It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice from a 1st Responder...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Anathros

I misspoke.

Thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated.

Now, if you cannot correct or improve on the OP, it would also be much appreciated if you restrained yourself from punishing a good deed. We have enough very real concerns to deal with.

This was what got me riled up to start with. We have very real concerns. When someone in the field starts throwing out rhetoric like:

"You cannot imagine what is expected to come worldwide...at nearly the same time..."

it should be addressed. Yeah, I probably went about it all wrong. I did not however punish any good deeds? If he's out there helping people then I salute him for it. That said, coming into ATS and making claims like the aforementioned is not a good deed. It does nothing but adds to the panic. Like you said, we have real concerns and nothing in his post addresses them. I'd like to think my replies have pointed out that fear-mongering rhetoric is just opinion regardless of the source..even if that makes me an asshole.
edit on 30-3-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Thank you for expanding and explaining your concerns. Also much appreciated. And I agree that we need to focus on the very real risks and dangers we are facing in the most practical and effective manners. We may disagree on how to do that, but we're all figuring it out as we go along, eh?

"You cannot imagine what is expected to come worldwide...at nearly the same time..."

Actually, that's probably the truest statement of all. Maybe (or maybe not) in the sense that the OP meant it, but overall, none of us can imagine what is coming. We can compare and contrast to previous similar experiences. We can speculate. We can make educated (or uneducated) guesses. We can take reasonable precautions for reasonable risks.

But none of us know the future. None of us know what unintended consequences will rear their ugly heads. None of us know what we CANNOT know.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Keep in mind the OP stated

That implies the OP knows what's expected. Let's key on this for a moment because you and I both agree that we just dont know. That is the reason I pointed to the OPs other topic.

"Aliens or Second coming? Its gotta be one of them. Please."

Within a week, the OP went from believing this whole virus was either Christ or Aliens coming back to the the rest of us having no idea what's going on. All the while getting a pat on the back for his "advice". Let that sink in for a second. Yeah, I was insensitive but for damn good reason.

edit on 30-3-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I want to focus on that because it implies that they know what's expected. Let's key on this for a moment because you and I both agree that we just dont know.

But isn't that where our own perspective or confirmation bias comes into play? I didn't take it to mean that the OP presumed to know what was coming because I understand that none of us know, because we cannot know. But I also understand that the OP is in a position to know more than me, and to be able to make informed and educated guesses based upon his/her own knowledge and experience.

By all means, where your perspective sees ambiguities or insufficient information which can be misconstrued or misunderstood, clarify or expand on the OP's points -- that is the purpose of a discussion forum. Building upon others' information and knowledge is important too, and one of the beauties of discussion forums.

That is the reason I pointed to the OPs other topic.

Maybe it's just me, but I would prefer to take OPs on their own merits (or lack thereof). For many reasons, but particularly because it's too easy to derail a thread's intended focus, and because at some point it's simply stalking and bullying an OP for their opinions. And that doesn't help anyone.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the OP's writing.

The abbreviated sentence structure conveys a degree of urgency. The elipsis, while being overdone suggests that they could say more but are leaving it to your intellect to 'fill in' further details.

The short paragraphs add weight to the information that they do contain.

It is precisely the way I would imagine a first responder, with much experience, usually rushed for time and with other priorities, would write.

Stat!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Knock it off!

If you can't post in a civil manner on topic, please move on before you find yourself Banned.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Your advice is sound mysterioustranger, at any time.

The stark warning about hospitals should be heeded. People are going to have to learn how to do without a safety net for awhile and rely upon their own capabilities, skills and supplies. It won't be easy, some people won't be able to make the adjustment. That is a given.

But this country will go on.

Personally, I have more supplies than I can give away. Have been doing just that. If your EMS agency needs any N95s, cavicide or bleach (pool cleaner, 10% Na hypochlorite vs. 6% in Clorox so needs heavily diluted) just tell me where to send it and how much you need

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I gave practical advice on all the fear-mongering around here. Take it or leave it.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Thank you Boadicea...just trying to throw a bit of advice to all...stay well, huh? Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thanks for that. Best, MS

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The fact you offer is enough. Take care of your own, ignore no symptoms....hope for the best but expect the worse.....

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think this is great advice by the OP...WE NEED TO TAKE IT WHEREVER WE CAN FIND IT....I read about a 100 year old woman who survived the Spanish Flu...so did her Family...her Town didn't do so good....her Mom gave everyone 1/2 tsp of baking soda before Breakfast.....her Father ended up planting Sweet Potatos that ultimately fed people and saved lives...…...in addition to taking the odd dose of alcohol based MJ spray sublingually along with regular doses of Mj oil and or Oregano Oil and of VitaminD liquid form and regular tastes of turmeric/pepper on my meals I recently began taking 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in the morning to fine effects I might add....I also decided to for the first time ever cut one of my Sweet Potatos I was making for supper in 1/2 and I sprouted that 1/2 in a bowl of water soon I will be planting new shoots.In case I need variety I keep a bottle of Wormwood Bitters on hand beside a big bottle of Italian liquor made of green black walnuts.

I HAVE OVER-STOCKED ALL OF THESE NATURAL FOOD BASED REMEDIES....just as the OP HAS ADVISED.

