It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Lockdown is a Joke

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

Well i am an adult and i do not do what i am told to do when it comes to the corrupt elite playing their games.

Can you influence the outcome in a movie when you are watching it, no you can`t.
Just like we have absolutely no power to change the narrative right now.

As an adult, i choose that i like the faster route, get everyone sick.
Want to get this over with before Christmas.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sounds like your upset people won’t bow down to you and your opinion. My opinion are stupid people like yourself are doing nothing to prevent the spread with your dumb ideas. Hey let’s screw over a small percentage of people by cutting off their jobs. Meanwhile we will let random businesses operate that have no reason to be open but are based on a technicality. Those same people seem to be the ones that are all about everyone’s safety and the lockdown except when it comes to them making ends meet and they head to work.
edit on 25-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: gortex

If people don’t get out of the house for some exercise and vitamin D — you’re going to have a much bigger problem on your hands.

Well........Where there's a will - there's a way!!

A man ran the length of a marathon all from his balcony during last week, Elisha Nochomovitz, a 32-year-old during France's coronavirus lockdown, furloughed restaurant worker, ran the length of a marathon (26.2 miles) -- on his 23-foot long balcony...

edition.cnn.com...

So no excuses!!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

British Entitlement at it's finest. It's been centuries in the making and now the general public will pay for the sins of their elite.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
We don't need lock down which is destroying our economy and has taken our UK freedom, we don't need fools screaming for lock down either, we don't need each other blaming so called panic buyers for emptying the shelves and we don't need people blaming other people for going to work and endangering the NHS. Our government don't give a flying f*** about the NHS or the general public(don't forget the Borris bus) but are using it in a military style way to divide and conquer.

The police will get the extra powers by the end of the week and you will then get to feel what true police state lock down feels like. UK police have already been caught bragging about feeling like kids in a sweet shop with the new detaining powers.

The UK government were well aware of the situation in China and Italy but did nothing, we have intelligent services that knew how things were but did nothing. I was putting measures in place to keep my staff safe back in Jan when this was big in China as I work for a Chinese company and we were aware of what was going on. The UK Gov did nothing, all flights from China and Italy were still coming into the UK with no passengers being checked, my colleague was shocked at the zero checks when he arrived back from China at the end of Feb.

Supermarkets were well aware of the panic being promoted online and the MSM but did nothing until it was to late, what they let their staff go through is shocking. When stocks became so low to the point they had no meat, milk, eggs, flour or sanitary products on their shelves they did nothing. Profits were made with a reported 1 billion extra sales made in March and at no extra cost as they refused to take on extra staff or hire extra drivers. They are a private corporation so this is to be expected, they do not care about the general public but the MSM blames the "panic buyers" and everyone then blames everyone else, people have the right to buy what they like, it is the responsibility of the supplier to make sure there are goods to supply or to ration when there is not .

No one stopped to think that all the food manufactures we have in the UK didn't close down their 24 hour production operation when shelves were empty. They use milk, eggs, flour, meat in massive quantities and put extra pressure on these industry to send them extra stock but no one is calling them panic buyers.
Then we had the joke of the NHS hour, no stock left on our shelves but we will invite all front line staff into a tight space at the same time, yeah that's smart and very responsible.

As to walking around with kids or walking the dog, what do you expect people to do and what is so wrong with it as long as they are keeping their distance from others. Should we all be cowering in our house waiting to catch the virus or out enjoying life and freedom. I saw a police car stop in the road and scream at a group of students (from the car) to get out of the park and go home, they were sat in an empty park on their own, they shouted back they were students and live in the same shared house, the police scream I don't care get out and then sped of down the road. This is the exact problem when you give police extra powers who don't have the sense on how to use.

What we do need in the UK is testing, all the data means nothing without any tests being done. If we test everyone in the UK we would have a better idea of what the spread is like and who has it or has had it. We could then send people back to work or back to school and isolated the people who are needed.

TL;DR
The UK gov don't give a # about the NHS or the general public, don't be fooled, divide and conquer with police state.
Test everyone in the UK now

edit on 25-3-2020 by Lightleader because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They should weld you all into your homes. I got this from a UK member who acknowledged it was a success in China.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The government are walking a fine line between locking down society and shutting down the economy , where they can they want to keep the wheels turning , asking people who are not required to work yet are being reimbursed 80% of their wage to stay at home to help the NHS is not an unreasonable request.

Those same people seem to be the ones that are all about everyone’s safety and the lockdown except when it comes to them making ends meet and they head to work.

I'm self employed , the self employed are yet to get a safety net.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Hecate666

I don't know why you are so full of hate when people try and find a little happiness on a sunny spring day amidst this doom and gloom.

Then I guess that makes you part of the problem.

We went out yesterday, we'll stay in now for probably a week but then I WILL have to go go outdoors, walk into town, yes, look at shelves or I'll go mental AF.
Shame that if you saw us then you'd think we are just idiots who want to ruin your idea of a lockdown. What does it feel like to be so wrong?

