It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oak Island History Channel Series

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have been watching this historical hunt
for several years now. In fact, the Tuesday
night episodes really help the Winter weeks
fly by for us, especially with the "Project Blue Book"
double feature. That said, I would like to point
out one of their assumptions regarding the swamp
(S7E19). In that episode, it was suggested that the
circle of stones "Eye" of the swamp was a clay mine.
If that were so, why would it be full to the top
of clay?

Clay is dense, and mud/silt would accumulate
on top of ancient clay mine activity over centuries.
A "Clay Mine" would not be filled to the top with clay.
Secondly, Mercury was found.
Mercury is used in Gold production, and the atmospheric
sealing of objects. In other words, I believe it is possible
that the clay in the Swamp Circle of Stones was a seal
to plug/protect what was underneath.

Lastly, as a personal, I cannot stand the Drama Narrator.
For instance: "A rock!, down by the cove?
With Seagull footprints on it?"
The over drama by the narrator/and percussive section
of the music soundtrack really diminishes the whole endeavor
in a petty and commercialized manner.

Stay Alive and Kicking!
I mean it!

edit on 31-3-2020 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 31-3-2020 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

My frustration with the show is that it moves so slowly.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Could it be...….

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Over 200 years now.
The History Channel
Series is less than 5
percent of the time
overall invested in
this mystery.

Patience is a virtue.
Especially for the
Devil in the Pit that
was never meant to be
unleashed.
Maybe it is best that way.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Young Lady,
some things are too dangerous
in the hands of men.
Even more dangerous in the
hands of one wicked individual.

Surely you are aware of that now?
How is the world currently experiencing
the hands of a few playing God in a
Laboratory?

I guess humanity needs to add Frankenstein
to the required reading of our Educational
Curriculum again. Mary Shelley, A Modern Day Prometheus.
I hope it is not too late.
edit on 1-4-2020 by Wildmanimal because: add content

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   

The Narrator ruins the show.

Rick or Marty will say.. " I just used the bathroom, we need more toilet paper"

The Narrator will chime in 2 seconds later.. " Toilet paper?? did the team just take a crap and realize they didn't have enough toilet paper?.. legend say's that 7 people must not be allowed to properly wipe their...

Fun show but, the narrator ruins it

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker
HooHaa! Good One!
I hope you will chuck your Sabre
at that useless mouthpiece and
chase him back to the Chariots
of the Gods program.

Cool that we agree.
Perfect Strangers and all.

edit on 1-4-2020 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 1-4-2020 by Wildmanimal because: Add line

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Sometimes I think to see the disappointment in this young guys face..alex I believe...when his enherritance is wasted into a money pit. I mean..how can he be wrong. These brothers must have spent at least a million dollars by now trying to get t the bottom of this treasure mystery.

Was there not a colored man having sudden wealth somewhere in the 18th century.? If there was a treasure it was this man who found it and there nothing left to find. And who says there is treasure anyways..? Maybe these find are nothing more than remains f an early ancient habitation.

Really ..I watched a few episodes and find it such a waste of time and money what these guys do.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
When I was a kid ,My grandfather used to talk about oak island and it’s treasures . But he used to say oak island was a smoke screen and the real treasure was on an adjacent island named Birch island . He also used to say there were things there that should not be found. I never paid too much attention as he was older and I was younger ..... however , fast forward 40 years later , ....Last year I was watching another tv show , it might have been destination unknown with josh gates?? I don’t rembeer exactly which show and have searched for it again , but have not found the exact episode .what ever show it was , the theme was about treasure hunting and In a really brief blip they interviewed David Blankenship ....which I was surprised to see him on this other show and he said they had found a body in a tomb , in a tunnel , under the water .And, the tunnel lead under the water to an adjacent island . The body in the tomb was thought to be King Arthur ....I was floored!! I had to the rewind it to make sure I heard him correctly . But I haven’t seen or heard anything else about it . did anyone else see this ?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

The Brothers have chosen wisely.
They are being paid to continue.
They have made far more than
they could have imagined.
Why, because it was a quest of Faith.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
In one of the episodes in an old season they had a lady on who produced a gold cross. Said the two kids who originally digging under the tree found 2 chests with treasure and each family kept one and this cross was the last piece that was never sold off.

