It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue is the ignorance of the coronavirus and the flood of the hospitals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Indeed, that is all 100 percent the reason why the drastic measures are being taken
Everything else is irrelevant.

It may be in the end and even now that this coronavirus will be statistically just like the flu but as of now, THEY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THAT.

All you people griping about the severity of this response have to understand this.

The key to this is the medical and scientific establishment. Not the politicians or theories about the coronavirus.

THE SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL ESTABLISHMENT HAS NO IDEA OF WHAT THIS CORONAVIRUS WILL DO!

That’s the issue in totality, PLUS that the hospitals across the globe are being flooded and this is horrifying to the scientific medical establishment.

We don’t need political pundits to tell us this all you have to do is listen to the expert’s express helplessness in light of this deadly, unknown virus.

And that is the key--- THEY DON’T KNOW.

The regular flu sure may kill as many but WE DON’T FLOOD THE HOSPITALS WITH THE REGULAR FLU!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So, to sum up, It’s the unknowns of the coronavirus, the ignorance of the scientific and medical establishment plus the affected patients flooding the hospitals.

If this coronavirus didn’t flood the hospitals with very sick patients then this extreme stance could have been avoided. The lack of knowledge could have been tolerable.

Once they get a drug that works or a vaccine then things will ease up

Even if the cases of the virus come to a halt as they claim in China and Hong Kong, we’ll still be subjected to a repeating of this cycle unless there is some kind of universal immunity built up and the virus become like the common flu, but the experts say that will take a year or two. Already in Hong Kong after they eased up the cases came back.

So, do not look to the politicians but to the scientific medical establishment

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Get ready for scared people flooding the thread to lambaste you for validation.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

They just stopped testing. Thats why there are no new cases there.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The hospitals are flooded because the media sensationalism made everyone terrified of the slightest sniffle and cough. That gave the media more fuel than for the fire of sensationalism, causing the more hysteria and the feedback loop we all witnessing.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That’s just not accurate. They ask people with sniffles to stay home until it gets severe.

It's happening all over the globe so your theory won't wash. They screen out the snifflers.

And they have a simple test to look at the lungs. Medical people aren't stupid. Of course, their not genius either but they are very able and professional.

You're just peddling a dogma

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Medical people aren't stupid ... they are very able and professional.

The medical field is full of absolute idiots, which I know from personal experience. I almost died once because the doctors sent me home while I was having a major reaction to a medication they put me on after a surgery. According to them, the uncontrollable full-body muscle contractions and shakes I was having were just me shaking because I was cold. Went home, almost died when my body crashed, had to go straight back to the ER by ambulance. I had to live with a major medical condition that could have been easily fixed for several years because a bunch of other idiot doctors thought it was just "growing pains" and a different bunch of idiot doctors thought it was "psychological".
I'd trust the medical knowledge of a doctor as much as a rodeo clown.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
Not only can they be morons, they push dope when not needed. I was written several scrips for pain meds after a surgery years ago. But the pain was minor and I'm not a pill junkie . After two weeks the prescribing doctor calls me to inquire why I have not filled it. Clearly he was waiting for some commission.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It was worse in 2009 in 6 months there were FAR more hospitalized than this current “pandemic” and we survived it without collapsing the globe.

Two seasons ago was just as bad as current if not worse and we survived

Do people just listen to the news??? Or do they fact check and use their brain to investigate? Isn’t this sites motto “deny ignorance”

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I really don’t recall a single time hearing that hospitals in other countries had to make decisions on who to keep on life support and who to send out to pasture. You guys denying this, are you saying that they’re actually putting people who don’t really need to be on life support ON life support because the media made this scary?

I certainly remember the H1N1 days and don’t recall any hospitals getting filled up like they are now. I know here in Florida, like others have said, you’re turned away unless you need breathing support or you’re so violently ill that it’s obvious you need treatment. You can’t even get a test down here right now without showing advanced symptoms.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

And some doctors once killed me too. So what, they're all not stupid.

But its also the scientific establishment that's involved.

This isn't about them having stupid people amongst them. Their human beings, you'll have idiots amongst them.

I had a terrible reaction to a drug once and the doctor didn't believe me and just prescribed it back to me under a generic name and I ended up in the hospital. Sure there are dopes among them but these are the people who will, in the end, save us.

Also, I met doctors who were damn near saints. So there are idiots and great medical professionals as there is in all sectors of life

edit on 26-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Not like this where all over the globe you have this occurring.
What you say just isn't accurate.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Because as much as people are comparing the two, this isn't the flu. The people that get admitted tend to average twice as long in the hospital compared to the flu. The recovery period is also longer, averaging 2-6 weeks to fully recover. There are also reports of patients in the hospital suddenly going into ARDS and needing a ventilator. Even with ventilator support they're having a hard time getting enough oxygen into their lungs.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I tell you this is the medical AND scientific establishment who are baffled that drives this.

What you have to understand is the scientific and medical establishment is the new priesthood of the epoch.

Why do you think medical bills are so high? Its NOT the insurance companies it’s the expense in the scientific/medical industry that has a monopoly on it so we have to pay-up.

That’s the way it is until humans evolve to a state of higher capacity and won't need doctors or this mechanical medical scientific industry.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

When they get a vaccine then things may get better

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Or just be healthy and practice good hygiene.......

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It's doubtful they'll come up with one if SARS was any indication. I don't think they ever came up with an effective one for that, and this is a relative of that.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

And some doctors once killed me too.

I give this a 7 of 10.

It isn't as much of a hyperbolic exaggeration as usual, but still a good effort.
edit on 3/26/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Looking back over the last two months, the medical/epidemiologist experts advising the government have been praising China's "draconian measures," saying it "bought the world time" and "flattened the curve." But they also said if the U.S. screened early, tested early, and practiced social distancing early, we wouldn't have to resort to those draconian measures.

The federal government didn't do any of that early. So now their experts are advising the federal (and state) governments to model after the Chinese government.

Based on the U.S. response - late in screening, testing, and social distancing -- it appears their intent has been to use 'expert advce' as a means to justify taking 'draconian measures.'

I'm not sure I trust in the experts advising federal and state government.

edit on 3/26/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

How can you start a thread without presenting any facts or figuresto back up your claims?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join