It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5000-Year-Old Papua New Guinea Artifacts Rewrite Neolithic History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
New Guinea Artifacts Rewrite Neolithic History

[ Scientists unearth ancient Papua New Guinea artifacts in the highlands of the island that settle a longstanding archaeological argument regarding the emergence of complex culture on the island.

About 10,000 years ago, the climate changed to better suit the planting of crops and the Neolithic revolution that brought about agriculture emerged in different parts of the world at different times. In Europe and Asia it is known that at this time cultural complexity developed as people began settling and living together on farms.

But archaeologists have now discovered buried artifacts on the island of Papua New Guinea, which suggest ancient people began farming and making tools, arts and crafts around the same time as their Eurasian contemporaries. ]

www.ancient-origins.net...

I thought these folks would be part of the Eurasian population ,what I'm I missing.
However interesting finds, Props to New Guinea, I knew New Guinea was important for some key agro produce , but how far back was unknown to me

edit on 28-3-2020 by Spider879 because: Victim of auto correct.

edit on 28-3-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

links?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE
Ok it failed. Holdon

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I do a lot of research about our origns in the millions of years. 5000 years ago was just yesterday.

Of course they were farming. Most humans on the earth were farming by then. It is only a couple of thousand years before King David and only several hundred probably before Abraham. Abraham was a nomad with cattle and it was the usual order. Egyptians were planting alongside the Nile we know from the accounts of Joseph storing the grain.

The Amazon is rife with gardens made by the Indigenous people. Studies show that the Amazon is very influenced by human planting.

www.theatlantic.com...

For more than a quarter-century, scientists and the general public have updated their view of the Americas before European contact. The plains and the Eastern forests were not a wilderness, but a patchwork of gardens, they’ve found. The continents were not vast uninhabited expanses but a bustling network of towns and cities. Indigenous people, we’ve learned, altered the ecology of the Americas as surely as the European invaders did.

For more than 8,000 years, people lived in the Amazon and farmed it to make it more productive. They favored certain trees over others, effectively creating crops that we now call the cocoa bean and the brazil nut, and they eventually domesticated them. And while many of the communities who managed these plants died in the Amerindian genocide 500 years ago, the effects of their work can still be observed in today’s Amazon rainforest. “People arrived in the Amazon at least 10,000 years ago, and they started to use the species that were there. And more than 8,000 years ago, they selected some individuals with specific phenotypes that are useful for humans,” says Carolina Levis, a scholar at Wageningen University who helped lead the study. “They really cultivated and planted these species in their home gardens, in the forests they were managing,” she said.

Sorry about the long quotes, but it is better I give it straight from the horse's mouth rather than play Chinese whispers. Enough of that going on right now already, pardon the pun.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.sciencedaily.com...

Until now, researchers believed farming was 'invented' some 12,000 years ago in an area that was home to some of the earliest known human civilizations. A new discovery offers the first evidence that trial plant cultivation began far earlier -- some 23,000 years ago.

The site bears the remains of six shelters and a particularly rich assemblage of plants. Upon retrieving and examining approximately 150,000 plant specimens, the researchers determined that early humans there had gathered over 140 species of plants. These included 13 known weeds mixed with edible cereals, such as wild emmer, wild barley, and wild oats.

I have a hunch we were doing the farming even way before that. After turning into humans it would not have took our brains too long to work it out that it could make life much easier.

The farmer has been around a very long time. Now who do you think invented farming, women or men? I bet you women worked it out first as they were the gatherers while the men were hunters going off all the time in search of game. Bet you women were the initiators of farming like many things.

edit on 28-3-2020 by Kakamega because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kakamega

I also believe in Precursor ages before our time, there could have been many 'worlds' (ages) in the history of this planet just as the Hopi (And many other's) claim and as pre-Adamites also believe.

