It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Fauci says must keep social distancing policies until not one case of virus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I posted exactly what he said.

Even worse than saying restrictions can be relaxed when we see zero new cases, he said would have to be, like it will begrudging for him

Hey, you cant denying reality if it makes you feel good.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I posted exactly what he said.
No.

Here is what you said:

He said it can be relaxed when we see essentially no new cases.

Here is what he said, regarding no new cases.

I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing

Obviously you would have to relax social distancing if there were no new cases. Duh.
He goes on to say a transition to containment can be made before that, when we have the ability to do so. That means sufficient testing.

edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yes, he suggests they would have to relax social distancing if there were no new cases, which again is worse than saying the can relax them.

He discusses these measures are mitigation, he wants to move to containment.

How does he define containment, or when we have transitioned to that?

When the curve shows essentially no new cases.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Containment is just that, containing the infection to prevent its spread.

A transition to containment can be made when there is sufficient testing to show where infections are prevalent (or not). This will enable contact tracing. It can be determined where the infection actually is.

At this time we can only assume that it is everywhere so mitigation is the only option.

If you listened to more than a single sentence (which you didn't actually listen to), you would have known what he said.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I listened to it

Show me where he defines containment.

The only threshold for transition he gives is when we see no new cases

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I gotta say, a lot of ATS members are going to find my smugness offputting when this reaches the point where most of those endorsing these over-reactions, Constitutional Rights violations, and economic destruction socially distance their heads from their asses long enough to say "Holy crap, this was a horrible idea and the threat was not worth the cure." I'll be here, smugly continuing to be sorely disappointed in the total absence of testicular fortitude and pride most Americans have exhibited during this relatively minor health flap.

To be honest I hope it comes down to you saying that you are wrong... and not in anyway to win an argument.... but because ...you know...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I gotta say, a lot of ATS members are going to find my smugness offputting when this reaches the point where most of those endorsing these over-reactions, Constitutional Rights violations, and economic destruction socially distance their heads from their asses long enough to say "Holy crap, this was a horrible idea and the threat was not worth the cure." I'll be here, smugly continuing to be sorely disappointed in the total absence of testicular fortitude and pride most Americans have exhibited during this relatively minor health flap.

To be honest I hope it comes down to you saying that you are wrong... and not in anyway to win an argument.... but because ...you know...

Here's where we presently stand. If I end up having to say "Yup, I was wrong" then it means a huge number of Americans will die from this... if I end up being right, then it means a lot fewer deaths and this was overblown and used as an excuse to stymie the economy while laying the table for a lot of snip down the road. Essentially those who would subvert our Constitution from within the government now know America's point of resistance (well... not really seeing as how the majority have yet to resist jack squat) and believe that, given a dramatic enough enemy threat (real or otherwise) all Rights, freedoms, livelihoods are on the table for suspension or even elimination. If you believe they won't use that and, given the average response from citizens we're sadly witnessing, succeed in using that to fight nonsense like climate change, gun violence, universal health care, installation of whatever future government plans they may come up with then you've got WAAAAAAYYYYYY more unfounded blind faith in the government than I ever could have.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How long will people find the shelter in place acceptable? 3 month, 6 months, 12 months. Sooner or later I think some people will revolt and want to get back to work, but will it be to late?
edit on 2-4-2020 by asd161 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
How about NO?

I'm going outside, to work, to the store, to talk to my neighbor, for a walk, whatever.

Arrest me.

My stupid 1200 should cover my bail.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Containment is just that, containing the infection to prevent its spread.

A transition to containment can be made when there is sufficient testing to show where infections are prevalent (or not). This will enable contact tracing. It can be determined where the infection actually is.

LOL. The time for containment would have been months ago. The cat is out of the bag. It's everywhere at this point. You don't have to test when you already have confirmed cases across the nation.

The testing will be great a year from now for epidemiologists to track contacts. It's laughable that they can do it any time soon with any reasonable expectation for it to work. State and local epidemiologists were struggling to keep up with reportable diseases before Covid even happened.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The New Normal;

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

It's everywhere at this point.

Prove it.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Here's where we presently stand. If I end up having to say "Yup, I was wrong"

I was thinking you being wrong means the Goverment is not trying to over reach and once this is over backs off completely...

edit on 2-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Here's where we presently stand. If I end up having to say "Yup, I was wrong"

I was thinking you being wrong means the Goverment is not trying to over reach and once this is over back off completely...

Can you provide an example from history where a government voluntarily backed off of a new authority, power, or flex that they discovered the public tolerated? You know as well as I do that they don't operate that way and that's why every country on this planet had warfare against their prior government as part of their birthing pangs.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Can you provide an example from history where a government voluntarily backed off of a new authority, power, or flex that they discovered the public tolerated?

My parents were placed under martial law after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The public tolerated it the entire time it was in effect. Then it wasn't.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Can you provide an example from history where a government voluntarily backed off of a new authority, power, or flex that they discovered the public tolerated?

My parents were placed under martial law after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The public tolerated it the entire time it was in effect.

Perhaps we can bring back internment camps for people of Asian descent

That worked so well last time

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I don't think COVID19 discriminates as to heritage. But you seem to have missed the point.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well there you go... Ben Franklin warned us about this...

“If you give up your freedom for safety, you don't deserve either one.”

― Ben Franklin

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I don't think COVID19 discriminates as to heritage. But you seem to have missed the point.

Had the government made a statement like the one Fauci made here during that internment

“If we see no military aggression at all from japan, we will have to relax internment of Japanese Americans”

I’m sure you would have defended that as well

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

My parents were placed under martial law after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The public tolerated it the entire time it was in effect. Then it wasn't.

Again I ask, has Martial Law been declared presently?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join