It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return to the world of Dostoevsky. Hungarian letter about Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It seems to me that the Russian people are now exactly what my grandfather described to me, who fought against them in the First World War and was captured. For a long time I did not pick up the works of Dostoevsky, today I took his book “Demons” from the shelf, I open and for one listen to the news on the radio. The first news that Putin announced is that Russia is helping Italy fight the epidemic with military doctors, nurses, equipment, and vehicles.

Yes, Russians. Russian language. Today, the Western vassal press makes me hate Russia, turning Russians into monsters.

This is a great culture of touching, exalted (again Dostoevsky, Prince Myshkin!) People of extraordinary human kindness and purity. The Russians, about whom Solzhenitsyn wrote, that the time has come to distinguish between “Russians” and “Soviet” because the Soviet army and Soviet politics was one event, and the Russian soul and the Russian world, is something else, however, they are both present in Russian to the people among whom I spent so many unforgettable weeks in 2016, and many of them are my wonderful friends.
Yes, Russians. Neither Brussels, nor the EU, nor the pompous and spoiled, selfish and stupid Western world. The Russians, who presented the world with Tolstoy and Bulgakov, Solzhenitsyn and Pasternak, Pushkin and Dostoevsky and were not ashamed to ask us to apologize for their mistakes committed against us. From us, who remained after our mistakes and national tragedies, cut into pieces by a small nation in Central Europe.

In November 1992, the first person stood in the Hungarian parliament, their president, apologized to the Hungarians for the shed blood of 1956 and for four and a half decades of Soviet worship. I don’t remember that the Turks, Austrians or Germans who shed much more Hungarian blood during their reign in Hungary would ever do something similar. Not to mention the fact that sometime, somewhere, at least one Hungarian apologized for the Russian blood shed during the time of the invasion of the Hungarian army in Russian lands, for Voronezh and other cities?

Russian people today are exactly as our grandfathers described them. Brilliant Russian literature, their enormous culture radiates, proclaims and conveys a lot about them. This is the same old, traditional, real Russian image. As Dostoevsky wrote about this, and with the same admiration, Solzhenitsyn recalled: “as soon as the European sees that we value our nation, ourselves, he will respect us too ... we will cast aside our present face, we will be free beings, not slaves or lackeys ... It also turns out that the true social idea is not represented by other nations, but by the Russian people. His whole spirit is permeated with the vital need for the unification of human values ​​... and true freedom is revealed: mutual love, which must be ensured by action, living examples ... and not the guillotine, not millions of severed heads. "

I continue to listen to the news, read Fedor Mikhailovich, one of the metro stations in Moscow (Dostoevskaya) bears his name. I read and listen, be in a better mood, despite the quarantine and horrors of the epidemic, crying, and gnashing of teeth. Because it is so nice to know that now there is only loving Russia, and that Dostoevsky and Solzhenitsyn, like many others, were right, and my grandfather was right: the Russian people are now exactly the way he described me.

Laszlo Domonkos, Hungarian writer

A source

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

F.M. Dostoevsky. Demons. Part three. Chapter seven

“Now read me another place ... about pigs,” he said suddenly.
- Why? - terribly frightened Sofya Matveevna.
- About the pigs ... it's right there ... ces cochons ... I remember the demons entered the pigs and everyone drowned. Read to me without fail; I’ll tell you why. I want to recall literally. I need literally.
Sofya Matveevna knew the gospel well and immediately found from Luke the very place that I had set as an epigraph to my chronicle. I will bring him here again:
“Immediately a large herd of pigs grazed on the mountain, and demons asked Him to let them enter them. He let them. Demons that came out of man entered pigs; and the flock rushed from the steepness into the lake and drowned. The shepherds, seeing what happened, ran and told in the city and in the villages. And they went out to see what had happened and, having come to Jesus, found a man from whom demons had come out, sitting at the feet of Jesus, dressed and in his right mind, and were horrified. Those who saw it told them how the raving one was healed. ”
“My friend,” said Stepan Trofimovich in great excitement, “savez-vous, this wonderful and ... extraordinary place has been my whole life a stumbling block ... dans ce livre ... so I mentioned this place from childhood.” Now one thought came to me; une comparaison. Now terribly a lot of thoughts come to me: you see, this is exactly like our Russia. These demons coming out of a sick person and entering pigs are all ulcers, all miasmas, all impurity, all demons and all demons, accumulated in our great and gracious patient, in our Russia, over the centuries, over the centuries! Oui, cette Russie, que j'aimais toujours. But a great thought and a great will overshadow it from above, like that crazy demon, and all these demons, all impurity, all this filth, rotten on the surface, will come out ... and they themselves will be asked to enter the pigs. Yes, and entered already, maybe! It’s us, we, and those, and Petrusha ... et les autres avec lui, and maybe I’m the first, headed, and we will rush, crazy and furious, from the cliff into the sea and we’ll drown, and we are dear there, because we only have enough for that. But the patient will be healed and "sit down at the feet of Jesus" ... and they will all look with amazement ... Sweetheart, vous comprendrez après, and now it excites me very much ... Vous comprendrez après ... Nous comprendrons ensemble.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yes some great philosophy and authors, Dostoevsky, Solzhenitsyn Tolstoy and Lenin, oops not Lenin
I guess the issue is Syria blocking fuel to Europe gets the Russians a bad name.

Mind you, Putin seems to be a bit of a Stalin? IN THE western media anyway

You guys ever apologise to the Poles
Had a friend from Latvia, I also hear Estonia and Lithuania are still feeling a threat from the East, seriously. I can’t really comment because I don’t know, just what I hear.

No government seems to truly reflect the nature of the people, governments serve themselves not the people these days
I have read Tolstoy, to many characters, Dostoevsky was a bit dated, more a time of faith and Solzhenitsyn, just wow. Not arguing any of their capacity and quality, just very hard and sad stories to read.

I grew up in the Cold War, take many decades for that to be forgotten, maybe after the baby boomers pass.
People are people I guess, good and bad

I think I must read “Demons” (listen on YouTube, type read)

join