It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat officials angry Samaritains purse allowed to set up hospitals for Covid-19 in NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Just because Christians believe that a man humping another man is disgusting and immoral doesn't mean that they hate gays or think they deserve to be treated like they are lesser than Christians.

Christians also believe pedophilia is wrong and disgusting, pretty soon they will be hated on for defending that value too.

Speaking of values, in the article the New York City council speaker Cory Johnson spoke of "values". They value a little boy dressed in skimpy drag queen crap with makeup and lipstick on prancing around on a stage resembling a strip joint surrounded by grown men, some dressed like women themselves, all throwing dollar bills at the 10 year old boy. Oh and for good measure they believe in aborting perfectly healthy babies at NINE MONTHS if the "mom" decides she is feeling a little anxiety.

I'm pretty sure if there really is a God, Christians would be winning the moral game against the LGBTQ crowd. Pretty obvious.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Just because Christians believe that a man humping another man is disgusting and immoral doesn't mean that they hate gays or think they deserve to be treated like they are lesser than Christians.

Sure, those two go hand in hand. So you have no problem with the Muslim Brotherhood jumping on in? No questions for them?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It's kind of funny that the organization is called "the Samaritan's Purse."

Once there was someone who told such amazing stories that people followed him everywhere...

One time he told a story about a guy who was dying by the roadside after being robbed. Two of "his own" people passed by and were afraid to help him. But the third guy stopped and helped out, even though he was a member of a hated minority, he was the only one who would help. He wasn't ideologically correct, but the dying man had no choice. The impure man bandaged his wounds and then got him to the next town, and left MONEY for the victim's healthcare. The despised minority person was a Samaritan. Sort of the Christian of his day.... the samaritan's Purse is what provided for the person in need.

The story is called "the Good Samaritan" because a lot of the listeners assumed the only Good Samaritan is a dead samaritan.....

funny how this is playing out...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Sure, those two go hand in hand. So you have no problem with the Muslim Brotherhood jumping on in? No questions for them?

Does the Muslim Brotherhood have an organization equal to that of the Samaritans Purse?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Does the Muslim Brotherhood have an organization equal to that of the Samaritans Purse?

Do they?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

if they have an organization with a history of helping people all over the world of all faiths then sure let them send help, though I would guess they are busy at home.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

if they have an organization with a history of helping people all over the world of all faiths then sure let them send help, though I would guess they are busy at home.

My point exactly!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I never said that.

Obviously... if you had said that, I wouldn't have had to ask, right?

You are putting words in my mouth.

Questions are exactly the opposite of "putting words in your mouth." You questioned motives, I asked questions that would clarify and/or expand on your vague (accusatory) statement.

I said its ok to question the motive.

I disagree. Unless and until there is reason to question motives, and more importantly, practices. Hence my questions. I was looking for the reasons that you might question their motives. Apparently -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- you have no reason to question their motives beyond your own suspicion and dislike of their faith and their principles.

You also want Muslim Brotherhood running a hospital?

Not even a worthy comparison.

The Muslim Brotherhood has unequivocally declared their contempt for any religion but their own and those who practice other religions. The Muslim Brotherhood has committed acts of violence individually and collectively. In other words, no one needs to question their motives because they themselves have made them clear to the whole world -- both by word and deed.

Thats fine.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

I think it would be fair to say most would question it.

As already noted, there is no reason to "question" the motives of the Muslim Brotherhood because we know by their words and deeds.

Evangelicals are not there just to help - they by definition are there to covnvert you.

Actually, no. They share the gospel and hope people embrace and accept it; they do not (cannot!) force anyone to convert. Unlike the Muslim Brotherhood, which demands conversion or death, Evangelicals make no threats or ultimatums. Very big difference.

Edit to add - real world examples of religious organizations hurting people with faith based "cures"? Too many to post.

Well sure. There are bad apples in every bunch. It's not like every religious organization is exactly the same as every other. Nor is it like other organizations cannot be corrupt or incompetent or otherwise lacking.
edit on 2-4-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

It's interesting to me people put so much faith in (humans) running religions but if Bill Gates said Im opening a hospital in NYC ATS would explode.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I guess they dont believe in the coexistence of opposing ideologies within a multiplicity of voices in our country with many holding unique perspectives.

I dont celebrate or degrade any ideology beyond the most extreme at times like this. Anyone who does look at party affiliation or religious beliefs at this particular time and point in history is an uneqivical asshole.

Virus or economic hardship is coming, maybe both so if you arent human now, I dont really want you to make it. Not in my heart. If anyone is too stubborn and thick, I will let die. Not now ok. Just be human and good ADDED- to others I say. We have a common goal.

edit on 2-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: HelloboysImbackguy

I guess they dont believe in the coexistence of opposing ideologies within a multiplicity of voices in our country with many holding unique perspectives.

I dont celebrate or degrade any ideology beyond the most extreme at times like this. Anyone who does look at party affiliation or religious beliefs at this particular time and point in history is an uneqivical asshole. Virus or economic hardship is coming, maybe both so if you arent human now, I dont really want you to make it. Not in my heart. If you are so stubborn and thick, I will let die. Not now ok. Just be human and good.

If they did the make shift hospital wouldn't be there up and operating. It is. No one stopped them from helping. Some questioned the motives. I thought that what ATS would want.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

if he put his money into opening a hospital and getting qualified people in there to run it I would say kudos for stepping up when the govt has failed.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I wasnt speaking to you specifically or at all. Sorry it seemed that way. Thanks for sharing and have a good one

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As long as they don’t discriminate, what’s the big deal?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
As long as they don’t discriminate, what’s the big deal?

Agreed. When a group states openly they think one group of people is immoral and their job is to preach I thinks valid to take a look at them. I worked for the Jesuits in South America and although I did not ascribe to all of their practices all I saw was helping other people. Im not saying this hospital shouldn't be there, but its ok to scrutinize.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Interesting that the left and Democratic Party elected officials would rather not allow a Christian medical organization assist with the epidemic, but feel they have no choice but to accept tainted assistance from Christians.

If you have a problem with gay people you obviously aren’t following Christ’s teachings, and in effect you aren’t a Christian. You’re just one of the many groups using religion (adherence to societal norms) to tarnish the name of Christ.

And as such should be ashamed to call yourself a Christian.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Interesting that the left and Democratic Party elected officials would rather not allow a Christian medical organization assist with the epidemic, but feel they have no choice but to accept tainted assistance from Christians.

If you have a problem with gay people you obviously aren’t following Christ’s teachings, and in effect you aren’t a Christian. You’re just one of the many groups using religion (adherence to societal norms) to tarnish the name of Christ.

And as such should be ashamed to call yourself a Christian.

Well said. It's sad and shameful how many folks don't seem to comprehend that.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

“ Based on your post you would then have absolutely no problem if the Muslim Brotherhood was running it?”

But they aren’t, are they?
I don’t think that you agree at all.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There are many Christian hospitals, don't people know this?

So what's the difference ?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Pretty sure Muslim Brotherhood shares the same values on man on man action, but you seem to be implying that if the Muslim Brotherhood were doing this it would somehow be more ... something.

I don't know. A hospital open to all is a hospital open to all. Does it matter than much to you who builds it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join