It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secrets of Skinwalker Ranch" new series on History.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
I respectfully disagree...

Yet, that's not appears to be happening...
I don't get how you can say "Yet, that's not appears to be happening" and call that a disagreement, because that's what I'm saying, so it seems like you agree with me. It's not happening now with the current owner, and it didn't happen before when Bigelow owned the property:

Inside Robert Bigelow's Decades-Long Obsession With UFOs

As my sister and I journeyed down I-70, the book’s authors—George Knapp, a journalist, and Colm Kelleher, former deputy administrator of Bigelow’s institute—presented the paranormal tales almost as matters of fact. Kelleher has a PhD in biochemistry, but his mindset was often anti-scientific. He took coincidences as meaningful; he aw-shucksed every time an “anomalous phenomenon” mysteriously evaded the cameras. The supposed point of Bigelow’s National Institute for Discovery Science was to get away from that kind of softness.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I do wonder if Bigelow retained a small controlling % interest in the ranch OR if there were any clauses in the contract to purchase the place like; he would have to be consulted in regards to any resale of the land in the future?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

Inside Robert Bigelow's Decades-Long Obsession With UFOs

As my sister and I journeyed down I-70, the book’s authors—George Knapp, a journalist, and Colm Kelleher, former deputy administrator of Bigelow’s institute—presented the paranormal tales almost as matters of fact. Kelleher has a PhD in biochemistry, but his mindset was often anti-scientific. He took coincidences as meaningful; he aw-shucksed every time an “anomalous phenomenon” mysteriously evaded the cameras. The supposed point of Bigelow’s National Institute for Discovery Science was to get away from that kind of softness.

If you remember your Jacques vallee, coincidences could point to a deeper meaning.

With that said, I’m going to hang in here with this show for a bit, but 90% of it seemed irksome for most of the reasons mentioned above.
edit on 4/3/2020 by homeskillet because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Don't dig on the ranch or for real information on the ranch....

Funny isn't it how a year after Bigelow bought the ranch the Deseret News reported;

No UFOs or ETs have dropped in at spooky ranch

Research scientists who took control of a Uintah County ranch last fall will remain on the property even though they haven't seen the UFOs and other phenomena they were expecting.

A spokesman for the Las Vegas-based National Institute of Discovery Science said the researchers have yet to see the flying craft, cattle mutilations and dog-killing "balls of light" that Terry and Gwen Sherman said they experienced while they owned the 480-acre property near Randlett."There have been some minor observations, but nothing you would stand behind," said John Alexander, the institute's director for scientific liaison, who would not elaborate. "Those of us who are familiar with phenomenology know that they tend to be very fragile. It's like a watched pot."

Robert Bigelow, a Las Vegas real estate magnate who founded the institute, bought the ranch last September, three months after the Shermans first told their bizarre story publicly in the Deseret News.

The Shermans reported seeing several types of UFOs, some of which emerged from circular "doorways" that seemed to appear in midair. Three of their cattle were found dead and partially mutilated, and at least seven other cattle "disappeared" from the ranch....

Alexander, former director of nonlethal weapons testing at New Mexico's Los Alamos National Laboratories[hmmm], said nothing like that has been observed since at least two scientists and a veterinarian set up an observation post on the ranch.

"Definitely no craft. No, we haven't had any dog-zappers. . . . Nobody has landed," Alexander said. "There has not been anything of significance. . . . We don't have anything to work with."

....Chris O'Brien, Illinois investigator Gary Hart and others continue to be frustrated that Bigelow and the National Institute of Discovery Science staff have not released details of their research on the ranch. Alexander said any findings the institute decides to release would be posted on its web page....

....Uintah County Sheriff's Sgt. Steve Hatzidakis said no one has reported UFOs, unusual animal deaths or any other strange activity since Bigelow bought the ranch. He said two cattle mutilations on a neighboring ranch were reported last summer.

Sherman signed a nondisclosure agreement with Bigelow after selling the ranch and has declined subsequent interviews with the Deseret News. Sherman, however, gave new information to Colorado writer and cattle mutilation researcher David Perkins for a story in this month's "Spirit" magazine.

According to Perkins' article, the Shermans had a bizarre experience the last night they spent on the ranch: They woke up to find their bed sheets "covered" with blood and one-eighth inch deep "scoop marks" on their right thumbs.

Deseret News April 27, 1997

Anyone find any genuine stories about strange things going on at the ranch before the Shermans arrived yet?

Nope thought not.

Do the Shermans even really exist?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
At least the new guy is smart enough to realize since nothing is here then why not make another History channel boondoggle show and make some kind of profit out of this mess.

Of all the supposed supernatural places SKR is the one with the least real events.

It's as if the people who believe in this are brainwashed to believe.

THERE'S NOTHING THERE! READ MM'S POST!

Or if it is it HASN’T SHOWN UP.

Can’t people see that?

Apparently not, they don’t see that all the hype is just that--hype.

Hey…I love a spooky story as much as the next guy but this dog don’t hunt.

And I don’t mean wolf-dog!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
If they found anything significant, we'd have heard about it already.

Boooooo!

Stop contaminating the discussion with common sense, you hoodlum!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
So WHAT'S IN THE BOX?????

A native American skull

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Did you guys know that David Pauladies was asked what he thought was the cause of all the missing 411 stuff?