As I said in the OP , ME ME ME.
Only you can answer What it feels like to be so wrong because judging by your post you are part of the problem.

YOU YOU YOU!

Yeah we get it. You're judging people that you don't even know with your self righteous Bullsh!t.

I've disagreed with many of your posts but I've also agreed with an equal amount.

On this occasion though, I think you're just being a tosser.

I am not a hoarder and neither is anyone else I know.

Just because there are some selfish arseholes out there, it doesn't mean that everyone you see outside is a c*nt.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A message from the mother of the youngest known UK victim so far, Chloe Middleton died aged 21

Her mother, Diane Middleton, wrote: "Please think again.

"Speaking from a personal experience, this so-called virus has taken the life of my 21-year-old daughter."

Ms Mistry added: "My beautiful, kind-hearted 21 year old niece has passed away from Covid-19.

"She had no underlying health conditions."

She said the family was "shattered beyond belief".

"The reality of this virus is only just unfolding before our very eyes," she added. "Please, please adhere to government guidelines.

"Do your bit. Protect yourselves and protect others. The virus isn't spreading, people are spreading the virus."
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You're self employed. You can choose to stay home.

Some people don't have that choice.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Too many self centred entitled people think they're above everyone else. Needlessly and selfishly going about their day to day lives thinking about no one else but themselves, doing what they think theyre entitled to do, despite what scientists (not government) are advising them what to do. Vile humans.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm in Washington State, where there is a lockdown. I certainly hope people take it seriously. A lot of Americans around here think this is "just the flu" and that a lockdown is overboard when it is factually necessary in order to reduce the load on hospitals and save lives.

Trump wants America open by Easter, he even said he hopes he sees churches overcrowded to celebrate. So... I think that's not too smart. Maybe we will get to see evolution at work?
edit on 25pmWed, 25 Mar 2020 18:06:31 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
We're done anyway, virus or not.

When was it ever a good idea to push the global economy over a cliff?

That little wad in the bank for my old age, was it worth the sacrifice?

Should have globe-trotted like everyone else, maxed out some credit cards.

Obviously it's how they want us to live. They hate savers.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

If people don’t get out of the house for some exercise and vitamin D — you’re going to have a much bigger problem on your hands.

Well........Where there's a will - there's a way!!

A man ran the length of a marathon all from his balcony during last week, Elisha Nochomovitz, a 32-year-old during France's coronavirus lockdown, furloughed restaurant worker, ran the length of a marathon (26.2 miles) -- on his 23-foot long balcony...

edition.cnn.com...

So no excuses!!

From his balcony!?!?

So his neighbors below him are stockpiling guns, for the next time he does it....

Listen, I understand the older folks won’t have a hard time with this. Myself at 40, hard but not terribly difficult.

Younger folks and social whores, are going to have an incredibly difficult time with this. With each increasing moment....

MANY on this planet THRIVE on social interaction. Whether it be positive — or negative.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The experts the doctors researchers & the Government are dealing with these unusual times on a day to day if not hour to hour basis, as more information comes in, but for me the speed at which they are trying to get policies implemented is pretty astounding. So far I've been really quite surprised at the Tories, its almost as if labour & tory have changed places. They've actually nationalised the economy! Something that's never been done before. The Government has taken back control of the railways and is paying the private owners a small management fee, next will be the buses as they are running empty for the most part at the moment. Ireland has temporarily nationalised private hospitals for use.

For those that say this is a huge conspiracy designed to get draconian policies into play to control the public, well its a damn expensive way of doing it!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Zcustosmorum

This is true, unfortunately on the second count, the British people already let themselves down by electing such an incompetent fool as PM, and I doubt a worse person could be in charge at this moment

I think he's doing OK and without doubt a Corbyn government would have been a worse choice.

Why do you believe that?.

Seriously why they are both idiot's but other than his talking to terrorists in the past (many politicians on both sides of the house have also done so) and his anti nuclear stance (which I think is a fair one if I disagree and think in a world that is ever more dangers we need it) his plan's for the NHS pumping far more money into it, state pension restoration (one the hedge fund managers did not like) and scrapping UC which is actually killing people and now shock horror the moron's that voted BJ in are finding out just how hard it is to get money out of a tory stone even though it is a survival matter, well Labour's front bench while maybe leaving some thing's to be desired and less erudite (not less intelligent but definitely more caring for our people) than there Tory counter parts would actually have managed this crisis very well, perhaps Corbyn was too much of a libertarian but hey isn't that what Johnson claim's to be though of course his idea of liberty is very different.

There is an argument WOULD labour have imposed stringent enough control's on the public to save our lives - well the counter argument is DID the Tory's until it was too late and indeed have they now it is to stop the spread?.

The OBVIOUS answer to both is probably NO, neither of them would have.

