It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Our Thing" is coming to an end.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Facts. The world we are living in today is emerging while our old world we enjoyd "yesterday " before this event is abruptly at a close.

The void is filled with the new order and the new powers.

Then we fight and its either finalized or prolonged. If absolute and final then the new order has stability. If questioned and bogged down with challengers the new order is then unstable.

Then laws of balance take over.

And the cycle is renewed.

Mortal men need only worry about their soul and tending to the purpose they choose.

Our government, nobility, whatever can be only one thing no matter its iteration. Power holders.

We as a group are inherently many at once so we are always underserved.

The best leaders lead flawlessly to their absence. They leave the tools they created with the power seized. They do not linger and rot.

Hopefully the new dawn brings with it new light for earths leaders.

edit on 24-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Graysen
most Americans, if they believe they will not die from this, have no sympathy for the "old and the weak" who will.

That right there exemplifies the disgust I have with the left. They actually believe those of us who believe in civil liberties, and that ending the world economy because of this particular virus is a stupid and really bad and useless idea, means we don't care about others.

Nothing could be further from the truth, and you know it.

I know what I see. I don't see a whole lot of concern for "the least of these" coming from those who are strong enough not to need any help.

Again, wrt this virus - quarantine those at risk - lockdown (real quarantine) all group home situations where the elderly and at risk are concentrated, require care-givers to live in home with them for a full month

That's already being done, by private enterprise. You cannot get in to see an old person in a nursing home unless you are their ONE visitor a week. That's nation wide.

. Then provide superior guidance to those who don't live in group home situations, and to their loved ones, so they can all be on the same page when it comes to protecting them as much as possible from the risk.

And then, yes, let those of us who have nothing to fear get on with the business of the world, so that the elderly's retirement funds in the stock market will bounce biglier than ever before, and they (and we) can go back to their (our) lives in peace.

Oh, you mean deprive civil liberties from other people. Old people. just not you.

There are a lot of people who don't have your entitlement that comes from wealth and health and youth. And unless there is a state-wide lock down, they CAN'T self-isolate.

Lot of waitresses, that if they call in to work when Waffle House is open, and say they need to quarantine, will be told that they are fired.

A lot of truck drivers are older guys. who will get fired unless the boss HAS to let them stay home for a week.

Unless a quarantine is mandatory for everybody, is isn't an option except for the independently wealthy and business owners.

Is your dad still alive? IS he of working age? Would he have to go to work, if there was no quarantine.

A lot of people, like me, are job-holding dues paying contributors to society. But we can't decide to self isolate, without losing our jobs or businesses.

But I get it. If it isn't YOUR problem, it isn't a valid problem.

That's why we need democracy. So the rest of us don't depend on the likes of you to act in our best interests.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

somethings i hope change,
we build more hospitals and we encourage more people to pursue medical doctor and nurses degrees through education grants.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I know what I see. I don't see a whole lot of concern for "the least of these" coming from those who are strong enough not to need any help.

Methinks you see what you want to see.

"Again, wrt this virus - quarantine those at risk - lockdown (real quarantine) all group home situations where the elderly and at risk are concentrated, require care-givers to live in home with them for a full month"

That's already being done, by private enterprise. You cannot get in to see an old person in a nursing home unless you are their ONE visitor a week. That's nation wide.

Good.

"Then provide superior guidance to those who don't live in group home situations, and to their loved ones, so they can all be on the same page when it comes to protecting them as much as possible from the risk.

And then, yes, let those of us who have nothing to fear get on with the business of the world, so that the elderly's retirement funds in the stock market will bounce biglier than ever before, and they (and we) can go back to their (our) lives in peace."

Oh, you mean deprive civil liberties from other people. Old people. just not you.

Learn to read. I said 'guidelines'. In what world does that mean depriving anyone of their civil liberties? For those who are not in group homes situations, it is different. There is much more at stake, and wrt any one individual, in this case, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

That said - the quarantine, as implemented by moi, would be one way. If someone wanted to leave a group home quarantine, they are free to do so. But they ain't getting back in. For individuals, it would be strictly voluntary. Since they are the ones at risk, if they want to expose themselves, a little, or even a lot - that is on them.

There are a lot of people who don't have your entitlement that comes from wealth and health and youth.

