It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Man, 99, Charged With Violating State's Coronavirus Emergency Rules

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: nerbot

Party at your house then?

Do you have an "attestation" signed, dated, timed, ticked and valid. Bring beer.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So you are all for calling people infected with something as minor as a bad cold for almost everyone akin to cold blooded murderers if they happen to have an asymptomatic case and go somewhere?

At what point then, do you lay blame at the government's feet for not testing all of us so the sick can be accurately divided from the healthy so that we don't need to be guilty until proven innocent like we are now?

Remember, this is a land of guilty until proven innocent. It's pretty easy to get yourself AIDS tested anywhere at about anytime, but I can't just go and get tested for COVID, sick or not.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

So they can go to the store 3 times a day and mingle, but an engagement party endangers the community.

If they're going to the store 3 times a day they are indeed idiots. But the law does not prohibit going to the store.

So is it about endangering the community or simply about the rigid definitions of the law as was dictated by a politician?

Your first response was about the former, this post was the latter.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Phage

My son is out playing in the yard with some other boys about his age in the neighborhood.

If I report you, maybe the government will like me better and treat me better!

I'm sure your chocolate ration will be increased from 10 grams to 8!

You get chocolate rations?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The individual has no place, no right in our society now.

Only the collective matters.

Obey.

But we'll (at least) say please before we taze you.

link   

My first response:

It was a party. A party of idiots who were violating the law and endangering the community.

They were arrested for violating the law, not for being idiots.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh ... oh, well crap. That's not chocolate. It's just what we tell ourselves it is. Ummm, it's really some other brown, erm, stuff.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So if all of them had lived on that property, would they still have been arrested for "gathering"?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Probably not. But here we have laws about the number of unrelated people who can live a house. Maybe it's different there.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

You have no constitutional right to violate the law.
Do so and accept the consequences.

The government has no right to enact policies in direct violation of the Constitution... they keep doing so and there will be consequences for them and for those who endorse those violations. Unconstitutional "laws" are themselves illegal and we're not even talking codified laws here, we're talking about edicts passed down from governors and mayors... edicts which did not go through the legitimate channels laws MUST pass through to become legitimate laws in the 50 states.

You'll lose this one, Phage. For all your genius science knowledge, the past couple of weeks have demonstrated you do not have a similar degree of knowledge about the US legal system or the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Unconstitutional "laws" are themselves illegal and we're not even talking codified laws here, we're talking about edicts passed down from governors and mayors... edicts which did not go through the legitimate channels laws MUST pass through to become legitimate laws in the 50 states.

Governors, like presidents are granted emergency powers by the laws of the land. Are they not?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You have no constitutional right to violate the law.
Do so and accept the consequences.

The law doesn't have a right to infringe on certain freedoms though.

Yes, they're called "Enumerated Rights" such as the Right of association, the Right to be secure in your home and possessions (including as a guest in another's home), the Right to congregate in observance of your religious beliefs, the Right to due process... it's not an "interpretation" of the Constitution, it's verbatim but the vapid ignorance of the Constitution is now apparently running the show via tyranny of the majority (and my God, a more vapidly dull witted majority likely has never been observed)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So do we get to blame you for all the deaths that will inevitably happen if we go into a depression from the panic?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Unconstitutional "laws" are themselves illegal and we're not even talking codified laws here, we're talking about edicts passed down from governors and mayors... edicts which did not go through the legitimate channels laws MUST pass through to become legitimate laws in the 50 states.

Governors, like presidents are granted emergency powers by the laws of the land. Are they not?

When martial law has been officially declared (which opens the door to them having to legally defend their edicts before the court system) yes, they do... Can you please show me where any state has declared Martial Law? Without it no, Governors cannot legally suspend Rights and Liberties, particularly not indefinitely as has been done and Mayors do NOT have that legal right in any fashion under any document. A mayor would have to convince the governor of their state to call for Martial Law limited to their municipality and the actions would have to come from that governor's office under advisory from said mayor(s).

This is NOT legal, Phage.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
So now that people are turning in their neighbors because this virus is so severe, .....

I'm going to insert my favorite word in bold...

So now that people are turning in their neighbors because this virus is apparently so severe,

Not crazy about snitching, never have, never will.

Having said that..please do come hang out in our ICU ward..put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

We already tried telling them they had to stay in their own yards and ignore their friends right there in front of them. It didn't work.
Disobedient lot.

The law doesn't have a right to infringe on certain freedoms though.

Good thing there is due process. Courts and stuff.

LMGDAO! You dare cite due process when it has been utterly abandoned in this entire debacle by those actually who's authority can only come from due process. You'd have made an obedient, wonderful German in the 30s, Phage. The SS would have adored you, asking "how high" every time you were ordered to jump and the first in line to kiss the authority's ass with a list of family and friends when asked to do your duty and report anyone potentially opposed to fascism.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

My first response:

It was a party. A party of idiots who were violating the law and endangering the community.

They were arrested for violating the law, not for being idiots.

I didn't say they were. My question didn't mention idiots.

It doesn't matter. That wasn't the premise here and the OP was more a question about what this is doing to us. So we can count on you calling to report your neighbors, we get it.

If they want to deny permits for public assembly that's fine, but these things were never at the discretion of the local, state, or federal government. A gathering on private property has never been in control of government agencies unless it was a permitted or licensed event. This has clearly gone far beyond whatever the original intent of EO emergency declarations. Failure for the government to adequately prepare does not justify this BS of private family gatherings on private property being illegal.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

When martial law has been officially declared (which opens the door to them having to legally defend their edicts before the court system) yes, they do

Martial law means that the Governor gives enforcement powers to the military and the use of civil courts is for the most part suspended.

Can you please show me where any state has declared Martial Law?
Not recently, no. My parents lived under martial law after the bombing of Pearl Harbor though. It's a pretty extreme measure.

This is NOT legal, Phage.
I suppose it's also illegal for the president to divert military funding to his stupid wall just because he declared an emergency then.

edit on 4/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

At what point then, do you lay blame at the government's feet for not testing all of us so the sick can be accurately divided from the healthy so that we don't need to be guilty until proven innocent like we are now?

The brilliant people in our government would rather give away 2 trillion dollars than make a declaration to test everyone. It's the most obvious course of action to avoid an economic meltdown. But, alas, even if the tests could be made, there will be people refusing to take it.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I suppose it's also illegal for the president to divert military funding to his stupid wall just because he declared an emergency then.

Yup, same as the other two threads we've had this conversation in, Phage... you realize you've lost the argument so you fall back on that same strawman. We're talking about Constitutional RIGHTS... show me the Constitutional RIGHT (or section of the Constitution) violated by Trump's wall funding move, please.

You say Martial Law is a "pretty extreme measure" and you're goddamned right it is, THAT's THE POINT! The suspension of Rights and Liberties in the USA is SUPPOSED TO ONLY HAPPEN UNDER EXTREME MEASURES!!!! It was never intended to be something that could happen because of the tyranny of the majority, especially on a local basis, and if it was then places like Birmingham would have retained their governor's edicts to force segregation and states like Arizona would have been permitted by the SCOTUS to continue to enforce federal immigration law under emergency declaration from their governor.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join