He basically said he thought it could be the same entity thats behind the Skin Walker Ranch

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Interdimensional bigfeet?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
Did you guys know that David Pauladies was asked what he thought was the cause of all the missing 411 stuff?

He basically said he thought it could be the same entity thats behind the Skin Walker Ranch

Ever asked Dave Paulides for an autograph?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
So WHAT'S IN THE BOX?????

This. This is what's in the box.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Perhaps we miscommunicated.... I agree that real scientific research does not appear to be happening on Skinwalker Ranch, despite the show's claims to want to talk this approach.

Instead, what I was saying that appeared to be a disagreement between our perspectives was that I interpreted your comment to mean that paranormal research of any type is not or can't be truly scientific. I was saying that you CAN, in fact, research a nebulous topic like the paranormal and approach it in a truly scientific fashion...

My apologies for the confusion! If I misunderstood you, I apologize....

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

It's a metal circle in the box? Looks like a kitchen scale a weed dealer would use to measure out weed.
This does in fact explain everything about what is being seen at the ranch! /sarcasm

I want to add to those saying Bigelow and the last ranch owner made up the whole skinwalker story, I was raised in Utah. When I was younger, I had some native american friends swear that skinwalkers were real and they had seen them. This was before I ever heard about the ranch, which was like 20 years later. We had been talking about chupacabra sightings, and they corrected me to say it was actually skinwalkers that were draining the blood of cows. They spent a lot of time talking about them, and talked in a matter of fact about them. They were Navajo if anyone is curious.
Anyways, say what you want about the "skinwalker" ranch. But the skinwalkers and the weird # associated with them was not made up at that ranch, and the stories are easily over a 100 years old, I mean I first heard about them 30 years ago.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Is it a silver version of what Joseph Smith found ?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: spleenika

Anyways, say what you want about the "skinwalker" ranch. But the skinwalkers and the weird # associated with them was not made up at that ranch, and the stories are easily over a 100 years old, I mean I first heard about them 30 years ago.

These legends are all anecdotal and non-specific though. Every culture has these folklore stories and Skinwalker Ranch doesn't particularly have a "rich" history of them like Paranormal Entertainment personalities tell us. It isn't any more special than anywhere else when you try to get specific examples. All I've ever found is a UFO story (not particularly good one) from around 15 miles away in the 70s. Hardly a rich history.

I know people interested in this stuff desperately want some real proof. But third party anecdotal stories, while entertaining, are proof of nothing.

Bigelow has been surrounded by a bunch of spooks since the early 90s and chooses them every time he's involved in these studies. That should ring alarm bells for believers and sceptics. People who skim the surface of the paranormal never seem to entertain the idea that Bigelow is an asset of the US Military Industrial Complex and not the man his public profile appears to be. Rather than a pioneer of the paranormal he seems to be more of a shady Howard Hughes type character .

But people don't want to look into that side of things when they want paranormal things to be true.

Why did he have the FAA divert UFO reports to him in the 2000s?
Why did he contract MUFON into the BAASS studies and insisit on real time access to their databases?
Why does he need a patent for a 'stealth satellite filed in 2004?
Why did Bigelow need to have his guards at the ranch undergo MRI scans and submit urine tests?

More importantly why does he never tell anyone why he did any of the above and no one ever asks?

Do these seem to be the actions of a philanthropist ploughing his money into paranormal matters or something more?Just read some of the reviews from BAASS employees..

There's something more about that ranch and whatever it is Bigelow was involved with it all for 20 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

One thing I'm sure of Navajo don't lie to each other about
the supernatural.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The show is really odd. They bring in the Travis (physicist the smart guy) and he's in a meeting room in Vegas and he's like all surprised why he is there. You get the feeling it's like an interview but you really know it's not. They treat him like a knob the whole show. It's so terribly setup. The security guy is a tool. They show teaser of what I suspect is last episode of the season to open show and it looks like the best we are going to waste our time watching to get to is a dead cow.

So far a really dumb show full of posers.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

One thing I'm sure of Navajo don't lie to each other about
the supernatural.

I would say in my experience most of us outsiders view skinwalkers as a Navajo version of the boogeyman or la llorona. The Navajo generally treat it as very much a real thing.
Which, of course, does not mean it is a real thing, but they definitely see it that way. It's not just a Navajo boogeyman in children's stories.
It's more in common with a strong religious belief than a fairytale (for the Navajo). Again, none of that means it's definitely real, anymore than angels and demons are necessarily real simply because many religious believe that. But it's not just a construct like the boogeyman or the easter bunny. It's something they treat as reality.

I'm curious about the show, but I don't know if I'll watch again. They somehow made it even more contrived than Oak Island.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I didn't like the way the producers follow the model of
oak island. That show became tiresome very quick. But the ranch
has some very weird things going on that suggest a high intelligence.
All paranormal occurrences happen under the same now see me now you
don't mind f&^%. As if one trickster personality rules over all. I read the
book and will continue watching. It's all about the mind f$#^ if you
ask me. The devil is a trickster. But they will never find the proof they
are looking for. For the very reason they are are looking for it.
edit on 4-4-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
One thing I'm sure of Navajo don't lie to each other about the supernatural.

I also find that First Nations in general don't necessarily give it all up to the white guy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join