It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the next step when not if people start to refuse to cooperate with covid lockdowns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Your post gave flashbacks to more than one person here for sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Easier to find a cure for Coronavirus than your TDS.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: Plotus

You should lock yourself in your house so everyone else can get on with their lives and go back to work and raise their families and not live in fear that some old person that’s in horrible health may die like they would with the flu anyways.

At some point people will start going around and touching everything in the supermarkets just to piss off people like you that want everyone’s rights taken away because you live in fear. I wouldn’t doubt it’s already happening as a prank like other stupid pranks like sucker punching random people in public, which have absolutely no reasoning behind it. Removing people’s freedom and rights is a whole different animal.
You would not be missed........ lol, it just occurred to me our audience and posters have been overwhelmed with juveniles since school has suspended temporarily

You should try harder next time you go for an insult cause you suck at it.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
find out for yourself what the difference is between this virus and a flu.

Why do TDS sufferers always respond with irrelevant OT nonsense when asked a direct question?

trump does a lousy job, and especially in such a crisis the country doesn't need aimless egomaniacs but conscientious leadership.

I think he's doing a great job - not perfect no - for one, he should have never appointed the dinosaur doctor turned politician (Fauci) to head this thing, but rather someone like Dr. SHIVA, who understands the modern view of the immune system...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Martial law forced lock-down? Over a mild flu? This is insanity.

We're not there yet - and hearing rumblings from the Donald that we aren't headed there, rather the opposite. He specifically said "We can't let the cure be worse than the problem," - no, methinks he'll start injecting a little sanity back into the equation - and maybe/hopefully he'll fire Dr. Fauci too (one can hope).

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I would consider heeding the warnings to self isolate as prompted by the medical community

No thanks. I don't take orders from the Medical Mafia.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Honestly at this point young people going to the beach and having parties is to be expected. Kids (and anyone younger than mid 30s is a kid to me) are naturally rebellious for the most part and they are usually extremely social creatures needing social interaction like the rest of us need water and air. Every news report has stated that the COVID-19 virus is NOT deadly to them unless they have underlying medical conditions. In my opinion being young and being told to stay home is the equivalent of being "grounded" just because your sibling got into trouble even though you did nothing wrong.

I believe that the longer this situation goes on the chances grow for others to join the young people in "rebellion" by ignoring "shelter in place" orders and attending gatherings but I doubt it progresses any farther- people can talk a lot of bravado from behind their keyboards but when push comes to shove they have what my mama always called an "alligator mouth with a hummingbird ass".

For myself I am mid 50s, a heart patient, diabetic and mildly asthmatic so I'm staying home as much as possible for my own protection while my oldest daughter and grandchild are leaving on vacation tomorrow (taking advantage of cheap air fares) because they are not high risk- and I'm cool with that as long as they stay far away from me!

My only concern about the young people gathering is that I'm sure that a percentage of them probably have underlying conditions that they are unaware of that make them vulnerable and I'd hate to see young lives end before they've even really begun just because they're afraid their social lives are lagging during this time.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

And you choose to put everybody at risk through your choice to spread contamination ?
To answer your question... Put them in forced isolation. Take that however you want.

back the boat up there skippy

that is a damn nice piece of emotional fear mongering propaganda but sadly lacking in FACTS.

lets look at just ONE FACT comparison shall we?

this year alone the "common" flu (influenza family to be precise) effects the elderly and medically compromised .
it also has killed OVER 11 THOUSAND people this year and the season is not over yet (which means there will be more).

the current to date (as of 2:42am CST) is 582

hmmm we have had before discovery of covid19 over 11 THOUSAND DEATHS in a few months and NOT ONE WORD, shutting down schools, destroying peoples businesses and jobs, restricting (under penalty of law) peoples interactions and travels.

now to be fair when a new unknown disease is started in another country to suspend travel is prudent UNTIL the facts come in.

it is prudent (as done in regular flu season) to put warning and specific restrictions (like limit or stop visits at nursing homes/hospitals/ect).

but the HARD NUMBERS on corvid19 are not even a tenth of the common flu.

btw same stat puts total cases at 46,145. which means the HARD DATA on mortality rate is less than 1 percent..to be totally accurate .01 percent.

now yes both numbers will go up..
but given the ratio to date no where near gonna match the ratio (much less numbers) that the COMMON FLU.

so to be even more anti PC ...
if you die from the flu.. not a peep no matter how many
if you die from the corvid19.... it is everyone fault who didnt give up their jobs, educations, businesses , freedom in name of "public safety"

I hate to point out FACTS.. but here they are

scrounger

ps I hope for no ones death and do have elderly relatives...
but you cannot stop death and you cannot live in fear

Well said my friend well said

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Your purpose is to insult? That defines your importance..... well I concede, you can be the winning insult. And your legacy follow you always.

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Shoot them like the rabid dogs they are! /s

Stupid egocentrics! Stop thinking for yourselves, think about your grandparents, Idiots!

Settle down champ.

Some people respond differently to unusual circumstances and may well be in a denial phase which is a coping mechanism

The original post was sarcasm , I do believe .
Unfortunately , your is not.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I would give it the 2 weeks most people will be placated by the stimulus package but after that money is spent and gone they will begin to get rowdy ... now cities and rural folks will be different supply chains are not endless, truck drivers will get sick. My concern is the cities if the suplly chains sre interrupted for more then the 3 day rule.

