It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just heard from a nurse who doubted and whom I trust ... Maybe redundant, but worthwhile.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: incoserv

For what it's worth, I saw this exact same thing written by a nurse from a hospital in Seattle in an article shared on Facebook.

I have seen it on Facebook as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Not sure what the OP is getting at.

I don't think anyone is doubting the disease exists and that a small percentage of people who get it suffer terribly and die.

The doubt is about just how widespread the infection will be and how high the death rate will be.

The nurse's account doesn't really do anything to dispel that doubt.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The original strain (L type) from wuhan is very contagious, But when it starts infecting people its dna changes when it jumps from one carrier to the next. Eventaully causing mutations (S type) that are far less infectious. That is why you see a severe climb in rate of infections (L Type) in China, South Korea and Italy, then a drop off, as the strain mutates into something less contaigeous and dangerous to general public (similar pattern to SARS and MERS).

So it looks like covid 19 will run its course no matter whet we do then taper off in 4-6 weeks or so. Hopefully causing far less total deaths than yearly flu. So whilst L-type exists its very important to continually wash your hands and ALL surfaces that you touch, to decrease chance of infection.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I know 5 nurses currently treating these patients, and one of them who is now a patient. They say it's terrifying.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Think back to when we were following the direction of the WHO?

www.cfr.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
For the vast majority of people, this virus will be like the common cold. Maybe another fifteen percent of people will have something more like the flu. That last five percent they will possibly have more severe symptoms, but only two percent will need breathing aparatus, and a quarter percent of the total people will die.

I would say that maybe a fifth of the population of this country has already had this virus now, only a small amount of them are sick anymore but they are still shedding the virus, some may not even know they had it. Within another month or so, maybe half of the population will have had this disease, only a small percent of them will be hospitalized and die.

When they are talking about deaths and comparing it to people who were sick enough to seek treatment, it looks like more die, but in essence lots more didn't even know it was happening and won't even be getting tested.. This virus spreads fast, I agree we needed some more time to slow the progression, so we can increase the ability of our hospitals to deal with this, but it will run it's course.

This whole shelter in place is just supposed to be so we get more time to prepare, it is never going to stop the spread of this disease, it just is postponing it till we are ready to handle it.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I would love to see the source of this information from a reputable research facility.

originally posted by: rickymouse
For the vast majority of people, this virus will be like the common cold. Maybe another fifteen percent of people will have something more like the flu. That last five percent they will possibly have more severe symptoms, but only two percent will need breathing aparatus, and a quarter percent of the total people will die.

I would say that maybe a fifth of the population of this country has already had this virus now, only a small amount of them are sick anymore but they are still shedding the virus, some may not even know they had it. Within another month or so, maybe half of the population will have had this disease, only a small percent of them will be hospitalized and die.

When they are talking about deaths and comparing it to people who were sick enough to seek treatment, it looks like more die, but in essence lots more didn't even know it was happening and won't even be getting tested.. This virus spreads fast, I agree we needed some more time to slow the progression, so we can increase the ability of our hospitals to deal with this, but it will run it's course.

This whole shelter in place is just supposed to be so we get more time to prepare, it is never going to stop the spread of this disease, it just is postponing it till we are ready to handle it.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The H stands for Harold.
Jesus Harold Christ.
a reply to: cognizant420

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
The H stands for Harold.
Jesus Harold Christ.
a reply to: cognizant420

Don't forget about Craig Christ

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Again, this is a woman who, just a couple of weeks ago, was doubting the severity of this. In her city of almost a quarter of a million, there are - as I type this - less than fifty confirmed cases. She works at one of the main hospitals for the county. If what she's seeing in a city of over 200,000 with less than 50 confirmed cases shakes her ...

She is probably dealing with a whole lot of fear-mongering from her co-workers and higher-ups too, don't forget. That can take its toll.

The fact is, unless this thing ends up having some kind of seriously deadly secondary payload that kills everybody, I just don't see what the justification for the fear/panic we're talking about...
edit on 24-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: vonclod

I posted this in another thread. I still stand by the prospective it brings

A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018 (including 251 000 people with HIV). Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).
In 2018, an estimated 10 million people fell ill with tuberculosis(TB) worldwide. 5.7 million men, 3.2 million women and 1.1 million children. There were cases in all countries and age groups. But TB is curable and preventable.

www.who.int...