To each their own I guess....here is some unsolicited advice about important things you need to stock up on in terms of food based remedies.. from someone who is not a doctor and has zero qualifications but still wants to help out with some off-beat humor....I CHOOSE TO TREAT THE BELLY AND THE BLOOD SIMULTANEOUSLY AND WITH PREDJUDICE....BECAUSE THIS BUG JUMPS BACK AND FORTH......any of you medical people can go get your old textbooks and look up Pleomorphic Bacteria then put on your Humble hats and listen to me tell you that a combonation of Wormwood and Green Black Walnut tincture will give you the edge you need....you need to treat the belly and the blood at the same time and check both for recurrances at the same times.....and you must be aware that the next stop for this little monster is a fungal form and we all know what that means right?The fraudulent weaponised word cancer...….so by using these methods we are 2/3 of the way to eradicating the causality of the C word......we have manifested an anti-bacterial and an anti-viral support by actually killing the parasitic connections or the superhighway this bug uses to wreak havoc in us....our auto-immune systems do the curing....we just kill the parasites that are making it possible for the bacteria and viruses to inhabit and abuse us.You beat this bug logistically...you have to first slow it down and then get ahead of it and be waiting to sandbag the little beast as it walks in the door.The "weaponised" part of this equation is that it Wu-Flu triggers an already insitu pleomorphic bacteria into morphing and hyper-reproducing in 2 major body zones AT THE SAME TIME the belly and the blood.....this is not normal....normally this insitu (90% population saturation )pleomorphic bacteria comes in on the foodchain via parasitic hosts...….then when its triggered by specific body/chemical signatories it responds to threatening stimulus by morphing from its bacterial presentation and location into its viral presentation in suitable locations where it immediately begins to HYPER-REPRODUCE....when things get to hot/threatening in the bloodstream this little beast then morphs into its FUNGAL presentation and pulls up stakes to spread EVERYWHERE.....where it once again???...you got it HYPER-REPRODUCES....SOOOOOO...we can see that the break in SOP here is that the normal path of belly to blood has been hotwired and its activating and transmitting both bacterially and virally simultaneously...and because its PLEOMORPHIC it can survive and hide in the gut and bloodstream simultaneously and keep escaping and recurring....treatment has to reflect this reality......and....if you want to turn it off...well I better not say that I guess huh?...but its not hard to do....it needs specific ingredients as fuel and it leaves specific byproducts after combustion....track it by its byproducts and kill it by poisoning its fuel supply or what it needs most.

I agree with the OP....stock up...its not hoarding to secure a one year supply of whatever your Family needs...its hoarding when you buy bulk in times of duress to overcharge desperate under prepared people.....if you have the money buy the food now....you can always share...I already am.

Its just a bug....if it lives it dies....the trick is to get ahead of it and not be chasing it.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE OUT THERE IN THE TRENCHES WORKING SO HARD TO KEEP CIVILISATION FUNCTIONING SHOESTRING STYLE...YOU ARE HUMANITARIAN WARRIORSAND SOLDIERS AND HEROS TO ALL OF US.

I almost forgot to mention I also stocked up on extra ROSEHIPS and COCONUT OIL that I use as a liposomal carrier...because I enjoy a nice hot cup of RoseHip tea with a touch of coconut oil in it twice a day.....something about flooding the bloodstream with vitamin C that might break down into oxygen in the blood and end up killing a few unwanted bugs living there.

Those who did go to their medical textbooks from school will now recognise that the currently promoted treatments are based upon some of the natural food remedies listed here...the MOST SUCESSFUL treatments being used today right now contain the natural food based remedies listed here and anyone can grow or make them at home for next to nothing....as long as they follow the OPs advice to stock up early.
edit on 31-3-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: flayer

Oh yes, Im definitely who I am. You all wouldnt want the blood, guts, urine, feces, vomit-and-God-knows-what-else on you...so we have to do it for you.

Hard to believe, most of us love every minute. Stay well, ignore no symptoms. Best, MS
edit on 30-3-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Appreciate it, stay safe.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Stars and flags? Me? Ive never given 1 urinary catheter about any such things, caring even less.
That, my friend...was funny.

But, we've digressed from topic....appreciate your reply.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Thank you, 1st Responder, for putting yourself in harm's way to help people get the care they need. Please know that your job is very much appreciated, and the fact that put yourself out there every day for the well-being of others, is not lost on us. You stay safe, ya hear?

How nice of you. But we dont do it for thanks...or "Stars and Flags" (see above). Best to you and yours, stay well

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Any time buddy

We need you guys now more than ever

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Appreciate it, stay safe.

Thanks. Sadly, all responders, docs and nurses, fire and police...have already been exposed alot.
Its just to keep movin' and eyes on things.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

To the OP
thank you for your service
Myocardial infarction and CVA are being triaged out of the hospital?
have there been cases of this already?

Yes. Moved to field hospitals...the normal admitted patients...are secondary to the contagion of infectious disease.

PS I'm a stroke and AFIB 1st Responder w pre-existing conditions in the high risk group.

The virus isn't loading the hospitals...it's forcing our regular admitted-out-movd

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Just noodln' around here today and caught your response here to this one. Thanks...I'm getting tired of trying to help folks...sigh....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join