It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secrets of Skinwalker Ranch" new series on History.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Spacespider

Plenty of substance, but the Actual facts Usually get turned into ghost stories.

I've been talking with the new owner, Brandon, fairly frequently.
There will be some pretty interesting analysis coming to light.

Please make a video or picture of these "facts"
Until then, it is still kids stories.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I will see them the same time you do, on the show.

I wouldn't feel comfortable asking him for series spoilers.
Especially if those got out before the release of the episode.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So Monday night on Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis his whole show was about the Skin walker ranch. Back in 1995 he was one of the first to actually talk about it as he ran his show in Utah very near the site, so he had a ton of historical information to share along with guests that were there back in the early 90s too investigating it at the start.

Be good to listen to him and guest and compare to the history channel.

edit on 1-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So Monday night on Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis his whole show was about the Skin walker ranch. Back in 1995 he was one of the first to actually talk about it as he ran his show in Utah very near the site, so he had a ton of historical information to share along with guests that were there back in the early 90s too investigating it at the start.

Be good to listen to him and guest and compare to the history channel.

...and Lewis brings in John B. Alexander. Friend of ATS, and associated with the Aviary, if I recall?.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So WHAT'S IN THE BOX?????

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i cant wait to watch it . If you like to read, the book Hunt for the Skinwalker by Kelleher is awesome read a reply to: data5091

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

...and Lewis brings in John B. Alexander. Friend of ATS, and associated with the Aviary, if I recall?.

He had a female at first, I stopped after about 2 hours but I'm going to finish with the pod cast.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

hopefully we find that out in episode 2!!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

I do!! Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The good thing is if it is anything like Oak Island, you can fast forward through it in about 5-10 minutes and see everything interesting you might want to see. It's the only reason I enjoy Oak Island.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Have there ever been any evidence that suggest there is something to this "skinwalker ranch"
Or is just a bunch of ghost stories to scare the children.

As far as I know, just Skeptic Overlord telling us how awesome his trip was and how incredible the media coming would be, if I remember correctly.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

I watched it and liked it.

It is definitely copying that Oak Island vibe but if it works, right?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
When you haven't got much but a myth to preserve then you make a history/discovery channel documentary. Hunting Hitler, Finding Bigfoot...they never find anything. Otherwise you'd see it in the mainstream media. Everything is carefully scripted for those who watch, digest and accept. With a morsel to keep you watching after every break and something to keep you ready for next week's episode. Entertainment is all it is.

Nothing happened on that ranch before the Shermans arrived that is any more extraordinary than any other place on the globe. If it did then go find the specific stories of this rich folklore from this ranch. The 100 or so years of stories...that simply never existed....

Bigelow even got annoyed when he was told the previous owners before the Shermans,the Myers who had owned the ranch for the best part of a century,experienced no paranormal activity whatsoever.

Above excerpt from Elaine Douglass UFO files

If you you want to be entertained then by all means get the popcorn out and watch the show. But they'll still be running around that ranch in another decade telling the same old stories with no definitive answers. Skinwalker Ranch is an entertainment franchise. They even registered it as such.

But if you want to believe in the hype then ignore the above, don't do your own research and let the History Channel entertain you.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
So, a hotshot physicist, you’ve seen him on Ancient Aliens, comes to the ranch to check it out.

Hears the magic wolf tale and sees a dead cow and some excess radiation and gets a little excited and wants to dig.

The head of security says no way are you digging…on Skinwalker ranch buddy!

I'll stop it at that. It got a little interesting in the end and left the watcher waiting for the next episode.

Its a manipulated show in the vein of Curse of Oak Island. In fact, this physicist was on Oak Island.

You raise a point here WillTell - this is a pattern we have seen over the decades if you dig into what people have stated about the place over the years.

"Don't disturb the land"

I wonder why that is...?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Show is pretty much what I expected, a scripted show with a 'plot' and fake drama interjected, just like History's Oak Island.

The security guy "Dragon' is the worst actor of the bunch, with his scowls and "No digging" stance. Thomas Winterton's claim that he got a 'goose egg' of sorts several days after digging doesn't mean 'the spirits got angry and punished him'. Kind of stretch to assume it's related, that would be like me getting a big zit on my nose, and blaming it on being rejected for a date by a girl several days earlier.

And of course, the whole setup/scripted scene when Brandon tells the head investigator to bring out
the case' with much drama to show why digging is bad. Of course they want us to tune in next week to see what's in the box. Brad Pitt asked this question n the movie "Seven" and did not like what was in the box

I'm betting the entire season is scripted in advance like a soap opera. Why can't they cut the bull**** and be a documentary instead of a para-drama?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
Why can't they cut the bull**** and be a documentary instead of a para-drama?
Because there's not anything to "document" but "stories"? You need to have something worth documenting to make a documentary.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

originally posted by: Willtell
So, a hotshot physicist, you’ve seen him on Ancient Aliens, comes to the ranch to check it out.

Hears the magic wolf tale and sees a dead cow and some excess radiation and gets a little excited and wants to dig.

The head of security says no way are you digging…on Skinwalker ranch buddy!

I'll stop it at that. It got a little interesting in the end and left the watcher waiting for the next episode.

Its a manipulated show in the vein of Curse of Oak Island. In fact, this physicist was on Oak Island.

You raise a point here WillTell - this is a pattern we have seen over the decades if you dig into what people have stated about the place over the years.

"Don't disturb the land"

I wonder why that is...?

Good question Pigs. I don’t know but they do say it all started over one NA tribe cursing another.

Maybe it was over some land issue.

In the show, one of the guys working for the new owner claims to have gone and dug and shortly afterward he got some kind of growth coming out of the back of his head that landed him in the hospital. It went down but according to the show they never found out what it was.

edit on 2-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

...a scripted show with a 'plot' and fake drama interjected, just like History's Oak Island.

Oak Island takes a weeks worth of filming, and edits it down to an hour, but the show is incidental to the search. The Laginas would still be doing it without Prometheus Productions, but at less of a budget. I know this from talking to a couple of members of the team. Still hate the HC format, though, and it is discouraging me from watching Skinwalkers.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I like to try and think about it in scientific terms; When the land is disturbed there is an "increase" in what people see.

If you had a "haunted house" and you claimed that only one room was haunted, there would be nothing stopping you creating a hidden Faraday cage within the walls of that room. I'd take a hardcore skeptic in that room and push the dial upto maximum and get them to describe what they see/experience. Different people may experience different thinhs depending on how their brain interacts with the effect of the cage; they would see different things.

I wonder if you could build and bury an emf array that could have the same effects...an inverted Faraday cage of sorts...

Just thinking outloud...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Why can't they cut the bull**** and be a documentary instead of a para-drama?
Because there's not anything to "document" but "stories"? You need to have something worth documenting to make a documentary.

I respectfully disagree... Almost 15 years ago, I created a research organization dedicated to studying various paranormal phenomena. NOT the type of entertainment you see on television, but REAL, SCIENTIFIC STUDY of phenomena. That's why I got initially excited that Mr. Taylor was going to follow the scientific method. He had so much potential to do a REAL study based around REAL theories and see what you find....not what you WANT the data to tell you (i.e. pseudoscience) but what it legitimately says about the theories you are proposing.

Yet, that's not appears to be happening...

There's many things he could be doing to validate or invalidate various theories about what appears to be happening at Skinwalker Ranch that could be repeatable, hard, data driven science and not just relating "stories"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join