Son, I'm 59, and live paycheck to paycheck. Wtf are you yammering about?

Snip the rest of your balderdash. I'm 100% against the lockdown, except for the group homes where the highest risk are concentrated.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just to amplify my last post.

If a quarantine is only for some people, then the working poor will be forced to cheat and work even if they are sick.

Tell a hispanic kid, who is currently at home because classes are suspended, that he can just "self isolate" because he has chronic bronchitis. Do you think he's going to do that, when he's only in college because of a scholarship--one that he will lose if he doesn't complete this semester? He will go to class even if he is coughing up blood, to get to be the first in his family to graduate from college.

A plumber that runs his own business who is taking calls through the quarantine right now. IF his competitor is fielding work crews, then this guy is going to, even if he has multiple risk factors for being a carrier. Even if he is probably infecting some of his customers. Hell, once Trump sounds the back-to-work whistle, the bills are still due. The competition is picking up all your clients.... If he stops showing up, his crews will stop too. Or they won't get anything done if he doesn't visit the job-site.

A lyft driver. Older woman in her 50s. She's had pneumonia 4 times, so she's at risk. But the airport is now open, and she doesn't get paid salary---she's strictly paid by the ride. Sure, she has a fever, and feels like warmed-over death. But now that the quarantine's over, she's got to pay rent.

You do realize that half of all confirmed covid-19 patients are UNDER 50, right???

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

somethings i hope change,
we build more hospitals and we encourage more people to pursue medical doctor and nurses degrees through education grants.

The problem with this is that maintaining a medical infrastructure that is capable of dealing with something like this is.. unrealistic.

A given hospital/ER can get swamped by a major accident on a highway. It makes sense to ask: "Well, why dont we just hire more people and build more facilities?"

They require substantial upkeep to maintain the system at that kind of readiness.

That said, maybe we can create some kind of quickly scalable model to better respond to spikes in demand. Even if we might not have the tools right now, we could certainly start working on them.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Changes in individual households will be minor. The hoax is being exposed, and all will return to normal. Americans are not wussies.

Read this article...here's a snippet.

MADRID: There are nearly 4,000 health workers infected with the coronavirus in Spain, more than one in ten of total confirmed cases, officials said on Monday (Mar 23) as the virus toll rose in Europe's second-worst affected country.
Like in other countries hit hard by the virus, nurses, doctors and other health workers have said they are not getting enough protective kits. Authorities and companies are scrambling to manufacture, buy and distribute more of them.

"We have some data we do not like, because we should try to control it, such as having 3,910 health workers affected," health emergency chief Fernando Simon told a news conference.
The number of cases registered in Spain rose to 33,089 up from 28,572 cases on Sunday. This means health workers account for nearly 12 per cent of the total.

wake up

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Learn to read. I said 'guidelines'.

Guidelines? Like the guidelines you want to ignore, or some other guidelines, that you expect other people to abide by.

That said - the quarantine, as implemented by moi, would be one way. If someone wanted to leave a group home quarantine, they are free to do so. But they ain't getting back in. For individuals, it would be strictly voluntary. Since they are the ones at risk, if they want to expose themselves, a little, or even a lot - that is on them.

You seem to think that the only people at risk are the severely elderly. But nobody is a zero risk. The biggest number of people at risk, are older people who still work, who are both potential carriers and potential casualties.

We don't have a cure for this thing, or a vaccine. All the hospitals can do is provide relief from the symptoms. So it's not like you can prevent people from getting exposed to it. Or keep old people from dying anyway.

The goal is to keep everyone from getting sick with this ON THE SAME DAY. Then everyone goes to the hospital, and most people don't get ANY treatment. That's the equivalent of getting sick in some 3rd world country. Even a lot of the folks who don't need a hospital will still need a day or 2 at home to get over it. So then on that day when everyone gets it, there are not enough cops, not enough ambulance drivers, not enough firemen, to run the city while at home sick too.

Son, I'm 59, and live paycheck to paycheck. Wtf are you yammering about?

The fact that other people have different situations in life than you.

I'm in my 50's as well. I'm talking about the 210,000,000 OTHER Americans who will eventually test positive for this, and would like to not have society collapse because we couldn't do any forward planning.

Snip the rest of your balderdash. I'm 100% against the lockdown, except for the group homes where the highest risk are concentrated.

