It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

board to censor "misinformation" about COVID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Upon loggin into my proboards account this morning, I have received this message:

[unsourced quote removed]

It seems that certain websites have been asked to begin practicing censorship, so to enforce an environment where only the "official" information about the virus is left available for the public.

Though I can understand the danger of actual misinformation, I am concerned that this might constitute an obvious violation of the freedom of speech, and I cannot help but wonder how much more Rights and Freedoms will be abolished in the pretense of this virus.

In Quebec, the freedom of assembly (250+ people) has already been suspended:

www.theglobeandmail.com...

i am genuinely concerned not by the virus, but by the government's reactions to the virus. Remember that the virus didn't crash the economy - the actions of the governing agencies crashed the economy.

edit on 25-3-2020 by TaninimLong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Fox news had an article trying to debunk the idea that it was a manufactured virus and the reasoning was pathetic. The scientist they interviewed was saying the fact it was so contagious is proof that it is natural because scientists wouldn't use the mechanism it uses to attach to cells because it's so novel and wouldn't fit our models or some such.

Really? Maybe it's just that YOU suck at intentionally creating plagues. Get someone in a lab with the right mentality who wants to destroy the human race, and I bet they could cook up something even better than coronavirus.

I wonder if the reason it ended up in that meat market is because the lab threw out the animals which they considered failures. Coronavirus wasn't good enough so instead of incinerating it they tossed that experiment into the garbage bin. Sounds plausible to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TaninimLong

Not official info - they want to enforce the NARRATIVE about it and censor QUESTIONS.

It's Control.
Totally anti-freedom and thus anti-truth.

What if I can use their own data to prove they lied about the whole thing? That's what's so dangerous about censorship.

They will never erase the Truth.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Indeed the slope down is quite slippery under the cv19 banner.

I think the curve everyone is talking about flattening has actually nothing to do with cv19 and everything to do with liberties.

I can't help thinking that old persistent enemy COMMUNISM has found a new and more effective way of taking over once and for all.

God help us all.

If we the people don't start seeing some significant death counts that are confirmable then an uprising should really be our only option. A world wide refusal or standown of mankind for those who don't want to be oppreseed/suppressed by these kind of liberty robbing tactics.

edit on 25-3-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The narrative they want is fear and control.

You can't trust anything anymore except in your own Heart.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Indeed the slope down is quite slippery under the cv19 banner.

I think the curve everyone is talking about flattening has actually nothing to do with cv19 and everything to do with liberties.

I can't help thinking that old persistent enemy COMMUNISM has found a new and more effective way of taking over once and for all.

God help us all.

No kidding.
I still just can't believe how easily they got ppl to go along with it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Ohhh I will always blindly trust my government here in the states.
They would never lie to the people.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

You and I know that's pretty funny but that's only because there are tons of ppl out there who honestly believe in it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You have no rights to freedom of speech on privately owned boards.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I really hate to say but man there are way too many people that do.
Sad world indeed.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Good to see you posting again, Taninim. Stay healthy!

Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Thank you, it is good to see you too.

I wish you the same.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
You have no rights to freedom of speech on privately owned boards.

Sure you do.
I know the perfect argument to sue for free speech on any corporate owned anything.

I got bigger fish to fry but here's the key - all corps have to get a charter from the govt to legally operate. We the ppl can govern all commerce via the Constitution.

So we can alter this belief system if censorship becomes a thing. We can force them to stop.

How's that for reverse tyranny? Lol

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Proboards is not owned by the government. They can censor anything they like, there is no 1st amendment violation.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Good theory, make a great movie. Unfortunately there is zero evidence this is manufactured. Not liking the reason 1 person gives does not change that.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

You and I know that's pretty funny but that's only because there are tons of ppl out there who honestly believe in it.

Ummm...well...you two have the benefit...of being in my company...so it’s all good...

Even here in this company of fools...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Proboards is not owned by the government. They can censor anything they like, there is no 1st amendment violation.

They have been ASKED to censor and the user is speaking about Quebec/Canada so 1st Amendment isn't the issue. It's an issue of what is good information and what is bad. It's a worthwhile discussion. Nobody is saying it's a Constitutional issue.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Everything is always a Constitutional issue in every nation. A Constitution founds the law and all laws derive from it.

So yes even in Canada their Charter of Rights could be used to sue corporations for violations via their charters of incorporation.

No one really does this but we theoretically could.

Also the legislative branch can rewrite any rules.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I feel the problem is that there is such potential for a State of Emergency to become a pretense for the complete bypass of any Constitution, may it be Canadian or American. Here in this thread we are seeing how information is being treated. But much more serious freedoms and rights are also being affected, or so I hear.

Simply extend the duration of the State of Emergency for arbitrary reasons, and you end up with a totalitarian government.
edit on 14-4-2020 by TaninimLong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaninimLong

I feel the problem is that there is such potential for a State of Emergency to become a pretense for the complete bypass of any Constitution, may it be Canadian or American. Here in this thread we are seeing how information is being treated. But much more serious freedoms and rights are also being affected, or so I hear.

Simply extend the duration of the State of Emergency for arbitrary reasons, and you end up with a totalitarian government.

Yep. They'll use it to force everybody to roll up their sleeves under the pretense of "health and well being for all", Nuremberg Code be damned.

top topics

join