It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat officials angry Samaritains purse allowed to set up hospitals for Covid-19 in NYC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A lot of the homeless shelters, hospitals, and food banks in the cities where I have lived were run by or founded by Christians or on Christian principals.

I have never heard any complaining about this from the people that they help.

The only complaints are from bitter, hateful, people who don’t need help and don’t give a shyte about anything or anybody but their own ideology

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: The2Billies

Just because Christians believe that a man humping another man is disgusting and immoral doesn't mean that they hate gays or think they deserve to be treated like they are lesser than Christians.

Christians also believe pedophilia is wrong and disgusting, pretty soon they will be hated on for defending that value too.

1. It's fine to think that's disgusting, immoral, etc. It's NOT OK to discriminate against them, deny them rights, etc., due to those beliefs. Discrimination is not religious freedom. And all you need to do is take a look at what people like the Westboro baptist church say to realize that yes, those beliefs can lead to hatred.

2. I think we can all agree pedophilia is wrong and disgusting--not to mention it's a crime perpetrated on a non-consenting minor. It's pretty far fetched to suggest Christians will be hated for opposing that. You're going to be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that's OK unless you happen to be hanging out a NAMBLA convention.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Interesting that the left and Democratic Party elected officials would rather not allow a Christian medical organization assist with the epidemic, but feel they have no choice but to accept tainted assistance from Christians.

If you have a problem with gay people you obviously aren’t following Christ’s teachings, and in effect you aren’t a Christian. You’re just one of the many groups using religion (adherence to societal norms) to tarnish the name of Christ.

And as such should be ashamed to call yourself a Christian.

Bull#

Christ called out Herod antipas twice for cross dressing and for his homosexuality. Modern translations exist to hide the fact.

"What did you come out to see? A man dressed in 'soft raiment'? Those wearing 'soft raiment' dwell in palaces...." Matthew 11:18. The greek word Jesus uses is "malakhay" which means plush and is a greek euphemism for effeminacy. It's also a play on the Hebrew work for king, since Herod antipas wasn't even really jewish. Josephus notes that Herod Antipas was known for dressing like a bride and "Marrying" members of his court in elaborate ceremonies.

"Go tell that fox Herod..." Luke 11:13. Jesus uses the feminine word for fox--a vixen, in English. The female fox was so slutty when it was in heat that it would follow fox hunters who try to find the male. What Jesus said was idiomatically closer to, "Go tell that slutty bitch Herod..."

If you actually read up on other people's religion, you wouldn't call them out for being . . . hypocrites. Until you first made sure that you're not being one yourself....

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Did you miss the part about loving your neighbor as yourself?

edit on 2-4-2020 by Gandalf77 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Just because Christians believe that a man humping another man is disgusting and immoral doesn't mean that they hate gays or think they deserve to be treated like they are lesser than Christians.

Sure, those two go hand in hand. So you have no problem with the Muslim Brotherhood jumping on in? No questions for them?

Pretty sure Muslim Brotherhood shares the same values on man on man action, but you seem to be implying that if the Muslim Brotherhood were doing this it would somehow be more ... something.

I don't know. A hospital open to all is a hospital open to all. Does it matter than much to you who builds it?

Perhaps poorly worded, but my point is the hypocrisy here is amazing. 90% of the posters here would freak out and had this as a top thread if a muslim anti LQBTQ evangelical group opened a hospital in lib/dem NY - like I stated, I worked for the Jesuits in South America and was called a conqueror and oppressor many times. Never once did I speak of religion when rebuilding a favela because I never believed in it. Im not saying these people are not helping. Its a natural inclination to question an evangelical group.
edit on 2-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You

Christ called out Herod antipas twice for cross dressing and for his homosexuality.

Have a source to cite?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

What does love mean? A box of chocolates and a bottle of chablis?

It means treating you're guests like family and your family like guests. Even when they are wrong.

I see Samaritan's Purse doing that. Everybody else.... well...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

You

Christ called out Herod antipas twice for cross dressing and for his homosexuality.

Have a source to cite?

Yeah. Literally the rest of my post.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

When someone is starving and are offered food do they care whose hand it comes from?

When someone is sick, possibly dying, do they really care whether or not that caregiver prays and to whom?

If a person would rather die than receive help based on personal beliefs then that is their own fault.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

If a person would rather die than receive help based on personal beliefs then that is their own fault.

And if they would rather see someone ELSE die than receive help....

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen

You

Have a source to cite?

So you just pulled it out of your butt? Or is that your interpretation.

