It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to our so called allies (If true)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Well, this is interesting

Coronavirus Battle Creates a Global ‘Free-for-All’ to Find Masks

www.nytimes.com...

France has a large national stockpile of masks but has bought more from China this spring as the need for protection equipment has soared.Credit...Thomas Paudeleux/EPA, via Shutterstock

Coronavirus: French protective mask manufacturer scraps NHS order to keep masks in France

www.euronews.com...

France has forced a face mask manufacturer to cancel a major UK order as the coronavirus-inspired scramble for protective gear intensifies.

Seems France is hoarding masks?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a plane with 60 million surgical masks - you say

hear is a " typical mask " : link

comes in a box of 50 - 6 boxes to a case , 114 cases to a pallet

thats 33600 per pallet

a 60 million mask load = 1785 pallets [ thats euro pallets for road haulage - NOT air pallets - so i am struggling to convert - esp as many cargo airfaft use 2 or even 3 pallet sizes in the same hold - upper deck // lower redck ]

but the volume of 1785 eyro pallets - seems bigger than any std cargo plane

the devil is in the details

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Lags, I think a more pressing question to ask is why all us Western countries have to order masks from China?

Something badly wrong with that aspect of providing for essential items. A terrible failure of planning in. every. single. Western. country.

Cheers

Yes, why from China....now.

Nothing to add, just only my thoughts.

Bally

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

It might have something to do with this...

www.westernjournal.com...
www.politico.com...
www.thedailybeast.com...

The official asked the Thais for help—only to be informed by the puzzled voices on the other side of the line that a U.S. shipment of the same supplies, the second of two so far, was already on its way to Bangkok.

Trump aides were alarmed when they learned of the exchange, and immediately put the shipment on hold while they ordered a review of U.S. aid procedures. Crossed wires would only confuse our allies, they worried, or worse—offend them. And Americans confronting a surging death toll and shortages of medical equipment back home would likely be outraged.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
I'm in your neighboring country, Belgium. We to have ordered masks from China.

Last week we already received about 15 million face masks but once they were distributed to the hospitals it soon showed that the masks are worthless!
We bought them as fpp2 and N95 masks but they came without certificate, packed in used banana boxes and the quality poorly. Tests shown that the masks don't offer any protection at all for healthcare workers.

looked for an English link but couldn't find any. It's been in the local news for two days

Dont need an"English" link google translater works fine enough, I can't find a link in any language that supports your story
edit on 2-4-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Great point. A747-400 cargo plane can carry 30 pallets.
Lets say they are 10x the size of road pallets. Thats still 178 aircraft worth.

a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Dont need an"English" link google translater works fine enough, I can't find a link in any language that supports your story

Then you didn't look hard enough or tried 'any language'. Did you even try English?
english

not about the specific "story" I wrote about, but similar things everywhere. Sure Belgium is between them

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hopefully the world learns from this and doesn't have the bulk of medical supplies and medicine made in 1 single country no matter the profit.

Every nation in the west should mandate X% of medical supplies and medicines be made in their country for national security reasons.

Also do not forget (china hopes we do) when all this started they forced tankers with medicine and supplies to return to port to use in their fight with Covid19 even though they had already been paid for over seas. Now they are selling junk to the west figuring nobody will notice or nobody will care as we scramble to fix things.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I truly hope we didnt do business with the CCP. I would rather the government straight up ORDER us to make face masks at home en masse after buying European materials so the production is not helping our enemy in this. Then we could sell them back to France at cost to help them in the crisis while bleeding the CCP of blood money

Sorry France . We suck on this one if true. You shouldn't buy Chinese masks either though.

They are probably blankets for Indians.

edit on 2-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
well, the truth is that most West EU countries bought their medical supplies from the US but that source ran dry now...

We all had large stocks of masks after 2003 Sars and 2009 flu. Most with expiry date 2016 so it was all destroyed... and never replenished . The military across Europe is asking for a larger emergency stock ever since then but they never make funds available. Europe was warned.
Now, while struggling to make our own supplies, we don't have another option then to get them from China, or anyone who offers.

What I don't get is that they just recall the bad masks, because they are not suitable in the medical field. I'm sure they are good enough for supermarket workers, or nursing homes. Why is no one giving them these masks?
edit on 2-4-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
They are doing the same with Canada stealing mask ! a shipping for Quebec province was stolen by the usa and divert to Cincinnati ! Sorry usa best way to get #ed up be the other on the planet after that crisis.

(a source in french)
ici.radio-canada.ca...
edit on 2-4-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

There has been Stories about European countries sending masks ect back to China because it aint realiable as you said. I cant find an English link either , only in Danish. There are also some news from January that EU donated 50ton of safety equipment to China.

edit on 2-4-2020 by Melle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

We probably did you a favor, these things were mostly made with bat fur.

Send us a fruit basket, make sure it has some nice French sausage and red wine.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
How can you steal something thats being tracked like your attachment?

Please provide a quote where an official said items were stolen please.

a reply to: Dolby_X

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

in the source the title "Des masques destinés au Canada détournés vers d'autres pays?" Masks destined for Canada diverted to other countries?

here another source

Des milliers de masques KN95 pour protéger des travailleurs de la santé qui avaient été commandés en Chine par un entrepreneur chinois de Montréal ont bizarrement été renvoyés aux États-Unis après avoir été livrés au Québec.

Thousands of KN95 masks to protect healthcare workers who had been ordered to China by a Chinese entrepreneur in Montreal were bizarrely returned to the United States after being delivered to Quebec.

www.journaldemontreal.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Bizarre? I will wait for Justin to accuse Trump of stealing first. This could be anything.
Plus they were in Canada, so Canadian customs let it go back. Which means they were nit stolen.

a reply to: Dolby_X

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Lags, agree on the love of cheap products.

But what I was really getting at is how do we, the people of these countries, redirect the focus of our political leadership?

I mean, someone has to have the nerve to tell people that some things are going to cost more because we don't want to depend on a single supplier.

There are more than a couple of aspects of this situation that make me feel j'en ai assez. Basic preparedness was understood by generations prior. Confused why it seems to negotiable these days.

"Santé, hein!"
edit on 2-4-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Mask production in the USA is really picking up. I did a quick search and learned five manufacturers and industry associations plan to produce just over 100 million masks per month. Many smaller businesses and organizations have also turned to making masks. And it’s now known that many face masks can be sanitized and reused up to 20 times, which will really ease the burden on keeping health care personnel and first responders supplied. At least two U.S. firms are making equipment for sterilizing used masks.

The private sector is really responding well to this crisis. Production seemed agonizingly slow at first, but it’s moving into high gear now. For example, Abbott Labs is now shipping 50,000 five-minute test kits per day.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Oh snap....msm has picked it up so this is looking to be true...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

i linked you 2 msm from Canada lol and you think it true now because fox talk about it... i love how you think ! murica yeah !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join