But beyond that point actually Labour would have proven the better, more money for people to live when they have no job's or wages coming in, once the crisis passes to ensure people have job's a government ready to provide subsidy's, renationalize power and made it cheaper and greener for industry a ready industry of state funded house and new hospital building, road and rail re-nationalization and rebuilding, water drainage ditches being rebuilt after renationalization our water industry (how many preventable flood's have occurred due to pumping stations being closed and drainage ditches being filled in - and when it does not flood the private interest party's are making claim's of water shortages and the need to put people onto water meters - now they are being told to wash there hand's for 20 seconds or more but how many are frightened to use there water - how many reservoirs did the privatized water company's sell off and close down?), a larger standing military when a very large chunk of the money spent on nuclear was instead put back into traditional armed forces and better gear - remember the shadow defence secretary was a squaddie himself with front line experience of how badly equipped our soldiers were.

Seriously though on this I have most certainly got to severely disagree, all BJ has done is usher in powers in a bill he did not even need to pass when under standing emergency legislation and rules he could still do all that this bill allows and more, it's real reason is to be able to extend those powers as long as possible, prevent demonstrations and public gathering's and allow him to get on with the Tory plan for our nation now he has a majority and can pretty much do as he pleases with hardly any effective opposition.

Who do you think OWNS the media that blackened Labour, seriously which major Media magnate, right winger and Tory Backer whom is not a British Citizen but an Australian did Boris Johnson have multiple private meeting's with.

And then he wanted to scrap the Television licence, now while I believe it is a public service and should be pair for out of tax payer money and have some of the crap it is making scrapped and replaced with unbiased public information and educational program's the fact is that like the NHS the BBC is a brand that these media tycoon's drool over the thought of owning so his plan was and probably is to sell it off, he probably got his eye wiped when he found out that would not be easy however as it is tied in to our intelligence service at many level's.

So that leaves the NHS, what is to stop BJ from using it to bring in more private interests under the guise of offering help during this crisis.

How many people that Labour would have protected are now out on the street as a result of private landlords kicking them out for fear of the virus including NHS doctors living in rented room's - labour's housing plan's would not only have ended rough sleeping but given them first pick of new housing close to there work places.

Seriously why do you think Corbyn whom cares about the British PEOPLE would have done worse than BJ whom cares about just SOME people.

Serious case of media brainwashing in my opinion and yes he is far from perfect but he is also no where near as bad as the Media or those right wing crook's wanted you to believe as part of there anti labour moves.

It is not about who you like or don't like, Corbyn would seek to save your life while BJ and his cronies would have there life raft launched from the Titanic half empty and in these day's it would not be rich 'woman and children' first while leaving the poor locked behind steel doors on the lower deck's to drown first, it would be RICH first.

Seriously I did not like either leader because of serious differences of opinion but the Tory's have so far made a mess of this crisis so how could Corbyn have done any worse, really how?.

Basically thinking the Tory's are in any way better, let along Tory's led by a Bullingdon boy is absolutely ludicrous, in fact if the British public had any brains the Tory's would not be allowed near to parliament without some kind of restraining order on them if at all for that matter.

(side note, the reason Bullingdon members are called young hellions/hellyons is because there elitist club is actually a direct continuation of the hellfire club).
www.theweek.co.uk...
www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 26-3-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

The supposed lockdown is designed to stop the NHS being swamped and contain the virus but the dumb ass people of the UK see it as an excuse to bunk off from work while still being paid , yesterday and today I've seen more dog walkers and joggers than I've seen all year , families out for a stroll with their out of school kids just walking around as if not a care in the world meanwhile NHS doctors and nurses are pulling 24 hour shifts trying to deal with the fallout of the virus ... then when they have finished their shift finding supermarket shelves empty of the essential because the idiots who have time on their hands can't resist going shopping to top up their stockpiles.

The lockdown is a joke and the people of the UK who can't do the simple thing they've been asked to do are a disgrace ,

What??
Boris has said walking and exercise is fine as long as it is families.

Please state what orders are not being followed.

People are not 'bunking off' work btw.
edit on 26-3-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I know 4 people unable to stop off work because their workplaces consider their jobs essential.

They're not essential jobs, my mate's missus phoned his work place and the personal assistant she spoke to accidentally let slip that they'll be closing down Friday.

A lot of employer's seem to want the money and risk the lives of their employees. It's ridiculous and I hope something is done about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I'm self employed , the self employed are yet to get a safety net.

That's not true. It was released before you posted this that the self employed will get a percentage of average monthly takings based on the last 3 years of self employment. I believe it's up to around£3000

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Listen, I understand the older folks won’t have a hard time with this. Myself at 40, hard but not terribly difficult.

Really

Older folk at 40? ... I have children older than you!!!!!

Younger folks and social whores, are going to have an incredibly difficult time with this. With each increasing moment....

How come?

Even in 'real life' and when in 'living company' they are in constant 'e'

communication with their peers .... face book, face time, twitter etc......

they even choose their significant other halves in that way.

So unlike with the really older generation I can't see them having many

difficulties in respect of company.

MANY on this planet THRIVE on social interaction. Whether it be positive — or negative.

True ...... And those under around 65 yrs have it in shed loads positive - or

negative.

Where as the 'really aged '
are lucky if they get it in anyway!!!

edit on 26-3-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join