Please quote and cite what original text are you referring to? What is the source you interpreted?
edit on 2-4-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 2-4-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

You do understand that being Muslim pretty much means anti-LGBTQ+Whatever Other Letters We're Adding This Week, right? They do tend to toss gays off of buildings in the Middle East or force them to get a sex change if you're Iran.

Yes, orthodox Christianity counts homosexual sex as a sin, just like sex out of wedlock is a sin. Since marriage is between one man and one woman in orthodox Christianity it means that homosexual behavior is pretty much always sinful.

Of course, we are taught to hate the sin (the behavior) and love the sinner meaning the act is the problem, not the person. Part of the issue is that modern society has decided that gays must identify as their behavior and allow it to define who they are. They are their sin, so they choose to believe that means we hate them.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

What does love mean? A box of chocolates and a bottle of chablis?

It means treating you're guests like family and your family like guests. Even when they are wrong.

I see Samaritan's Purse doing that. Everybody else.... well...

The relentless spread of AIDS in Africa already has forced many churches to grapple with sensitive subjects of sexuality and death among the young and put Roman Catholics at odds with officials over the Vatican’s opposition to condoms. But some pastors and scholars believe the coming decades could push churches in Africa to reorder basic theology — placing social assistance and health care ahead of traditional preaching and evangelism.

AIDS reshaping Religious Views in Africa

Preaching God and demonizing condoms to stop Aids is one of the many things evangelicals preach. When they saw the reality of their faith based medicine, they began to alter that. Churches are man made. Churches are run by people. They are not God and are no where closer to God than anyone else here. Some are good and some are bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You do understand that being Muslim pretty much means anti-LGBTQ+Whatever Other Letters We're Adding This Week, right? They do tend to toss gays off of buildings in the Middle East or force them to get a sex change if you're Iran.

Yes, orthodox Christianity counts homosexual sex as a sin, just like sex out of wedlock is a sin. Since marriage is between one man and one woman in orthodox Christianity it means that homosexual behavior is pretty much always sinful.

Of course, we are taught to hate the sin (the behavior) and love the sinner meaning the act is the problem, not the person. Part of the issue is that modern society has decided that gays must identify as their behavior and allow it to define who they are. They are their sin, so they choose to believe that means we hate them.

Hate the sin love the sinner is one of the most overused absurd lies that religious people contend themselves with in regard to being LGBTQ, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You

Have a source to cite?

So you just pulled it out of your butt? Or is that your interpretation.

Please quote and cite what original text are you referring to? What is the source you interpreted?

The Greek text of Matthew 11:8, the Byzantine/Majority text. cut and paste from unbound bible online.

αλλα τι εξηλθετε ιδειν ανθρωπον εν μαλακοις ιματιοις ημφιεσμενον ιδου οι τα μαλακα φορουντες εν τοις οικοις των βασιλειων εισιν

μαλακα = malaka transliterated into English.

Definition of the word, you could look in Gengrich, Bauer & Arnt. petty much any exhaustive greek concordance.
edit on 2-4-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Matthew 11:18.

Matthew 11:18-19 New International Version (NIV)

18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

www.biblegateway.com...

You

Luke 11:13.

Luke 11:13 New International Version (NIV)

13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

What’s the part about a “slutty fox” in Luke 11:13?

edit on 2-4-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed quote

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

typo in my original post. Matthew 11:8

EDIT TO add

Luke text

και ειπεν αυτοις πορευθεντες ειπατε τη αλωπεκι ταυτη ιδου εκβαλλω δαιμονια και ιασεις επιτελω σημερον και αυριον και τη τριτη τελειουμαι

alopexis is greek for fox, peki feminine ending.

edit on 2-4-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

And if they would rather see someone ELSE die than receive help....

I have a few names for those sorts of people, but they all seem to be against T&Cs so...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

It would appear from the quoted sections, that they are upset at Franklin Graham's politics, not at Samaritan's Purse.

Also, it seems that everyone who is criticizing someone else in this particular piece of, what I suspect is propaganda, is a politician. Why blame the Christians?

Also, there seems to be something wrong with the web page. Perhaps they pulled the story?

edit on 2/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Hate the sin love the sinner is one of the most overused absurd lies that religious people contend themselves with in regard to being LGBTQ, in my opinion.

Opinions are like @ssholes.

Basically what it comes down to is that there are things that people do that are wrong that some people just don't want to think are wrong. Fine. Whatever. I'm not here to stop you doing things that are wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join