It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought I'd share what my employer is doing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So I posted a sort of a rant the other day:

What does a "Stay at Home Order mean for YOU?"

A member pointed out that I don't know what people are sharing at any given time. Point well taken...

My title on that thread should have been "What does a Stay at Home Order mean TO YOU"...

Enough with that...here's what my employer is doing:

And to think...I quit this job once...

Just wanted to share a little goodness...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Like. Wow.

As the Accounting Manager, I happen to know my employer could not afford to do anything like that.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

That's pretty incredible! There is a lot of good being done, and it's really nice to shift the narrative from all the negativity we see today. Thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It's nice seeing that business's are realizing what the workers contribute to their company.

It's sad it took a pandemic, but showing support to those that are the lifeblood of the business goes well beyond the monetary aspect.

It's respect and realizing that people matter and that in the end it's really all they have.

This is some 1900's henry ford #.

Everyone needed a dose of that.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

he's got bunker space in the incoming asteroid of the invader!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

We are a small literally "Mom and Pop" business. About 15 employees. However our daily sales over the past couple of weeks had almost tripled.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

And to think...you quit once.

Nice to know about silver linings.
My company is pretty small too.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4

We are a small literally "Mom and Pop" business. About 15 employees. However our daily sales over the past couple of weeks had almost tripled.

I went to my local Mom And Pop hardware store this morning and they had a similar setup as your place. I actually was going to ask if you were in Ft. Lauderdale until I saw your sidebar.

I’m a Chief Engineer of a 500,000 sq foot property in Broward County and work for the company that owns the property. We’re a small company but we own a good amount of real estate on the East coast of Fla. I have 3 employees under me. Between myself and my property manager, we had this all worked out almost 2 months ago. We’re essential, especially since several of our tenants (commercial, not residential) are 3-letter agencies.

My biggest concern, at work, was my staff. They’re 53-60 years old and one of the 60 year olds has COPD. I worked it out with my CFO/HR to send him home without having to utilize his vaca/PTO hours. He’s had a 3-week paid vacation so far. Most offices are running skeleton crews, but I sent an e-mail blast out telling the tenants that any maintenance work will be done the following day after an issue is reported, before the tenants arrive to their suites. My 2 remaining staff is doing all exterior work right now.

About 7 weeks ago we installed automatic paper towel dispensers at every building entrance, hand sanitizers at every elevator and put door stops on everything fire code allows for, to keep doors propped open. The doors we can’t prop open due to codes have sanitary door openers, which you use your arm to pull the door open with. There’s signs everywhere to use paper towels to open everything. We ordered enough stock of sanitizer and paper towels that we have several pallets ready to donate to hospitals if needed.

I sent an e-mail blast to our vendors and said no more than 2 vendors will be allowed on site daily (AC techs, construction crews, etc) and they are to send every invoice in via e-mail instead of having me sign for them. By the time the city went to essential-only, we were so prepared that I’ve just been chilling in my office mostly for the last 3 weeks.

My annual review was 2 weeks ago, the owner, CFO and property manager were thrilled enough with my response that I got a sizable raise this year. Normally I would have shared that news with friends and family, but it hasn’t felt appropriate to do so right now with most of them being out work. Alas, it’s helped me send money to a couple family members and friends who are screwed right now.

Those of us who are still working are indeed fortunate. In my case, it was by design as I was tired of being broke after Broward would shut down every year for hurricanes so when I changed careers, it was a priority to find an essential job. The catch 22 of that is that we’re all still being exposed more than many others and it can be stressful. Today I had no choice but to meet with about 10 different people face to face. I just treat everyone as if they’re infected and only a few times have I had to snap at someone to keep their distance.

Apologies for the long post, I’m not sleeping as well lately and am often browsing ATS for the comedy and occasional info.

Be safe, everyone!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Double Double
edit on 2-4-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And to think...you quit once.

Nice to know about silver linings.
My company is pretty small too.

“Silver Linings” new medical term for hardened lungs...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wow, I'm an essential employee as well and all my company did was bust all the full time people to part time and make the salaried managers pick up the slack. They also made it very clear we were to use up our paid vacation and sick leave before filing for partial unemployment.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

My company announced yesterday that they will guarantee all employees wages through July. That relived a little stress about being out and about in this chaos.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Like. Wow.

As the Accounting Manager, I happen to know my employer could not afford to do anything like that.

28 hours a week times 4 weeks equals 112 hours. $100 bonus divided by 112 hours equals an equivalent of an $0.89 per hour raise.

Your boss couldn't afford to give his employees a dollar raise? I would be looking for another job.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SorrowSong

It's not a raise. It's a bonus.
$100 for a short week isn't bad.

Your boss couldn't afford to give his employees a dollar raise? I would be looking for another job.
I'm on salary. But thanks for doing the math.

edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join