It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, So Many Americans Have Died Since WA's First COVID Death!!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Jay-morris

How many lives is freedom worth?

Oh come on! You still have your bloody freedom! It's not lime You are locked in a room with no food or water. It's not lime You cannot go outside your house. It's only limited because of the virus! Stop over reacting with this freedom rubbish!

You will have your freedom again, once this virus is under control! At the moment in America there are 38,972 American people who are in serious critical condition, and the virus has not even peaked yet!

And this is not enough for you to leave your ignorance and selfishness to one side, and see that this is a huge problem?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

HOW MANY LIVES IS FREEDOM WORTH???

ANSWER THE GOD-DAMNED QUESTION!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

...and can be applied to many things well beyond Coronavirus, a fact which those blinded by the covers they're hiding under aren't seeing. Guns are used, in fact, to kill people so they can now argue banning them would "save lives." The lack of universal healthcare, paid for by you and I does cost some people their lives, so expect that to be used as an excuse to eliminate the Right of choice in healthcare. The next time a random passer-by kills a cop it can be successfully argued that nationwide stop and frisk would save cop lives, so I guess the Right to be secure in your person without a warrant or reasonable cause goes out the window now. Waterboarding saved lives, so it stands to reason that those OK with these infringements in the name of saving lives will never argue against it's usage and we can start doing it (and forcing people to incriminate themselves) stateside moving forward. How many lives would be saved from those who kill in the name of Allah simply saw their Islamic religion banned? How many lives would be saved if all media reports had to be reviewed by government panels to ensure sterility of news before it went to the public for consumption?

Seems "It might save lives" is a piss poor excuse to infringe on peoples' Rights and freedoms, but a wonderful excuse for pandering to the idea of soothing fears which should be solely on the shoulders of the fearful but now, apparently, that soothing MUST be undertaken by us all.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Oh come on! You still have your bloody freedom! It's not lime You are locked in a room with no food or water.

So as long as the slave is fed and watered it's not slavery? Hmm... I'm wondering why people get upset at all over issues like slavery, kidnapping, the innocent going to prison... It strikes me that y'all are showing us some amazing pressure points to use against virtually every goddamned argument you make if/when we come out of this and you have the luxury of talking out of your ass again over issues like the "Constitutionality/legality" of a seated US president exercising his authority to bar immigrants from particular regions.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's why I asked the question!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

HOW MANY LIVES IS FREEDOM WORTH???

ANSWER THE GOD-DAMNED QUESTION!

What's your definition of freedom? Not giving a crap about people dying in your country, as long as you can have your freedom?

I will tell you! I have been self isolating for two weeks now, only going out to do shopping for my wife and daughter. My wife is sick, so I am also home teaching my daughter!

I do this not because I have too, but because I want too. I want to play my part in not spreading this disease that is killing thousands! It's not about me getting it, it's about getting it and spreading it to other people. So I do this consciously because I want to be lives and beat this virus!

So, sorry, I am not lime You! I do not look at other life as worthless compared to my freedom. My freedom will always be there after this virus runs it's course!

It's obvious that a lot of people are losing their lives, and a lot more will lose their lives! Is that not enough for you?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It's why I asked the question!

I really don't think they realize just what a Mac Truck sized hole they've created to use against them in virtually every future political argument following this Great Enslavement period. Or, maybe they have realize what a can of worms, inconvenient to the establishment and liberal narrative worms, they've actually opened and that's the source of their attempted gang stalking coordinated attack and desire to silence any who dissent... as long as a single one of us remains to exist with a free thinking brain, it is clear their voices will never again be able to be heard on a political topic without the very real risk of being called out on their BS down the road.

