It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legendary Harlem Globetrotters player Fred 'Curly' Neal dies at 77

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Fred “Curly” Neal, one of the best-known members of the Harlem Globetrotters, died Thursday at his home outside Houston. He was 77.

Many of us are old enough to remember Curly and his antics on the court. He and Meadowlark Lemon were always my favorites and I loved watching the 2 of them as they made the other team scratch their heads in wonder.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

RIP
I remember my dad taking me to see him and the Globetrotters play the Cavs when I was a kid.
It was so great to see.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So sad to hear.

When I was in elementary school the Globetrotters did an exhibition we all went to watch at the town's high school.

They were amazing.

RIP Curly...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

RIP Curly.

Guess the elephant in the room is was his death down to Covid 19?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
He was my favorite guest star in Scooby Doo!

I once played in a game against a Curley-coached Globetrotters team. (Drained like my first five three-pointers early in the game.) We ended up losing, and I don’t think we actually would’ve won, but I think they cheated a little... There was definitely a little funny business... And I think maybe the scorekeepers and/or the refs were in on it, too...

edit on 3/26/2020 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sad news. When I was a kid I always loved it when Wide World of Sports would have them on. They were even on Scooby Doo and had their own cartoon show I remember. Great memories with the Globe Trotters growing up, Curly and Meadowlark were always my favorites.

Curly was an awesome person that brought a lot of joy to millions of kids and adults over the years. R.I.P Curly!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

One of my fondest memories from my youth. Thanks, very sad news.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Not a huge Basket Ball fan but saw them as a kid and they made the game fun and hilarious!

R.I.P. Curly!

top topics

join