Overall, 5.6 million children under age five died in 2016, nearly 15,000 daily (World Health Organization [WHO], 2016). The risk of a child dying before five years of age is highest in Africa (76.5 per 1000 live births), about 8 times higher than in Europe (9.6 per 1000 live births) (WHO, 2016).
Approximately 3.1 million children die from undernutrition each year (UNICEF, 2018a). Hunger and undernutrition contribute to more than half of global child deaths, as undernutrition can make children more vulnerable to illness and exacerbate disease (UNICEF, 2018a).

www.worldhunger.org...

Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year, according to a new estimate that's higher than the previous one of 250,000 to 500,000 deaths a year.

www.medicinenet.com...

But 10,000 people die with a higher standard of living, PANIC and DOOM.

Shrugs. Walks away to watch videos of people fighting over TP while millions of children die from malnutrition each year.

Sure, lots of people die from other stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I know 5 nurses currently treating these patients, and one of them who is now a patient. They say it's terrifying.

At least 4 doctors infected here, a dentist died today, turns out he was at a conference in the states, there was a carrier at the conference. Now of course they are trying to track down the attendees..this is how things get out of hand.

And now I hear Trump chomping at the bit to open things up again..what an imbecile.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
My daughter is a Critical Care RN. My son's girlfriend is an ER RN. My daughter's (large) hospital has one box of faceshield/masks left and they have been sanitizing and reusing PPE for a week now. And they're not yet in the thick of it. It's very real.

When wildfires are torching some other area it's interesting to watch on TV but you have no real concern about it reaching you. That happens for most all 'disasters'. But this one can --- and will --- reach your neck of the woods. To hear the insanity being spouted here on ATS and elsewhere is disheartening and alarming to say the least.

Nothing wrong with sanitizing and re-using PPE...Not just in this case but many cases...Save a lot of bucks with that practice...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: vonclod
There are some family and friends in health care here..of course it's F@CKING real

Jeezus h.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be a dick, I just can't believe if anyone takes a look around, at the world..you could conclude it's nothing.

No, you shouldn't.

I never concluded that it was nothing. But I do see it being played for gain by some interests. And I do not, by default, take very seriously anything the gov't s tells me. I distrust leviathan. It will use whatever means it can get hold of to gain and maintain control. It's like the story of the boy who cried wolf. The powers that be will use whatever they can as an excuse to control. And the people who manipulate the economy, that 1% that holds half of the world's wealth, could give a rat's ass about what happens to the other 99%.

I still question whether some measures that they have instituted are necessary. When the boy cries wolf again, it's hard to take him seriously. You get to the point where you need to see the wolf for yourself. Or hear from somebody you trust who's seen it.
:

I agree with you man, I do think this is as real as it gets, and absolutely..some are using it to their advantage, and figuring out how to put the screws to us when it passes.
I have the same questions as you

Good luck, stay safe!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It got real for me when a family member in Europe got it. The whole family there isnt easily shaken but they made sure to REALLY Express the importance of never getting it if possible. That we would absolutely regret not taking it seriously.

There are still so many people everywhere about to get hit bad that arent really taking it seriously.

Thanks for sharing. Be safe.
edit on 24-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well now that it's really taken on Italy, I do believe that it matches up quite nicely with the leaks from Wuhan. Italy seems quite more open to be candid about the severity. The footage coming out of those intensive care units aren't very pleasant to watch. Those damn bubbles on their heads, not knowing if it will be enough to save them.... must be down right frightening.

And then that one interview with the italian nurse. She was visibly shaken by the experience. Imagine doing your best, caring for the life of others and then still having to zip them up.

What scares me the most (but also apparently should comfort me) is that there is seemingly three cluster running through Europe. Mild, normal and severe. Me and the misses discussed today (she's in health care as well), that we could actually be looking at 80% infection at the moment but not knowing due to lack of symptoms or non-recognisable symptoms. That most of us probably have the mild version....
This alone based on how infectious this virus is.

