It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are hospitals really overrun with Covid 19 patients

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

The real question is: How long do we sit around at home waiting for the wave to come?

I agree it might, but there comes a point where the fear of a thing is worse than the thing itself.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The real question is: How long do we sit around at home waiting for the wave to come?

I agree it might, but there comes a point where the fear of a thing is worse than the thing itself.

Especially when that fear destroys everything we claim makes us better than the rest of the planet. After people come out of their bubble wrapped safe spaces (however the hell long THAT takes) they're going to look at the figurative rubble of the what they allowed to happen economically, and bitch and moan about it, a la "Who let this happen! Who's responsible for this!"

You let it happen. You won't get off light, either. I'll make damn sure you're reminded daily of who led us to that point. You wanted to burn the house down to be rid of a house spider, you get what you deserve.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
ok - the premise of this thread SEEMS to be :

because empty hospital carpark - N19COVID = giant HOAX

oh FFS - people - get a grip and look at your own claims rationaslly

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The problem is that some places will likely see that wave, but I don't think the whole nation will.

Without widespread testing though, I don't see that they have any good way to judge.

For example, I think right now, it does make good sense to start cordoning off NYC and the New Jersey area from the rest of us as much as possible and to treat it the way we're basically treating everywhere.

edit on 30-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
These are empty Parking lots because no visitors are coming and going and no deliveries are being made as usual...I drove to my local large Hospital and we aren't even hit yet and the entire huge Parking lots ere empty to but the Emergency area was policed and extremely busy.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
ok - the premise of this thread SEEMS to be :

because empty hospital carpark - N19COVID = giant HOAX

oh FFS - people - get a grip and look at your own claims rationaslly

I'm not looking at "car parks", I'm listening to my sister-in-law, my neighbor, and nurse friends in several states who aren't seeing the uptick in patients the media keeps claiming is there in their areas. According to THEM, the nurses the media is hyping up to be heartstrings superheros, they're not doing anything more heroic than normal because there aren't any more patients than normal, and certainly not severely ill ones.

The "it's business as usual, and the apocalypse seems late on arrival" is far more common than the "the world is burning, OMFG" claims from the minority of US hospitals seeing anything. Are we supposed to wait yet ANOTHER two weeks for these "bodies are stacking up everywhere" claims to not come to fruition again? At this rate, it's just crying wolf.
edit on 3/30/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

outstanding - we have a rational explaination

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The problem is that some places will likely see that wave, but I don't think the whole nation will.

Without widespread testing though, I don't see that they have any good way to judge.

For example, I think right now, it does make good sense to start cordoning off NYC and the New Jersey area from the rest of us as much as possible and to treat it the way we're basically treating everywhere.

But that's already what we're seeing, and have been for some time, though. The hot spots are established, and they're already undergoing their respective waves. How people cannot see that much right in front of them is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

not every area and hospital has the same N19COVID patient numbers

hy " area " [ county ] - has currently 48 active N19COVID cases - in roughly a 2 million population - and quasi autonomous enclave - has 1 yes one - in a 150k pop . its primary hospital - has rather ironically the only carpark i has vistied this century - thats fit for purpose

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

not every area and hospital has the same N19COVID patient numbers

hy " area " [ county ] - has currently 48 active N19COVID cases - in roughly a 2 million population - and quasi autonomous enclave - has 1 yes one - in a 150k pop . its primary hospital - has rather ironically the only carpark i has vistied this century - thats fit for purpose

No s#, Sherlock, I just implied that much. Hence HOT. SPOTS.

Edit: You seem to be operating under the delusion that lack of spikes elsewhere equals no tallied or untallied cases elsewhere. That is NOT what I was implying with reference to the people I know, I was referring to hospitalized cases.
edit on 3/30/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

One of the biggest problems I see in all the reporting, or even the commentary here on ATS, is that it really has any location context.

As we know the virus is not affecting all locations the same way at the same time. But we have, for example, people in Wyoming getting upset because they read New York is on "LOCK DOWN".

Most of the "national" news is simply the "local" news from a few areas around the country.

Hell I live in the metro area of New York and when I look out my window, or go out to work or get groceries, I do not see the blood socked jaws of death that the News Media says has blacked my region.

To be clear that is not to say this virus isn't serious; people are dieing, its serious; and the healthy amongst us should do our part to keep that number as low as possible (with out risking total economic collapse). But it is to remind everyone that news headlines are not reality and what you read on message boards are anecdotes and not necessarily indicative of the whole.

As for the conspiratorial angle "why are they leing to us and about the severity"; the question can be answered quite easily with out having to go down some rabbit whole. Even now with the blood socked jaws of death all around us there are people out and about as if life was normal, and its not a hand full of people. How much worse would the transmission be if they were more subdued in their press conferences and news reports?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I've been saying for some time that I think the densest urban areas will be the hot spots. For those of us living in urban sprawl or in rural areas, I think we will see some cases, some clusters, but that it makes more sense to ramp down the stay at home orders into something more creative.

