It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancel Home Aides if Possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If you have a home health aide and they do things you can handle yourself or do without. Cancel them.

If you have a loved one that needs home health aide and you could step up and take their place. Do it, cancel the aide and take over. Be responsible.

This industry is not doing enough to ensure the safety and well being of your loved ones in this time. The only thing they are doing is a couple question questionnaire that I believe is designed to keep Aides working and does nothing to protect clients. In a time where it's near impossible for people to get tested the only thing they care about is contact with confirmed cases. There's not a single question or concern over whether you show symptoms or have been around people showing strong symptoms. No emphasis on extra precautions, and no resources expended to make sure the people tending to you and your loved ones are safe.

We're the people dealing the most with people at risk and from what I can tell our industry is doing next to nothing to keep them safe. We literally go from house to house and are required to get close to other people and not a single concern is given to whether we show symptoms or if the people we deal with do.

Protect yourself and your loved ones. Cancel our services if at all possible until this blows over.
edit on 3/24/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
oh, good one.....immediately tell em stay away....good one Puppylove
edit on 24-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I'd lose money and potentially be screwed, but if you care about yourself or loved ones. Yes IF you can reasonably do so.

It'll mean few hours so I'll still be working so no unemployment possible, and will thus be making less than people sitting on their ass with unemployment. But it's a necessary sacrifice I'm willing to make to save lives. I'm serious, there's a big danger from this industry right now.

The only ones who should be getting Aides right now are those who absolutely cannot do without and have no one to step in and replace them. Limit exposure, especially to those most at risk as much as possible.
edit on 3/24/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ours cancelled us last week, no notice. Said may resume in April. Maybe.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

We're the people dealing the most with people at risk and from what I can tell our industry is doing next to nothing to keep them safe. We literally go from house to house and are required to get close to other people and not a single concern is given to whether we show symptoms or if the people we deal with do.

My GF and I are the only care givers a blind old man in our village has. I'm not about to abandon him for any reason.
Thank God the Catholic church gives us food to cook for him.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you're all they have, and they clearly can't be abandoned they are clearly on my list of those who should still be getting services.

I've noticed something, this virus has people going crazy, everything is taken to it's extreme, a moderate opinion cannot exist.

I'm not asking for all services to stop nor for those who need it to stop getting it. I've not expressed or implied such. Buy you clearly just took it that way.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Buy you clearly just took it that way.

No I didn't. Don't assume things you know nothing about.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If that's the case then your response to what I said makes zero sense.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

If that's the case then your response to what I said makes zero sense.

Maybe to you, I'll just chalk up your snarky attitude to stress....I'm out, I have an old man to care for.
edit on 24-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
My sister is expected to provide care. She has to email a picture of her thermometer to her boss every morning.

Her agency has a checklist of stuff she has to do to protect the patient.

You should not be telling people not to take care of their patients if they have protocols in place and the supplies and equipment to do so.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It would help a great deal if greedy civilians would not hoard the kinds of equipment and supplies health care workers need.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Mine has none of that. All we do is call a number and say we've had no contact with anyone confirmed to have the coronavirus and that's literally it.

I'm also again not telling Aides to not do anything, I'm telling clients that can do without us to send us away for awhile as well as asking family to step up when and where possible to reduce exposure. I'm warning clients how some services aren't doing enough to ensure their safety.

I'm still doing my job. And I'm not telling people not to do theirs. Not once have I told or even insinuated Aides should stop working. There is no possible way to read what I said and come to that conclusion.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Amen to that

new topics

top topics

join