So basically everything done and money spent since then has been just a waste of time and cash but even hearing this the brothers are still digging two years later. I imagine though by now the series has covered the cost the brothers have spent and then some.

I think everything is just stories to get investors to spend cash to keep looking. Like the older Blankenship saying he saw a body and chest at the bottom of 10x, which the brothers have now shown to be nothing after a diver got down there and proved it

Just the old guy saying anything to get people to spend spend to follow his dream, what a waste of money and lives since then

Though, yes , I read the same readers digest like the brother did and believed in it all as well. Lol

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
That narrator guy must be pretty clueless to be surprised by virtually everything that happens.

Your theory on the clay "mine" is pretty good and I would think that they may have already thought of what you proposed. Consider that we have clay surrounded by rocks as if someone put the clay IN there as opposed to pulling it out. Perhaps the sone surface in the swamp was used to bring materials IN rather than taken out.

The mind reels at how the narrator would approach that line of thought.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

We have another vote!
That insidiously dramatic
narrator must be given
working papers to another
program.

Thank you kindly for Your
great reply.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tayton

Just a little further.
Just another go.

It is the gamblers psychosis,
and a leap of Faith.

All in one.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
They milk it to death.

They show you something. Tell you about it. Show it again. Go to commercial. Tell you they're coming back from commercial to show you. Show another commercial. Then tell you what they already told you, and finally show you again the same old clip. Over and over.

Milked.

To.

Death.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

So, full disclosure, my parents live within a stones throw of Oak Island. They're no experts, but one general eye roll theory about the "treasure" is that Robert Dunfield actually found quite a few artifacts and some gold when he bulldozed the island. Rumours say he sold it to a man in Halifax named Bill Mont, and they made a deal to "clean" the treasure and disperse it so they wouldn't get a slap down from the Nova Scotia government. The Blankenships are said to know this, but made a deal with Dunfield to get the rest of the treasure, but it was so far bulldozed that they knew it would be a challenge.

When the Michigan Group bought most of what David Tobias owned on the island, and most of his shares in the "treasure trove", David knew it was a slim to none chance that anything else would be found, but made mention to a few people in Western Shore that he had had talks previously with National Geographic to make a documentary....time goes on and now you have an endless "reality" show, complete with spin offs that's probably worth more than any treasure that was there.

I personally believe this to be at least somewhat true.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It really doesn’t matter if they find treasure or not because the Laginas brothers have successfully made Oak Island into an archeological dig at the expense of history channel.
The first seasons you can see that Marty, the brother with the money, was uptight about the money and how it should be spent. As the show gained a following throughout the years I’ve noticed Marty doesn’t seem to care anymore about the money spent , I’m assuming that’s because the show is now paying for itself.
They have proven that a large endeavor took place sometime mid 1700’s when there is no historical mention of it. There is little doubt that someone went through great lengths and manpower to transform the island into whatever it Is hiding. Even if there is no treasure, they have proven that the island hides a strange past, and is worth looking into if only to figure out who did what.

As for the narrator, many may recognize the voice from Ancient Aliens since they are both Prometheus productions. He also annoys me with his “could it be” b.s.
edit on 1-4-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Could it be...….

Literally logged in star that...

My mom watches that feces festival they call a television show..

The Worst from Hoax Island....

Every time walk through and see it on, I say:

"Could it be?"

"And if so..."

"Might it be possible?"

Lmao,
It's actually worse than the other fiasco starring dude with hair....

Sorry wildmanimal,

Didn't mean to defecate in your thread..we still good I hope..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I’ve been watching for the past 4 years. And I love it. And it seems they are making some progress. But the narration is funny. Same guy that does ancient aliens.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

That insults our intelligence.
It is rude and obnoxious as well.
'Tis a shame.

to your nice seasonal avatar
and you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join