It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and your dumb phones!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't have a "smart" phone and NEVER will and other than convenience, I can't figure out why anyone else does?

I have said it before and will say it again....you people are perpetuating things for "them".
You CHOSE to let "them" see your location and all the other shiny whistles and bells you think were made to "help" you in daily life.

Who is "them"?
They are the people who are watching you, from google to government.
Do any of you even know who Edward Snowden is???

top public health adviser said Monday that officials want to know whether people are heeding their advice about keeping safe distances from each other during the novel coronavirus pandemic, including potentially using location data from cellphones.

Cellphones, she said, are a “potential source that I think is being explored in different places, so we’re looking into different options.”

ottawasun.com... 7ab0a

You ALLOW people to do know where you are at all times??
WTF???
Your phone is a spying device, why did you CHOOSE this???

Smart phones are in the possession of dumb people.
Yeah...I said it!!

edit on 24-3-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
I don't have a "smart" phone and NEVER will and other than convenience, I can't figure out why anyone else does?

I have said it before and will say it again....you people are perpetuating things for "them".
You CHOSE to let "them" see your location and all the other shiny whistles and bells you think were made to "help" you in daily life.

Who is "them"?
They are the people who are watching you, from google to government.
Do any of you know who Edward Snowden is???

top public health adviser said Monday that officials want to know whether people are heeding their advice about keeping safe distances from each other during the novel coronavirus pandemic, including potentially using location data from cellphones.

Cellphones, she said, are a “potential source that I think is being explored in different places, so we’re looking into different options.”

ottawasun.com... 7ab0a

You ALLOW people to do know where you are at all times??
WTF???
Your phone is a spying device, why did you CHOOSE this???

Smart phones are in the possession of dumb people.
Yeah...I said it!!

I miss them dial phones.

Try typing “LOL” on a dial...

Most people can’t remember REAL phones.

Have a lovely day anyway.

From another miserable old sod...

Hugs n stuff.

Lags
edit on 24-3-2020 by Lagomorphe because: Bugger it let’s swear... it’s the end of the world as we know it.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Yes, you should try you best to mitigate the personal information you allow on your phone.

But being able to carry the whole of human knowledge in your pocket is useful.

And the memes are fun too.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

But being able to carry the whole of human knowledge in your pocket is useful.

You have GOT to be kidding me, thats a bad excuse.

I never felt the need for worldy knowledge while buying a loaf of bread at the grocery store.
I also don't think anyone has the right to track me while i go to the grocery store to buy a loaf of bread.

I can't figure out why people allow this to be the new normal.

Again, you people and your dumb phones!!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I've got an old flip phone, I like it.

I try to avoid contributing to the algorithms whenever I can, there's just something so depressing about all of my interests, loves and hates being reduced to binary.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That is one disturbing article!
It's like everything that was once conspiracy is now openly discussed as fact.

Thanks for the link...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm pretty insignificant. I can't imagine why anyone would want to track me. I also don't have anything to hide so why fear "them"? As far as being spied on..I'm sure they have better things to do than listen to me through my mic. Lord forbid they catch me speaking baby talk to my German Shepherd or mumbling "leave me alone, woman!" when my GF can't hear me.
edit on 24-3-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thank you....I am trying to not be so appalled but this morning, I kind of puked in my mouth a little.

I feel I am surrounded by morons who chose this and can't stop playing with a piece of plastic for 5 minutes.
Thats why I put this in rant.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I remember rotary phones, you know those ones where it takes fifteen hours to dial 911.

maybe we should go back to that, firstly because the word 'smartphone' is a misnomer, and secondly to try to cripple chinas economy.

Its time to start a rebellion people.

edit on 24-3-2020 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The funny this is that you're posting this on a conspiracy forum with an unsecure connection. How's that for privacy?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros
They don't pick you exclusively to hear what your doing, your device automatically streams all audio and video while it has power and connection to the net and that stream is automatically recorded onto a server permanently.

You may not be of interest, but the files and archives on you exist nonetheless. If any of your relatives in the future want to dissent or seek leadership roles contrary to the choices of the existing establishment, then you wi become of interest, even long after passing. So long as the enemy can use anything you said or your views from the past against your descendent your daily life poses a threat. All that needs to happen to kill the validity of any future delegate is to bring up controversy from a relatives past, blast it into the face of the slave zombie horde in Media 24/7, and they will like the good puppets many are proving to be right this moment all reject any viable candidate.

I mean they could literally pick any random person in America today, grab a random out of text quote that already exists archived on servers, and the msm could paint you as tomorrow's terrorist.

You tell me who will believe you are innocent, when everything the magic box says is God's gospel of truth. If they say be afraid, everyone will be afraid. If they say everyone be angry, everyone will be angry. When your arrested and hauled off to a black site, they tell everyone to rejoice, and everyone will as the alleged threat is gone.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

The funny this is that you're posting this on a conspiracy forum with an unsecure connection. How's that for privacy?

LOL! Truth! By the way DRF, don't think for a second that your calls aren't tracked on your dumb phone. I have a friend that worked for a three-letter agency for a long time. Back in the late 80s he told me the NSA is listening to EVERY phone call made or received in the US, and probably elsewhere too. Today? Wow, can you imagine the hard drive space it takes to store all of our communication? You have to assume everything you say or do is being tracked by someone or something, no matter how irrelevant you think you are.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

don't think for a second that your calls aren't tracked on your dumb phone.

I don't have a dumb phone.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Is already happening in Israel, they've got 30 days to monitor everyone infected or anyone who has come in contact with an infected person. People tried to oppose this but with no effect link

Now the plan was not only to follow, record and restrain those who are suppose to be at home in quarantine, but also to notify anyone who came in contact with an infected person to stay at home until verified. What happened next is that a lot of fake "infected notice" flooded the net making this whole thing a big joke. My elder son also got one who proved to be fake.
Also the means of monitoring people are on their phone; my first thought was what will stop an infected person who wants to go out by any means to leave the phone at home?

Is a mess all around; they have no idea how to deal with this other than messing our life completely.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Your phone doesn't need to be a smart phone to be tracked. Almost all cars made within the last decade or so have trackers built into them. Anything you do on the internet is tracked. You're almost always on camera. And there is a plethora of other technology around you, including others' devices that can track you.

Smart phones are not really a concern for me anymore.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Do you have any kids? I do and I have neices and nephews. Those kids live on Tic Toc, Instagram, and Twitter. Every single kid from age 8-18 will have their own words from their past to worry about if they ever decide to run for office. My kids won't have to worry about what my dumbass might have said.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Those kids live on Tic Toc, Instagram, and Twitter.

(sigh)

Great!!

Is this what we want to teach kids??
I'd prefer to teach them good work ethic and to like nature.

Tech is making us dumb, don't perpetuate it by teaching kids that twitter,tik toc, facebook and instagram are an essential part of their lives.
I see 6 year olds with their own dumb phones and i want to smack the parents when I see that.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
But it's ok if it's in your house sitting on a desk.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: HalWesten

don't think for a second that your calls aren't tracked on your dumb phone.

I don't have a dumb phone.

Let me rephrase. ANY phone you use, wired, wireless, IP, it's all tracked.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

What do you mean "You People"?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join