It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be HCID in the UK.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Alright. At least you are consistent. No sarcasm meant. If this is a scam of some kind it's a pretty good one because I am sitting right behind a triage nurse who is working from home doing COVID outreach and doing her best to not send anyone to the hospital or urgent care unless there are no other options. Out of an abundance of caution? I dunno. It feels pretty real in my house.

EDIT: huge props for the social distancing between head and ass comment BTW. I am so stealing that ASAP.
edit on 2-4-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.
The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.
a reply to: bastion

The government's COVID-19 response:

Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do

Stay at home

Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)

If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times

Wash your hands as soon as you get home

Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.

I dont see them changing anything beyond a classification. Like you said the only updates are based on death rate , which no longer fits the criteria reserved for more lethal pathogens and infections .

I agree with you. The facts give us an available response to the knowns so the lockdown is what they were advised is appropriate.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
Game over.

Your politicians are lying to you. They are scaring old ladies to death. President Trump needs to make a live broadcast telling everybody to get back to work, school, play and enjoyment of the freedom and liberty offered in the United States of America.

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.

This reclassification doesn't make it any less dangerous, it isn't a downgrading, more of a sidegrading...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I'm not saying people arent dying, man. But looks t the numbers, please. In NYC only 78 deaths have been under 50 years old and only 8 of them didnt have significant underlying health issues. This isn't good, but it also isn't even remotely close to bad enough to justify suspending Rights millions died to secure and defend or businesses tens of millions sacrificed everything to build and keep going all these years.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
a reply to: Trueman

Come on!! I mean I go to work. I never stopped. I go to the grocery store. I go Walmart. I'm all up in the filthy dirty corona zone all day since it started and I don't have the virus. It is nonsense.

So you could be one of the people who has it and has no symptoms, meaning you are potentially walking round spreading the virus EVERYWHERE you go.

I very rarely get ill but when I do I get knocked for 6, last time was a nasty strain of Coronavirus. I'm very conscious of the fact I could get it and not get sick, i have 2 VIP's in my life that are high risk, I am being very careful but am also lucky enough to live in a semi-rural area where I can still go for a walk for hours and not see a soul. Our local supermarket has implemented 2m Social Distancing restrictions, this isn't optional. All I can tell you is that this is coming to you too...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: jtma508

Funny isnt it... and I bet it's the same people who will be the first to tell you China is lying about their numbers and were probably mocking and laughing at how they handled it. Now its come to their neck of the woods and it's all fake.

Where has anyone proved this is fake? You so not understand the announcement on the OP if that is what you think it means.

I have a friend in the Czech Republic thinks this is a return of Natural Selection, if you are old, sick, disabled or too stupid to listen to advice and guidelines then you are at higher risk from this than the rest of us...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Yeah, nobody want to get sick from the flu.

For the umpteenth time... COVID is NOT the flu. It's not related to the flu. It has nothing to do with the flu other than sharing the same symptomatology as most other respiratory illnesses. Stop spreading dangerous misinformation.

The link is Colds, Flus and Covid-19 are all types of Coronavirus (Covid-19 is a Novel Coronavirus though)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Boils and MRSA are both staph aureus. Not exactly the same thing. Neisseria is another family. You have some in your mouth right now. Other Neisseria cause meningitis and gonorrhea. Just because two organisms are in the same family doesn't make them comparable. An aircraft carrier and a kayak are both boats. Your comparison is fundamentally flawed.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
If you had family member die from it, would you be on here saying this stuff?

Since I have ancestors who died fighting for this country's Rights, yes, I sure as hell would be on here saying this stuff.

50,000 have died in 3 months? THE HORROR!!! 47,000 people die every day from heart disease... wanna crap on the Constitution and run around the room screaming like your hair was on fire over those, too?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Generation9

If Trump listen to you, I'll consider him and idiot and won't vote for him again.

You've already demonstrated that would be no great loss by falling for this foolishness. Let's be rational here, in influenza frightens you into submission, your not the type of voter we need choosing the leader of the free world.

Someone who dosent know influenza and other viruses are not the same has no ground to stand on when telling others who deserves to choose a leader

How does the human body respond to influenza? What are the symptoms? If you burn yourself on a hot stove or burn yourself on a curling iron, is one not a burn just because of the discrete differences between the source, or are you focused on the symptoms of a burn first and foremost?
edit on 2-4-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Don't you think if there was a depopulation agenda, and a deadly virus going around, that they would downplay it and tell you to go outside?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, fair enough. Everything looks like a crisis when you're standing in (next to?) it. I'm a big enough man to admit I don't know for sure and you might be right.

I definitely think we should be testing for clusters and opening things back up. Hell, we should have done that weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If you had family member die from it, would you be on here saying this stuff?

Since I have ancestors who died fighting for this country's Rights, yes, I sure as hell would be on here saying this stuff.

