It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Lockdown is a Joke

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The supposed lockdown is designed to stop the NHS being swamped and contain the virus but the dumb ass people of the UK see it as an excuse to bunk off from work while still being paid , yesterday and today I've seen more dog walkers and joggers than I've seen all year , families out for a stroll with their out of school kids just walking around as if not a care in the world meanwhile NHS doctors and nurses are pulling 24 hour shifts trying to deal with the fallout of the virus ... then when they have finished their shift finding supermarket shelves empty of the essential because the idiots who have time on their hands can't resist going shopping to top up their stockpiles.

The lockdown is a joke and the people of the UK who can't do the simple thing they've been asked to do are a disgrace , Johnson is trying to stop our economy tanking while the people who will be affected by another bloody recession show no sign of having the intelligence to help save this country .. me me me me is all they care about.

Never thought I'd say this but it's time to enforce this supposed lockdown and punish those without good reason to be on the streets.
edit on 25-3-2020 by gortex because: angry fingers

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The supposed lockdown is designed to stop the NHS being swamped and contain the virus but the dumb ass people of the UK see it as an excuse to bunk off from work while still being paid , yesterday and today I've seen more dog walkers and joggers than I've seen all year , families out for a stroll with their out of school kids just walking around as if not a care in the world meanwhile NHS doctors and nurses are pulling 24 hour shifts trying to deal with the fallout of the virus ... then when they have finished their shift finding supermarket shelves empty of the essential because the idiots who have time on their hands can't resist going shopping to top up their stockpiles.

The lockdown is a joke and the people of the UK who can't do the simple thing they've been asked to do are a disgrace , Johnson is trying to stop our economy tanking while the people who will be affected by another bloody recession show no sign of having the intelligence to help save this country .. me me me me is all they care about.

Never thought I'd say this but it's time to enforce this supposed lockdown and punish those without good reason to be on the streets.

Boris Johnson is part of the problem though, why should idiots listen to another idiot on TV, one who clearly doesn't have the brain capacity to explain things about this virus adequately.

And these people you describe don't understand how the virus is going to hit the NHS in the coming days, maybe one of them falls over a breaks a bone (or something more serious) and then find out? With no treatment for their injury because all other medical resources are tied up in dealing with serious virus victims

Maybe serious turmoil is what they need in order to wake them from this serious slumber

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What if it isn't the greedy hoarders that come back and fill up their pantry but people like my husband and me trying to desperately get what we need because others were selfish?
We spoke to a woman at the till in Tesco and I praised Tesco for having introduced a restriction in amounts of food.
She explained that if we all just buy what we really need, the shop will have time to stock up again and we can all go shopping and get what we need.

We went out yesterday, shopping because we have no more TP, I only bought one packet a couple of weeks ago because I didn't feel like hoarding. So we found kitchen roll. There is always a way. We also saw more families on bicycles than ever. Truth is that they are allowed out for exercise. Its not illegal. Plus I can imagine that a long ride with kids will knacker them out in times of having to stay indoors.
So I see nothing wrong with that.
Dogs still need a poop and people walk them.

Apart from that it was as safe as you can imagine. We were all pretty far away from each other, most people stayed indoors and shopping was a pleasure with so little people around.

I think it works quite well here in the UK. I don't know why you are so full of hate when people try and find a little happiness on a sunny spring day amidst this doom and gloom.
Are you jealous or something?
Also if you are so scared of them, you could stay indoors.

We went out yesterday, we'll stay in now for probably a week but then I WILL have to go go outdoors, walk into town, yes, look at shelves or I'll go mental AF.
Shame that if you saw us then you'd think we are just idiots who want to ruin your idea of a lockdown. What does it feel like to be so wrong?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Boris Johnson is part of the problem though, why should idiots listen to another idiot on TV, one who clearly doesn't have the brain capacity to explain things about this virus adequately.

Because the idiot on the TV is trying to stop or reduce the spread of the virus , they should also listen to help those who are putting their own lives on the line to save those infected , Johnson may well be a Tory but he has my support until such time as he loses it , so far I can't fault what he is doing.

It's at times of National emergency that a country lives or dies on the actions of its people , so far in my opinion it's the British people who are letting themselves and the country down not the British government.

Along with my other duties for the last two days I've been delivering the extra Personal Protective Equipment that Hancock promised at the weekend , words met by action.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The way she goes, man,

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well, the police are fully empowered TO enforce this, but they have been in a state of confusion since Boris's announcement.

During daytime hours, with so many people still going to work in what they perceive to be 'essential' jobs, any enforcement is likely to be messy and confrontational, but once the general working hours are over, the cops will be more free to question and, if necessary, enforce the lock-down (via fines for the more troublesome).

So yeah, it's a bloody mess at the moment, but give it a few days.

PS: Thankfully the five million self-employed should be receiving good news today or tomorrow, since they have been left in the dark for days whilst all employees receive 80% of their wages from the State if they are unable to work (but obviously that's ripe for exploitation!

edit on 25-3-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I am seeing the same thing here on the Kansas/Missouri state line. I am considered essential personnel, so I've been driving 36 miles each way across state lines to and from work since our area was "lock-down" on Monday at midnight. Yesterday and today...I am amazed at HOW MANY people are considered essential personnel and out on the roads.

Surely it's not the people that have been asked very nicely to stay the f#k indoors for a week or two, WITH PAY, out and about shopping and getting more things they can't possibly live without for a bit?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

The absolutely correct way to deal with this situation is that the military needs to start executing people, especially the elderly.

And all the kids just to be safe cause they aint getting any younger.

(sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

If people don’t get out of the house for some exercise and vitamin D — you’re going to have a much bigger problem on your hands.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's at times of National emergency that a country lives or dies on the actions of its people , so far in my opinion it's the British people who are letting themselves and the country down not the British government.

This is true, unfortunately on the second count, the British people already let themselves down by electing such an incompetent fool as PM, and I doubt a worse person could be in charge at this moment

EDIT: Actually, it could be worse, if Ian Duncan Smith was in charge we'd be licking the inside of our cupboards by now

edit on -180002020-03-25T13:37:37-05:000000003731202037032020Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:37:37 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I don't know why you are so full of hate when people try and find a little happiness on a sunny spring day amidst this doom and gloom.

Then I guess that makes you part of the problem.

We went out yesterday, we'll stay in now for probably a week but then I WILL have to go go outdoors, walk into town, yes, look at shelves or I'll go mental AF.
Shame that if you saw us then you'd think we are just idiots who want to ruin your idea of a lockdown. What does it feel like to be so wrong?

As I said in the OP , ME ME ME.
Only you can answer What it feels like to be so wrong because judging by your post you are part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

The absolutely correct way to deal with this situation is that the military needs to start executing people, especially the elderly.

And all those pussyos in the military who resist or complain about it should be sent to the Gulags.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This is true, unfortunately on the second count, the British people already let themselves down by electing such an incompetent fool as PM, and I doubt a worse person could be in charge at this moment

I think he's doing OK and without doubt a Corbyn government would have been a worse choice.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

No, why don't the adults act like adults and try to slow this virus down for EVERYONES sake.

There shouldn't be any need for armed military assistance during this medical situation. Except there are too many "dumb ass people" (thanks gortex) out there that will do the exact opposite, whether right or wrong, just because someone told them please don't do that....while I pay you to sit at home for a week or two.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think he's doing OK and without doubt a Corbyn government would have been a worse choice.

I think he made a bit of an arse of it at the beginning but seems to have turned things around.

I think Sunak has also been surprisingly competent considering his lack of experience.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ironically someone I know in the UK is a very keen runner and they have been restricting all contact but have done their one portion of solo exercise per day but today I hear things seem to have changed.

Now that builders can work as per the Government announcement I hear that white vans are a plenty on London roads again?, Joe regular will see this and think stuff it I will head out also.. Either everything is shut or what is the point?.

The mixed messages for the UK public is down right absurd, from Herd immunity to do not cross the home boundry, to some people can work etc.

So my guess is now everyone is a athlete hoping for a wildcard to the Olympics sometime in 2021?, building sites are now open as normal and I guess so would be suppliers?, the train network in London I hear is being run on a skeleton service causing key workers to cram into carriages which is obviously a great idea during a pandemic.

I just cannot see what the actual plan is from the messgaes being sent. Asking a population to stop work is one thing but it should not create a situation where certain folks that Joe bloggs see's as not a Key workers are being given a green light to carry on.

Not to mention I have read over and over that the UK has cut Police numbers and many officers have departed the force making enforcement all but impossible.

Also being that I hear spring has arrived makes for a situation that needs either a blunt firm message that sadly has been missed early on or enforcement that is swift and meaningful to the so called threat.
edit on 25-3-2020 by Petra137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Petra137

The mixed messages for the UK public is down right absurd, from Herd immunity to do not cross the home boundry, to some people can work etc.

We need herd immunity to reduce the risk next time , mixed messages are par for the course in a fluid situation like this , the main message is stay at home , only go out is it's necessary and stay about 2 meters away from other people if you are out.

This country is slowly shutting down , I see it on a daily basis and if people don't do as they're asked we will bear the cost of this business shutdown as it will have been all for nothing.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Don’t think of the ME

Think instead of the WE

We’ll be alright.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Petra137

We need herd immunity to reduce the risk next time , mixed messages are par for the course in a fluid situation like this , the main message is stay at home , only go out is it's necessary and stay about 2 meters away from other people if you are out.

This country is slowly shutting down , I see it on a daily basis and if people don't do as they're asked we will bear the cost of this business shutdown as it will have been all for nothing.

I fully agree, ref the idea of Herd immunity but when you state this during a key information dump only for the draw backs to be made publically know within hours by a third party (ref how many 10s of thousands) "could" Die due to it and the Government does a U turn it totally undermines their credibility before the situation has even really started. How was this not covered in the first briefing of producing a viable plan?.

To be blunt if this Pandemic is as bad as the media have made out then there are a few options really, either a population is disciplined enough to manage this locally and from the scenes at supermarkets and photos of people standing inline to walk up a mountain I question this?.

Or you lock the whole place down such as Italy, Spain France etc and hope it is enough, but without viable enforcement what you gonna do?. This is probably going to show the massive holes in social spending is my guess?.

Even key Police officers publically announced as soon as the Legislation was put to the public that it was all but unenforceable, what a great situation to deal with when you are already under staffed and dealing with a once in a lifetime situation (Fingers crossed)...

EDIT:: Also where are the home testing kits?, I have read they are days away for the folks there but why the hell where they not stock pilled for key workers weeks ago when it was clear what was coming?, having front line staff isolated for 14 days because someone in the house may be, could have, might be Covid-19 or just a common cold is criminal. China had there first case months ago, a test must have been produced as I have seen from certain Labs even within the UK but yet nothing as of yet, a simple antibody test woudl do wonders...

Yes the metro but other papers covered the story.
metro.co.uk...

Edit::I do need to tip my bonnet to the response that was requested for NHS volunteers, that amount of people offering to help is simply amazing. Chapeau..

edit on 25-3-2020 by Petra137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How dare those people enjoy a nice day away from this slavery we call society. Shame on them

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join