Maybe I'm looking at all f this wrong... considering what an asshole I am in political discussions and how much I adore throwing someone's hypocrisy back into their face like fistfulls of sand in the middle of a discussion, this Great Enslavement's exercise in side taking may well prove to be the greatest gift I've ever been handed. A wonderful gift I not only knew I wanted, but had no idea I could even receive...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...and can be applied to many things well beyond Coronavirus, a fact which those blinded by the covers they're hiding under aren't seeing. Guns are used, in fact, to kill people so they can now argue banning them would "save lives." The lack of universal healthcare, paid for by you and I does cost some people their lives, so expect that to be used as an excuse to eliminate the Right of choice in healthcare. The next time a random passer-by kills a cop it can be successfully argued that nationwide stop and frisk would save cop lives, so I guess the Right to be secure in your person without a warrant or reasonable cause goes out the window now. Waterboarding saved lives, so it stands to reason that those OK with these infringements in the name of saving lives will never argue against it's usage and we can start doing it (and forcing people to incriminate themselves) stateside moving forward. How many lives would be saved from those who kill in the name of Allah simply saw their Islamic religion banned? How many lives would be saved if all media reports had to be reviewed by government panels to ensure sterility of news before it went to the public for consumption?

Seems "It might save lives" is a piss poor excuse to infringe on peoples' Rights and freedoms, but a wonderful excuse for pandering to the idea of soothing fears which should be solely on the shoulders of the fearful but now, apparently, that soothing MUST be undertaken by us all.

Well done! You just used a bunch of whit ifs to justify your belief!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

"Whit ifs?" You meant what?

Oh, and your ENTIRE argument for why these infringements are OK and don't equal violation of Rights is based on a "what if." Physician, heal thyself.
edit on 3-4-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Oh come on! You still have your bloody freedom! It's not lime You are locked in a room with no food or water.

So as long as the slave is fed and watered it's not slavery? Hmm... I'm wondering why people get upset at all over issues like slavery, kidnapping, the innocent going to prison... It strikes me that y'all are showing us some amazing pressure points to use against virtually every goddamned argument you make if/when we come out of this and you have the luxury of talking out of your ass again over issues like the "Constitutionality/legality" of a seated US president exercising his authority to bar immigrants from particular regions.

What the hell are you talking about! This is about trying to stop the spread of a deadly virus! It's completly different! Jesus!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

2,977 apparently, if the Patriot Act is a measure after 9/11.

Travel restrictions, shut down airspace at the time, many more state surveillance powers following. New offences and a whole new Homeland Security agency.

Funny how all you (now) pro-constitutionals were all for interning Muslims and wanting to shut down mosques after 9/11 (CapN 'Murica even mentioned it in the post above) despite the first amendment, and also subsequently wanted to ban certain items of religious clothing as well. Y'all didn't have any problems with that but now you're being asked to halt the spread of a virus that doesn't select on religion suddenly its all a bad bad thing.

And hell...you guys started two major conflicts after 9/11, tanked your economy in the process and sent people to their deaths for less than 3k people (hey - people die, as you seem to want to point out) and yet the prospect of a virus killing tens of thousands is nothing to you.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I go to work every day in a building with Covid-19 patients.

Your "sacrifices" don't impress me.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It's completly different!

Sure. You've obviously convinced yourself of that. You sort of had to or you'd be seeing your own hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

"Whit ifs?" You meant what?

Oh, and your ENTIRE argument for why these infringements are OK and don't equal violation of Rights is based on a "what if." Physician, heal thyself.

Let me ask you this! Is America more a free country the the UK?

link   

They'll use Covid-19 to justify a repeal of the 2nd Amendment.

They'll use Covid-19 to repeal the 1st Amendment.

They are cowards.

Plain and simple.

Cowards.

link   

It's completly different!

Sure. You've obviously convinced yourself of that. You sort of had to or you'd be seeing your own hypocrisy.

Oh please explain! Cannot wait to read this!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

They are cowards.

Plain and simple.

Cowards.

I think someone is a little paranoid here!

(post by DBCowboy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sorry, but calling people cowards when you just sound like a fanatic! Bloody creepy!
edit on 3-4-2020 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/3/20 by Hefficide because: Edited to remove mannered post

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

They are cowards.

Plain and simple.

Cowards.

I think someone is a little paranoid here!

Not paranoid, sport.

The term is, "Woke".

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join