Balderdash??? Joe Biden, is that you!?!?!?!
edit on 24-3-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I have a lawsuit pending and my lawyer being a LAWYER informed me that the only thing that has changed is that the proceedings will be via phone and video chat.

All I could say is, cool.🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

That is cool.

There is a writ submitted to the AG asking that criminal courts INCLUDING ARRAIGNMENTS be held via video chat.

THAT is getting pretty close to some of the causes for separation enumerated in the declaration of independence.

I get it. Fear of the plague. But does anybody think we'll go back to expensive, in-person trials after this is over?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The greatest loss is the loss of life. The closing down of the economy thats no so bad. A repreve from plastic consumer society in which we live.

We simply dont need all that stuff peddled at all the time.

Might be a good lesson.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

most Americans, if they believe they will not die from this, have no sympathy for the "old and the weak" who will.

That right there exemplifies the disgust I have with the left. They actually believe those of us who believe in civil liberties, and that ending the world economy because of this particular virus is a stupid and really bad and useless idea, means we don't care about others.

Nothing could be further from the truth, and you know it. In fact, we care a great deal more than the bleeding heart leftists, who are only interested in maintaining the appearance of caring.

Again, wrt this virus - quarantine those at risk - lockdown (real quarantine) all group home situations where the elderly and at risk are concentrated, require care-givers to live in home with them for a full month. Then provide superior guidance to those who don't live in group home situations, and to their loved ones, so they can all be on the same page when it comes to protecting them as much as possible from the risk.

And then, yes, let those of us who have nothing to fear get on with the business of the world, so that the elderly's retirement funds in the stock market will bounce biglier than ever before, and they (and we) can go back to their (our) lives in peace.

We don't think it will end the world economy for one. It is all you people saying it is fake or not worth worrying about that are saying that. And if you were paying attention you would know that this hardly effects only the elderly.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It's not like turning off a switch through, or if it is, it might not be best to expect a heartbeat 6 months down the line, when we attempt to turn it back on.

That being said, life is all about change, if this horrendous virus does not make us stop and give pause for thought, what the feck will?

We all wanted a paradigm shift, well look out a window, change is in the wind for the better or worse.

Suppose its how we will carry ourselves and others throughout the coming months that will prove the measure of our mettle.

If we choose to learn nothing through and carry on regardless, that will be the real cherry on top.

I think we can indeed glean something from all this discombobulation, if only that everybody is susceptible and we are all connected.
edit on 24-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think we will see how many meetings could have been emails, and how many across the nation conferences could have been conducted via video.

I hope we will see how much time could we could have been saving all along by working from home. Or how many resources we squander daily. Or how caught up we really were in sports, or in keeping up with the neighbors, or whatever. .

I don’t know how this will play out, but I certainly hope something good comes out of it... somewhere along the line.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

a reply to: Gargoyle91

Another is that most Americans, if they believe they will not die from this, have no sympathy for the "old and the weak" who will.

For sure. CV19 killed what empathy and compassion we had left. We are revealed as a much more mercenary culture, ruled by greed, than I ever really imagined.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Demodale

Well said, and that really is the sad thing about all of this. People were quick to hoard vital supplies, and kept them from others, they were quick to condemn others on social media and proved themselves to be entitled selfish brats. America is almost gone 😭

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalShadow

...does anybody think we'll go back to expensive, in-person trials after this is over?

The laws of "Lawyering" wouldn't stand for a pay cut.

Much like Congress would NEVER vote for term limits.

Same scumbaggery.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What's astonishing to me is all the people who think things are going to go back to normal or whatever their version of normal was.

This whole situation is very much in its infancy and we have months, if not years, of changing dynamics and paradigms.

The fear is based in anger for essentially being "inconvenienced" by all this.

Technological advancements were very much geared with that in mind: convenience.

Now its shattering for A LOT of people that quite a few of those conveniences have been ripped from their lives.

I quick look inward would dispel that anger however, if one could see that they were taking those things for granted in the first place.

This is all just too much too soon for a decadent, distracted society obviously living their lives without consequence.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If you try to take someones liberties and fail get ready for some fun

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Good. Get rid of all tech. No more smartphones. No more internet. Maybe then people could start thinking for themselves again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join