50,000 have died in 3 months? THE HORROR!!! 47,000 people die every day from heart disease... wanna crap on the Constitution and run around the room screaming like your hair was on fire over those, too?

Jesus! Yes I understand that you may be a fanatical patriotic, but come on! People have died for their country in pretty much every country! What makes America different!?

So, are you say places like Spain, they should not worry about it and just get on with their lives. Are you really saying that?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I'm not a Spaniard so I have zero say or thoughts on how Spain handles their business. I am an American, so how American retains our Rights and economy does matter to me and is my business.

If Spain is sneezing, does that mean the US should pretend we also have a cold?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Boils and MRSA are both staph aureus. Not exactly the same thing. Neisseria is another family. You have some in your mouth right now. Other Neisseria cause meningitis and gonorrhea. Just because two organisms are in the same family doesn't make them comparable. An aircraft carrier and a kayak are both boats. Your comparison is fundamentally flawed.

No, an aircraft carrier is a ship.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Natural selection never went away. A bad cold virus is bound to happen every nine or so years, we deal with it.

Also, my post wasnt really replying to the thread. It was to another comment. And if you look closely at threads on ats a lot of them think the virus isnt just that, a naturally forming virus, it's something else or being used to push an agenda.
Who knows. Either way, the conspiracy theories are coming out now.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

WW1, We often read or hear about 'Mustard Gas', yet Germany used 4 such deadly weapons. One of these were PHOSGENE GAS, more about such attached, . I often wonder if such was - perhaps - brought or took home on Boots etc. and did that also take part in the total number of said 'Spanish Flu', ??? Also too many doctors then gave those with high temperature ASPIRINS, which did help cause fatalities. ;

www.kumc.edu...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Sure, except the only crisis "hundreds of millions" of Americans are presently facing is the manufactured crisis caused by a combination of government over reaction and a lack of social distance between the average American's head and their ass. The flu/COVID/Peking Pestilence WTF-ever yall are scared of isn't the crisis.

Is not a crisis? Seriously? So far 50 thousands dead, and almost a million bring infected. I am gathering you know no one who has been infected yet? Yes, people can get it, and it can be very mild, but also people can get it and die, no matter your age!

If you had family member die from it, would you be on here saying this stuff? I do not think so! Even lord trump knows how bad it is now!

It's only a crisis because the media made it so. Shame on us for falling for it. Yeah, I know. COVID has killed a good number of people and I really feel for those that have to bury their loved ones. Put it into perspective though and you'll see there is a huge amount of suffering in this world. People die needlessly in larger numbers than this virus but no one cares because the media haven't told you to.

My best example is when I'm driving to work and the traffic report on the radio says there was an accident on so-and-so road with fatalities. Saying "fatalities" somehow makes it less serious. Every time I hear that, I expect a moment of silence but that will never happen. No one should die going to work. Can we solve all issues causing death in great numbers? No. Do we panic over every killer? No. Why is this any different?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Jay-morris

I'm not a Spaniard so I have zero say or thoughts on how Spain handles their business. I am an American, so how American retains our Rights and economy does matter to me and is my business.

If Spain is sneezing, does that mean the US should pretend we also have a cold?

You do realise that if you do not contain the virus, then America will be looking at more infections and deaths thanvspain or Italy? All you keep on going on about is your freedom. It makes you sound like you have no freedom at all. Stop being a fanatical patriot (it's creepy) and look at the bigger picture here!

Even Trump knows what your country is facing now, and he is the great all powerful trump! Should you be taking notice of your leader?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

It's only a crisis because the media made it so. Shame on us for falling for it. Yeah, I know. COVID has killed a good number of people and I really feel for those that have to bury their loved ones. Put it into perspective though and you'll see there is a huge amount of suffering in this world. People die needlessly in larger numbers than this virus but no one cares because the media haven't told you to.

People die needlessly every day, no one is denying that, but the point is, if America do not get on top of this virus, then you are looking at a lot more deaths. A hell of alot more. Yeah i know that Trump was not worried at the begining, and of course his followers will believe whatever this man says, but even now he is worried!

My best example is when I'm driving to work and the traffic report on the radio says there was an accident on so-and-so road with fatalities. Saying "fatalities" somehow makes it less serious. Every time I hear that, I expect a moment of silence but that will never happen. No one should die going to work. Can we solve all issues causing death in great numbers? No. Do we panic over every killer? No. Why is this any different?

I have explained why it is different. They know hardly anything about the virus. It's unpredictable. You may have mild symptoms, or it may kill you, no matter your age or how healthy you are. That is why it's dangerous! Why can't people see that!

All i hear is people saying there freedoms have been taking away! It is easy to say that when the virus has not effected you yet. It's a very selfish way to think!
edit on 2-4-2020 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join