I wonder if that puts us at an advantage in regards to wave 2 in september / october. Hopefully we wont see 1918 repeated once again, although 100 year cycles seen to find its way around.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

The fact is, unless this thing ends up having some kind of seriously deadly secondary payload that kills everybody, I just don't see what the justification for the fear/panic we're talking about...

I have stated this so many times.. either we are dealing with a potential 50mil plus dath totals or the NWO are controlling the whole situation and i believe thw ansaer lies somewhere in the middle of that either way this virus is viewed by the people who have access to the unfiltered information to be so dangerous they are willing to deatroy the entire woeld economy

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Dr. Michael Osterholm, who was director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota (same building prominently at the center of the move 'Contagion') and former state epidemiologist at the Minnesota Department of Health stated:

"We ***conservatively estimate***, that this could require 48 million hospitalizations, and over 480,000 deaths over the next 3-7 months."

Q: I've heard statements that if you do the math, America potentially runs out of hospital beds by May 10. Do you put any stock into these kind of predictions?

Osterholm: I think we're going to have real challenges in our healthcare system. We are operating on fumes right now, in a regular time period. I think the healthcare systems are doing as well as they possibly can, given the realities of modern day health financing. I wrote in my book back in 2017 that we were ill-prepared in our health system, and that we need to get better prepared. Well, ironically in 2020 we're in worse shape today than we were in 2017.

From what I've discerned, the crux of issue is not the virus itself, or its effects. The problem is infrastructure. The virus is not more deadly than SARS/MERS/H1N1 (I could be wrong). However, it's rate of infection IS more higher than those three other coronaviruses. And when the system gets overloaded QUICKLY, due to the lack of social distancing and following guidelines, we end up with a situation we are seeing in Italy, Spain and France: an overwhelmed healthcare system. Hence, the higher projected death rate.

Dr. Osterholm suggest we will eventually beat it thru herd immunity and a vaccine but, the road getting there will come at a high cost to life and the economy.

'This is not going to be like a Minnesota blizzard. . . we're talking about something that I call a coronavirus winter': www.postbulletin.com...

The full youtube interview is available in link.

Something to contemplate.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Dr. Michael Osterholm, who was director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota (same building prominently at the center of the move 'Contagion') and former state epidemiologist at the Minnesota Department of Health stated:

"We ***conservatively estimate***, that this could require 48 million hospitalizations, and over 480,000 deaths over the next 3-7 months."

Q: I've heard statements that if you do the math, America potentially runs out of hospital beds by May 10. Do you put any stock into these kind of predictions?

Osterholm: I think we're going to have real challenges in our healthcare system. We are operating on fumes right now, in a regular time period. I think the healthcare systems are doing as well as they possibly can, given the realities of modern day health financing. I wrote in my book back in 2017 that we were ill-prepared in our health system, and that we need to get better prepared. Well, ironically in 2020 we're in worse shape today than we were in 2017.

From what I've discerned, the crux of issue is not the virus itself, or its effects. The problem is infrastructure. The virus is not more deadly than SARS/MERS/H1N1 (I could be wrong). However, it's rate of infection IS more higher than those three other coronaviruses. And when the system gets overloaded QUICKLY, due to the lack of social distancing and following guidelines, we end up with a situation we are seeing in Italy, Spain and France: an overwhelmed healthcare system. Hence, the higher projected death rate.

Dr. Osterholm suggest we will eventually beat it thru herd immunity and a vaccine but, the road getting there will come at a high cost to life and the economy.

'This is not going to be like a Minnesota blizzard. . . we're talking about something that I call a coronavirus winter': www.postbulletin.com...

The full youtube interview is available in link.

Something to contemplate.

Looks that way to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

She is probably dealing with a whole lot of fear-mongering from her co-workers and higher-ups too, don't forget. That can take its toll.

No. She's on the front line, seeing how hard this thing hits some of its victims. That's what's shaking her. And the fact that it won't take that many critical cases to overwhelm them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join