It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you lost or gained weight while stuck at home?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Alas ...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Due to, erm, hormones, I'm in that period of time when I naturally gain about three pounds anyhow. Then I've been doing those parts of my son's tae kwon do workouts that I can with my shoulder because I need to be actively working it out to further its recovery process. So I've been doing that four times a week.

I'm up about 3 pounds.

But I'm not sure that it's because I've been eating more than normal although I have because due to, erm, hormones, I've had a serious case of the munchies off and on for about four days now.
edit on 2-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hormones suck!

Maybe those 3 pounds are from building muscle doing the tae kwon do?
Don't answer that, we're going with the muscle explanation regardless.

#HormonalWomenUnite!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Margaritas contain lime juice.
Lime is a fruit.
Lime contains Vitamin C.
Vitamin C helps boost your immune system.

Margaritas are medicine!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Gaining weight I hope. Always was a skinny git but now I'm working so hard on my land/garden and have a stocked larder things are great.

Almost eating more than I can handle.

nom nom nom!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm the same weight as before all this started.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: Snarl

Margaritas contain lime juice.
Lime is a fruit.
Lime contains Vitamin C.
Vitamin C helps boost your immune system.

Margaritas are medicine!

In the meantime, I'm rotating stuff out of the freezer that's been
forgotten for awhile... and boy, you want to lose weight there's
nothing like some transitory food poisoning from Italian sausage
with a drop dead date in Roman numerals.

Beer's made from hops.
hops = veggie
veggie = salad
BEER IS FOOD
edit on 2-4-2020 by derfreebie because: TYPO Isle of That's Weight self-git...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I'll know for sure soon enough.

If it's all hormonal, those pounds will come off extra quick and my appetite will die all at the same time.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I had a med check last week and to my shock I have only gained five pounds since last November. But this morning I went to get some meds and I could not button my regular work jeans. I had to go to a pair a size up. This is NOT good!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I'll know for sure soon enough.

If it's all hormonal, those pounds will come off extra quick and my appetite will die all at the same time.

I think it was Phyllis Diller that said it best.
Interviewer: "And how do you keep your girlish figure??"
My Favorite Aardvark:"Really good drugs...lots of 'em."
Not being gender meek, this guy uses that Q&A a lot.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I do intermittent fasting.
Before shelter in place, my weight was pretty static, by choice.
In the last 2-3 weeks I have lost 2-3 pounds. Not a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I put on 15 in the winter and lose 15 in the summer. C19 has not affected and will not change that.
The quarantinis have been slowing down my spring summer loss though. Not stopping, just slowing.
Delicious and worth it. Always been a skinny butt.
Is female FWIW. 110 lbs summer 125 winter.

Gotta keep warm somehow eh

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I tend to eat a lot when I'm at work. I'm not even hungry. In the morning time they we'll ask me if I've eaten anything this morning. Chances are I hadn't because I wasn't hungry. Then they all tell me that I need to eat. Someone will never ee offer me something and expect that I eat it. Even if I tell them I don't want it. The same situation occurs at lunch time. I have a reasonable size lunch. My co-workers will tell me that I don't have enough to eat. Mind you I already ate breakfast because they gave me a banana or something. I'm not even hungry at lunch time! So I feel like I need to eat. Peer pressure's annoying. I bring my own lunch I don't eat out. So I'm full from lunch and I come home about three hours later and dinner's ready. I'm not hungry however my grandmother will feel very upset if I do not eat the food she made. I used to be a hundred and forty I packed on 45 pounds of the past 3 years.
Now, nobody's asking me if I eaten. I'm not being criticized for the amount of food that I eat or don't eat. I've been walking a lot. My grandmother says that I am the neighborhood watch because of the amount of times I've traveled around our neighborhood past couple of weeks. My work is a pretty active job. I care for the tiniest humans. But because of the change in eating habits I've lost a considerable amount of weight.
When I do go back to work, I'm just going to stay away from those people in the break room. Just because someone else is hungry all the time doesn't mean that they should be imposing their hunger on to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join