It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be HCID in the UK.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Trump it seems is about to lose a lot of his fan base who are going to die of stupidity judging by some of these comments.

Natural selection in action

In the uk Trumps briefings are prime time comedy as this rich, geriatric idiot spouts just a few weeks ago calling the virus a hoax.

I just hope none of those flag waving dumbos come near me or my family or I will carry out my freedom to destroy them where they stand.

Me and mine will Stay Home, Protect the NHS, and Save Lives. Listen to advice and completely ignore dangerous idiots. And not put my fellow British at risk.

Former British Army Sniper and Patriot

Edited because of stupid statement
edit on 2-4-2020 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

"There are people dying who have never died before ".

Really?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Really?

Sorry, I stand corrected. He didnt say that. I fell for a meme

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
Trump it seems is about to lose a lot of his fan base who are going to die of stupidity judging by some of these comments.

Natural selection in action

In the uk Trumps briefings are prime time comedy as this rich, geriatric idiot spouts just a few weeks ago calling the virus a hoax.

I just hope none of those flag waving dumbos come near me or my family or I will carry out my freedom to destroy them where they stand.

Me and mine will Stay Home, Protect the NHS, and Save Lives. Listen to advice and completely ignore dangerous idiots. And not put my fellow British at risk.

Former British Army Sniper and Patriot

Edited because of stupid statement

But but, your freedom! Freedom is all that matters. Don't worry about trying to contain this, worry about your freedom! Don't worry about people dying, it's all about your own personal freedom to buy guns and shoot things!

Sarcasm off!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
I have explained why it is different. They know hardly anything about the virus. It's unpredictable. You may have mild symptoms, or it may kill you, no matter your age or how healthy you are. That is why it's dangerous! Why can't people see that!

All i hear is people saying there freedoms have been taking away! It is easy to say that when the virus has not effected you yet. It's a very selfish way to think!

What you're describing is a situation where we as individuals have to take it upon ourselves to stay safe. People get shot in the US all the time but you won't find me in downtown Atlanta at 2 in the morning at a bar picking a fight. Same for the virus. Wash, distance, etc. I have no plans to go to New York City which is our Italy.

As for freedoms, I didn't even get to that in my last post but yes, that's a concern too. We don't have to be militant about it but we don't have to be passive either. That is, the government should not be in control of our lives and if we give an inch, they'll take a mile and never give it back.

edit on 4-2-2020 by LogicalGraphitti because: fix spelling error

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

As for freedoms, I didn't even get to that in my last post but yes, that's a concern too. We don't have to be militant about it but we don't have to be passive either. That is, the government should not be in control of our lives and if we give an inch, they'll take a mile and never give it back.

I am not saying weld people into their homes or anything like that, but over the last two/three weeks America and the UK, have not done enough. Even seeing what this has done in Spain and Italy is not enough for them to put down strict laws until we get on top of this.

Why are a lot of Americans obsessed with this and their freedom. The UK is just as free as America, but you do not hear people crying about freedom like some people on here. Why is that?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Really?

Ha Haaaa! Straight outta Scarface... movie quote.... "who I had killed already but was not dead"

Yes there actually are people dying who have never died before.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

No. The UK is not as free as America.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

On March 19, 2020 the UK had 40 deaths due to covid. On April 1st they show 563. I'm guessing their stance has changed since then.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Why are a lot of Americans obsessed with this and their freedom. The UK is just as free as America, but you do not hear people crying about freedom like some people on here. Why is that?

That's a great question from a Brit and I mean that with all respect. Recall that the United States formed because of the tyranny of the King of England. The people that found this country were escaping what they felt was too much control by the British crown. They ensured that everything they didn't like about the homeland didn't become part of the new world.

I'm not a naturally born American but I've become as red blooded as any American. Maybe it's just the people I hand around with but all of them would fight to keep the government controlling too much of their lives. Granted, our government has a lot more control today than 30 years ago. I blame that on Clinton, Bush 2 and Obama.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

Can you please explain how the UK is not as free as America. And please, do not mention guns!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

On March 19, 2020 the UK had 40 deaths due to covid. On April 1st they show 563. I'm guessing their stance has changed since then.

No because I believe the cutoff fatality rate was 10%. 563 isn't even 10% of those tested positive much less those that actually have it that haven't been tested, I'm double-checking that to see if I am remembering correctly.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The thing is if the measures that have been taken are as effective as we all hope they will be it will mean that there will be no where near as many casualties as there would have been if these lockdown measures had not been introduced.
As such it will be impossible to quantify and accurately measure how many lives have been saved.
And it follows that those who have been saying these measures are uncalled for will absolutely refuse to acknowledge that death rates would have far, far higher.

Yet again we witness people putting political dogma and blind faith before scientific fact and professional advice.
Arrogance and ignorance of the highest order.

I will start worrying about any perceived or possible loss of 'civil liberties' and 'freedoms' if or when I, my wife, my daughter, my 9 year old grandson, my parents who are both well into their 70's and my two brothers come through this unscathed.
If the restrictions put in place are not repealed then I suspect there would be a world wide uprising.

And before the most paranoid among us start spouting the predictable conspiracy theories I have to say it would be impossible to suppress the fact that the threat from something of this magnitude and on this scale was more or less over.
The extent of such a conspiracy would have to involve so many people that it would dwarf anything ever imagined even by ATS's more creative members.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yes we are

Second line

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: daskakik

No because I believe the cutoff fatality rate was 10%. 563 isn't even 10% of those tested positive much less those that actually have it that haven't been tested, I'm double-checking that to see if I am remembering correctly.

We are on 2391 deaths in the uk since march. Our normal daily rate is 1500 per day and the virus has put this up by 31% which is climbing daily. 569 just today

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Absolute bollocks.

This has been discussed more times than I care to think about....and every time it has been proven that those who think this suffer from a 'lack of social distancing between their head and their ass'.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: steaming

The 1918 influenza pandemic or "Spanish Flu" was the most severe pandemic in recent history.

It was caused by an H1N1 virus, a virus that was the most common cause of human influenza.

Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide.

As to doctors back then, they did the best with the tools they had at there disposal but they had no real true understanding of the pathogens they were dealing with, in the same manner, we do 100 years later, none the less its our information age, transportation hubs that span the globe, and infrastructure we have in place, that will enable Covid 19 to propagate, in a very similar fashion as to how the 1918/19 pandemic spread all over the place.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Technically your freedom is a bit of a fallacy at best, rather illusory if we are honest.

We are as free as any other first-world nation.

As long as you don't act like a complete and utter flump, and don't hurt anyone, nobody gives rats arse what you do nor say.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

563 was the number of deaths in a single day. The total is around 8.6% so, if the cut off is 10% they may not have changed their stance yet but it should change in the next couple of days.

Still, citing a stance from 2 weeks ago, before things started to a turn for the worse, is disingenuous.

edit on 2-4-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Really?

Hahaha, hahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

😅😅😅

🤣🤣🤣

Dude.. I'm glad you quoted that.

I haven't had a good laugh in a while and that did it for me.

I'm still laughing out loud.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join