, followed by further clarification of my point.

A point which you have spectacularly failed to address, by the way, which says an awful lot about your supposed argument here - you are complaining about something that has already happened, and you likely didn't complain about it back then.

I'm guessing it's faux outrage to deflect from the point because If you think - because of your reading comprehension issues - (and I think it's the case) that I'm somehow belittling 9/11 then you don't know me very well, because that is the last thing I would do.

The point about change, however, remains.

I just hope you can understand this post

Here I am, defending DBCowboy, with whom I have had quite a few disagreements...and I am doing so willingly and gratefully (Thanks, DB).

Everything DB has posted is based on the Constitution. Don't like what he has to say? Take it up with the Founding Fathers. End of discussion.

There is literally nothing left to say. But, I am going to say something anyway...

If you are fine with the government taking away your Constitutional rights, then there is nothing I can say to you. As of right now, our rights are being stripped. The fact that I, and many other people, cannot go to work is f@#$%^& ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. And, don't speak of folks who are "at risk" of the virus. The data says they will be fine.

Stop it.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: HelloboysImbackguy
We are experiencing a pandemic.

There are currently roughly 1,000,000 cases of Covid infection worldwide. Out of a total world population of roughly 7,000,000,000, that's an infection rate of .014%. And with 60,000 deaths worldwide, that's a death rate of .0008%. If that's a pandemic, I'm not impressed.
edit on 4-4-2020 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

There are currently roughly 1,000,000 cases of Covid infection worldwide. Out of a total world population of roughly 7,000,000,000, that's an infection rate of .014%. And with 60,000 deaths worldwide, that's a death rate of .0008%. If that's a pandemic, I'm not impressed.

So how many of your countrymen need to die for you to be impressed ....

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

Can you try to use your brain for a second here?
First of, those numbers you ae throwing only shows the amount of confirmed cases.
How many tests do you think Morocco can take?
Secondly, the same is valid for the deaths, in Iran for example, the death toll is a lot higher thab officially reported because they dont count ppl who hasnt been tested.
Also in Italy, they stopped testing patients a few days ago, they were overwhelmed.

Then you also need to take account this has only started 4 months ago, and it grows exponentially.

Finally, lets just try to imagine for a second the consequences of having our health systems completely absorbed by covid patients. This means hospital wont be able to treat patients that dont have covid, but may be seriously ill, those who've had accidents.
This has already happened in Italy, covid increased the number of cancer patients who couldnt get the treatment they needed, people who require blood tranfussions daily also were negatively impacted.

Hospital workers are exhausted, and they have been getting sick, what happens if eventually the systems collapses because nurses and doctors start to get infected.

Oh yeah, we are going to have more deathz from other causes, but thats also a consequence of having a pandemic.

But yeah, we can also try not to think things through.

I think all of this is pretty obvious for anyone who can look beyond the direct consequences of any event, it's not rocket science.
edit on 4 4 20 by payta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejaybird

She. Your friend is a she. You know them so well obviously.

Maybe you could address my point?

The US changed after 9/11. Lots of new laws, new federal powers of monitoring, TSA checks, Homeland Security, plus societal change, calls for curbs on religious freedoms and some peoples attitudes to whole communities etc...

Y'all accepted that.

Given - and its not my point by the way, read the OPs posts - 'people die, it's a fact of life' - and the subsequent question of 'what price is freedom' I'm curious as to what's different here.

The OP summises that 270k US deaths is nothing compared to annual deaths from other things and that the measures taken are extreme to the point of being constitution shredding.

2,977 people died on 9/11, which provoked two regional armed conflicts, a fevour of patriotism and the deaths of peoples sons and daughters (and countless civilians elsewhere)

2,977 is an awful lot less that 270k. People accepted that, so why is quarantine to protect MORE American lives such a bad thing?

If one response is patriotic, why isn't this one? Do you cherry pick?

(And no, I won't stop. This is a forum where issues are debated/discussed. If you want a one sided discussion then start a blog without comments. Ironically by saying I should stop you are being unconstitutional....)

edit on 4/4/20 by neformore because: Clarity

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejaybird

And, before you jump on the bandwagon of "That's an either/or fallacy!!!", you need to stop and check reality. As of right now, our rights, according to the Constitution, are being stripped away. Period. 

So who dies because if this is solved by talking about it then nothing was STRIPPED from you and the berserker Patriots need to find another way of killing time.

Because unless there is a compelling force stopping you from EVER enjoying your rights or EVER communicating a grievance with others and those you have grievance with, you are all so full of crap its almost like 9/11 again with retards leading the charge over imaginary threats we need to get red neck patriotic over. Make some "they are pussies" commemts and salute the portrait of Bush Sr we keep over the dead family members folded flags

FFS.

If our democracy is so sorely threatened then someone must be using force or other overt means of ending America as we know it. Holy isht.

So again, who is doing this to us and who needs to die for it to stop?

If we can just ask them to stop and vote on it, then we still live in yesterday's America, just under a national crisis that merits special circumstances until it is abated.

Which is it? Talk or shoot? If talk, stop making a bigger deal than it is and focus on the actual crisis.

If not, stop just talking about it and lead the charge cowboy. Go get em.

Kill em all oh son of our nation.
edit on 4-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join