Currently mainstream science though this has yet to be universally accepted since many long held "belief's" among the scientific (Pseudo if they whom deny belief base there theory's upon belief) that farming first appeared in the the middle east about seven to eight thousand years ago are now being challenged by new evidence proving that it appears in the archaeological record for the region about 23 to 24 thousand years ago, this is significantly earlier than long standing traditional belief that is still held by many in the anthropological and archaeological community's.
www.sciencedaily.com...

Personally I believe it goes back as long as there have been people with the power to think and reason.

For me farming existed in the old world and the new, mankind has survived at least one and probably several world shattering event's that very nearly caused our extinction and during those time's science, knowledge and farming techniques were lost with whatever form of cultures they also had before those time's being leveled from the face of the earth and the few survivors had to eat whatever they could find becoming hunter gatherers, scattered tribes and wandering nomad's until the climate stabilized again or they happened upon and had reason to settle in particularly fertile regions were they then had to learn all over again what they had forgotten.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
From the written word point of view instead of our inherited by force worldly and science standpoint.....

I's an old Earth went through alot in the Bible....a group of high tech ability.....was around 15,000 years ago I imagine. Did the pyramids way back but the other older site with the 2000,000 ton megalith. so way back is cool with the Bible. the out of place artifacts.....yes

God said he made the dinosaurs first with woven sinews.....and buried them.....turns out that's the only way their muscles would do that giant job

Amazing what is being revealed in the end...like Mr Wyatt duh just a little below a cliff that looked like a skull in Jerusalem and found the crucifix post hole with a crack in it. went into the face of the cliff and found a way below. then went to the crack from underneath.....there was the Ark. true story mister.....the crack was stained from the surface where the post hole was....kinda red. on youtube with video.....ron wyatt

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I will NOT say the Ethiopian's do not have the ark of the covenant because they have something, it may be a copy of the ark or it may be something else that came from the temple AND our lord said faith can move a mountain but I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Ron Wyatt was shown by God what Jeremiah and the priests had hidden from the Babylonian's - exactly were God had always intended it to be to receive the blood of his son,.

I also have no doubt that God would NOT allow the modern Jewish state to desecrate the ark as when several men whom were descendants of the tribe of Levi went into the cave to recover it and they would then have probably reinstated the blood sacrifice and thrown animal blood over the blood of our lord so instead as they entered the tunnel they dropped dead within a few feet and Mr Wyatt had to then go in and recover there bodies.
They then sealed the entrance with a steel sheet, concrete and back filled it with rubble, the Rock of Golgotha that split when Jesus died (as the veil in the Empty temple holy of holy's were the ark was NOT as it was beneath Christs crucifixion site) with the square roman post holes in front of and under the skull like face in the rock and notably the center post hole with it's crack that was directly above the resting place of the ark of the covenant - Grotto of Jeremiah - was then bulldozed to hide the evidence.

edit on 28-3-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kakamega
Much thanks for that very informative post, the Amazon farmers were indeed impressive, also until recently I had no idea that first nation Australians were farmers, completely overturned everything I've been told.

www.australasianscience.com.au...
Pls klik^^ here for much more

edit on 28-3-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879 Read some old books from 1700's as well as the maps with footnotes for the king,just 300 yrs ago,we had wireless elec cars trains etc,which ran off free energy,maps drawn 100 yrs later,a whole new landscape,language and a new history,5000 yrs ago who knows,someone does the select rich few

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I thought these folks would be part of the Eurasian population ,what I'm I missing. However interesting finds, Props to New Guinea, I knew New Guinea was important for some key agro produce , but how far back was unknown to me

They WERE part of the South East Asian population when they migrated onto what is now New Guinea. However that was on the order of 40,000 to 60,000 years ago when the sea level was much lower. There were land bridges and shorter open water straits to cross. There is evidence of populations on Australia already 60000 years ago when NG was connected to Australia by dry land.

By 5000 years ago it was much more difficult to cross, though clearly sea going populations were engaging in trade. But that meant that there had to be something worth trading to make it worth while, which in turns means a culture and agriculture to support a population with desirable stuff for trading.

edit on 31/3/2020 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

join