Perhaps staggering your workforce into shifts or having them stay home every other day so only have of them are working at any time and the ones who are can be distanced. Enhanced cleaning. Do the same with school classes -- half at home like now and half every other day so the size of any class group is smaller and they can be spread better.

Keep grouping sizes smaller; enforce stay at home on vulnerable communities.

I don't know.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I've been saying for some time that I think the densest urban areas will be the hot spots. For those of us living in urban sprawl or in rural areas, I think we will see some cases, some clusters, but that it makes more sense to ramp down the stay at home orders into something more creative.

Perhaps staggering your workforce into shifts or having them stay home every other day so only have of them are working at any time and the ones who are can be distanced. Enhanced cleaning. Do the same with school classes -- half at home like now and half every other day so the size of any class group is smaller and they can be spread better.

Keep grouping sizes smaller; enforce stay at home on vulnerable communities.

I don't know.

I fully agree, that's all very reasonable unless something shows otherwise. Keep going, but on a slightly tighter leash as needed, rather than whole hog out the gate. It would have staved off a lot of turmoil.

Speaking of the schools, you know mine are homeschooled (heh, no "vacation" for my minions) We have other homeschooled kids in the neighborhood, it's pretty popular up here, but? The public and private school kids are losing their little minds over the prospect of not going back this year at all, and maybe not next year, either.

I honestly don't see their parents committing to outright homeschooling, it's a parent learning curve as it is even if you start from kindergarten like we did. Jumping in around the start of middle school years wouldn't be an easy pill to swallow for most, they're having a hard enough time just trying to comprehend digital schooling options for the time being.
It really has me wondering if these kids are going to be auto-graduated from their grades, or held back. Or if the entire public schooling system country-wide (never mind the private ones) will just fall apart and dissolve.

No real question of importance to pose to you, just wondering what you might see for the brick & mortar schools from your perspective.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Texas has been on the isolation protocol for a bit over a week, if you look at the graph from 1point3acres, you'll see that the new cases line is faltering and that a, "flattening of the curve," is notable in the cumulative cases line:

Here is New Yorks:

And the national graph:

There does seem to be an effect on the numbers due to the stay safe, stay at home behavior.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

You also have to consider that it is also entirely possible that the virus' natural peak has occurred, and the shutdowns are having a minimal impact, if any, on those newer numbers.

With the lack of organized comprehensive testing, such as the alternative of sending people home or not based on blood oxygen levels and thus not testing those with good levels, as many healthcare workers on here have pointed out is going on, the official numbers are fit to be wary of as it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I can only speak for my hospital. All ancillary or elective procedures are cancelled for now. But we have 4 units of 12 beds each that are pretty much packed with all covid 19 patients or candidates, and those floors are all closed off for any other patients. The overall patient load is lower at the moment, but the work load is higher due to constant changing and such between each patient. I expect it to get much worse over this week and next as the exponential growth goes from 140k to the millions mark. If things keep progressing at the same rate, as they may as evidenced by all the people seen at the beaches, going to church, in the rivers etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Whats wrong w you?

Advanced Disaster Life Support
EMT

*Call 911 for emergency, tell us it's just you...and we won't come. Deal?
edit on 30-3-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I guess it will all depend on how well parents handle this and how responsive they are.

For our part, we've been making sure to do every single detail they send our way. Kiddo is fragmenting pretty badly under this. He has some ADD (he's active, but it's mostly inattentive -- highly distractible), so his regular routine/structure was a very important part of his day.

He's highly capable, but losing that structure has been bad for him, and until he gets it through his head that life hasn't ended because he's not going to it, rather it's coming to him here at home, we're fighting lots of emotional turmoil. But I've dealt with kids like him in several different educational settings, so it's not like I can't cope. It just hurts going through it with my own.

I do know that if they try to universally hold kids back based on this, I'll be at the school district with my pitchfork. He doesn't deserve it. At the same time, I know there are kids who aren't getting any of this done at home too because they don't have family situations where the parents are able to cope.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I also wonder how many people have had it and just don't know.

The more I read about it and what it's like, the more I think we all really did get it back in January when the Chinese came through at my husband's place of work.

The chest symptoms; on-again, off-again fever; extreme fatigue; and the cough all fit what we had. It even fits that our son who always gets massive coughs for everything certainly had *something* but it barely phased him beyond the fatigue.

And I had something in my chest because my asthma barely ever bothers me, and I've been fighting it for the last three weeks with spring allergies. So something got down in there and aggravated it.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Was in the ER last weekend
10 hours and only saw 4 other people

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join