It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wuhan Flu and Global Temperatures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So a few years ago I heard about the impact of lowered air traffic vs. national temperature over the US after 9/11

globalnews.ca...

www.politifact.com...

www.cnn.com...

It appears that we have a much larger scenario on our hands with lowered air traffic globally. Does anyone have good links to global temperature data monitoring available? It'd be interesting to see what the last few months have been like, and ongoing.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

A study postulated that there was a greater diurnal temperature range (the difference between daytime and nighttime temperatures increased) while aircraft were grounded after 911. The idea was that this was due to a reduction in the number of contrails.

That study was not well conducted. Far too many unaccounted for variables.

edit on 3/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A study postulated that there was a greater diurnal temperature range (the difference between daytime and nighttime temperatures increased) while aircraft were grounded after 911. The idea was that this was due to a reduction in contrails.

That study was not well conducted. Far too many unaccounted for variables.

Thanks. Back to my question, anyone else?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I wonder if Global temperature decreased a bit when China Manufacturing was mostly shut down due to covid-19?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well, if you look at this from a conspiracy POV, either the global temps will fall due to reduced CO2, or they'll go up because of less chem-trails. I'll take the middle ground and say there will be little or no change in global temperatures.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Apparently not.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Well, if you look at this from a conspiracy POV, either the global temps will fall due to reduced CO2,

Even if CO2 production were to stop entirely, it would take a long time for CO2 levels to decline appreciably. That's sort of the crux of the biscuit.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There have been thermal satellite models showing a significant decrease in regional pollution around the globe, which might also include a (slight) decrease in temperature, but nothing one a global scale, I wouldn't think..

Satellite images show pollution levels drop amid coronavirus isolation
edit on 29-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

which might also include a (slight) decrease in temperature,

That would more likely indicate as an increase in local temperatures. Particulates have a cooling effect.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

At the very least the Jet contrail is clouding the skies, and with a net warming effect....Clearing jets mean clearing skies so often, but at least it's sunnier at any given time, and that's the way it has been at the present since flights have been cut, mind you you couldn't roast any Chestnuts, it's pretty chilly in the wind at the moment.
The same went for the period of time when the jets were cleared from the skies after Iceland's volcanic eruptions, it was very noticeable.

edit on 29-3-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That would more likely indicate as an increase in local temperatures. Particulates have a cooling effect.

Correct.

That's why I mentioned regional (or rather local), and nothing global.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

A reduction in pollution would lead to local warming, not cooling. That's why I replied.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Well, if you look at this from a conspiracy POV, either the global temps will fall due to reduced CO2,

Even if CO2 production were to stop entirely, it would take a long time for CO2 levels to decline appreciably. That's sort of the crux of the biscuit.

Its not only the co2 that has the ability to affect temperature.
The particles in the air from all kinds of pollution create "global dimming"-so in theory,if the particles are removed by sudden lack of industry/travel,the temperature goes up.By a lot according to the theory.

I wrote a(somewhat apocalyptic)post about it on the corona virus thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

A reduction in pollution would lead to local warming, not cooling. That's why I replied.

My mistake.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The particles in the air from all kinds of pollution create "global dimming"-so in theory,if the particles are removed by sudden lack of industry/travel,the temperature goes up

I know.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Apparently not.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

That's amazing! 12 months of data for 2020 and we're only at the end of the 3rd month...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Please note: The timespan is March-February. 12 months.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Which particulates? Some help warm, some help cool.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Which particulates? Some help warm, some help cool.

No.

They all cool. Particulates reflect shortwave solar radiation before it can reach the Earth's surface. The Pinatubo eruption provides ample evidence of this.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Gotta hand it to ya Phage you're always at the ready with scientific answers.
I like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join