If even one city breaks out in riots .. much like the TP situation/bandwagon expect rule of law to break down as well

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: oloufo

Easier to find a cure for Coronavirus than your TDS.

trump is a virus itself and you are infected by it. fortunately this virus is not very intelligent and will destroy itself.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Shoot them like the rabid dogs they are! /s

Stupid egocentrics! Stop thinking for yourselves, think about your grandparents, Idiots!

do you feel the same way for those with the common flu?

you know that caused over 61 thousand deaths last year/season and now over 11 thousand this season?

sorry cant seem to find you calling for the actions taken for corvid19 or "shoot them like the rabid dogs they are" in years past or even beginning of this flu season

hmmmmm?

scrounger

why do you trumpists always have to spread the same nonsense? it's so boring and small-minded.

Your argument is immediately lost when you use a term like "Trumpist". The nonsense is being spread by both sides, by small-minded people on both sides. Your side however has its own issues as we've seen in the current version of the bill containing a lot of things completely irrelevant to helping people and businesses survive.

Regardless, we can't use current Flu stats vs current CV19 stats because the timeframe and exposure rate is completely different. The Flu stats mean ZERO as far as justifying being around others in public right now, the CV19 has only been an issue for a few months so we have no idea what the final numbers will be, or when. That comparison needs to stop on both sides.

I think most of us supporting the sequestration right now are doing so because we know how fast this virus spreads between humans and we do not want our healthcare systems to get even more overwhelmed than they are right now. The only reason some areas are being forced to do so is because of people who will not use common sense. I was a rebel when I was a teenager too, but when it comes to my health or the health of my family, common sense has to win. Sadly a lot of people don't think that way and they are the problem, not those of us who are willing to do what's right for the rest. The attitude of "FU authority figures, I'll do what I want!" have a place and a time but it's not right now, and no one's rights have to be squashed for us to do the right thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Do not challenge my authority.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Fine the # out of them. 200$ for breaking the quarantine

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
No matter the truth behind all this one fact remains no matter what we do our world will not be the same when it's over even if we remained the only country unaffected most jobs would be gone all the same because our economy is the world economy and the world just crashed

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Frankly your attitude might just be your undoing and contaminate you with the virus. I would consider heeding the warnings to self isolate as prompted by the medical community before you find out too late the folly of your cavalier attitude and choices. And because you owe it those innocent of your apathy.

hmmm "owe it those innocent of your apathy"

you do know that last year 61 THOUSAND (that includes the elderly and medically compromised) DIED last year from the "common flu" in the USA right?
the year before it was 72 thousand.
with other years similar numbers right?
but show me where YOU PERSONALLY or anyone for that matter called for the actions being taken for the corvid19 virus that has killed in the USA LESS THAN 600
that isnt even 1/100th of the deaths from the flu just last year.

so i guess a corvid victim life is worth more than even a thousand who died from the "common flu"

oh the hypocrisy and emotional rants are strong

scrounger

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Your reply so far is the most rational one yet. I'm 46 and have 3 autoimmune diseases, my boyfriend has super high blood pressure, lung issues and a not very good heart (he's 46 also). Both of us have high odds of getting the worst of this virus and perhaps dying of it. We can't stay at home as our jobs are essential.

So when folks say, "It's only the elderly and immuno-compromised who die", they're saying that the old and those ages birth to death (0-125 years) with little to no immune systems are nothing special, don't matter and 'meh if they die. At least I will be safe and okay'.

I'm in the "It's only" group and I kinda am pretty grossed out by fellow Americans who can't see past their own invincibility and instead show the ability to be there for us so we can live.

But it's okay because "It wOnT HaPpEn tO MeEeEe"

rock on with your health assed selves. A 12 year old in Georgia just died from Covid. And in Texas a 16/17 year old is on a respirator. But hey. You're invincible!!!!!

Love, one of the "It's Only" Ones
edit on 3 26 2020 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Your reply so far is the most rational one yet. I'm 46 and have 3 autoimmune diseases, my boyfriend has super high blood pressure, lung issues and a not very good heart (he's 46 also). Both of us have high odds of getting the worst of this virus and perhaps dying of it. We can't stay at home as our jobs are essential.

So when folks say, "It's only the elderly and immuno-compromised who die", they're saying that the old and those ages birth to death (0-125 years) with little to no immune systems are nothing special, don't matter and 'meh if they die. At least I will be safe and okay'.

I'm in the "It's only" group and I kinda am pretty grossed out by fellow Americans who can't see past their own invincibility and instead show the ability to be there for us so we can live.

But it's okay because "It wOnT HaPpEn tO MeEeEe"

rock on with your healthy arsed selves. A 12 year old in Georgia just died from Covid. And in Texas a 16/17 year old is on a respirator. But hey. You're invincible!!!!!

Love, one of the "It's Only" Ones

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I am gonna start a thread on the very question that many (if not all ) are thinking but dont want to talk about.

what is the government (local, county, state and federal) when people finally look at the REAL NUMBERS (death and infected) of the corvid19 virus and also how they compare with the "common flu" vs the actions (for most part OVERKILL) they are taking.

when they see how their education, freedom , and economic situation is being harmed and in many cases destroyed.

when , not if they decide to say "no more" and "enough is enough"

we are already starting to see this in US with examples like the spring break on the beaches and the house parties in chicago.

At least in IL we are seeing a taste of what could be called martial law comming
Look into the decree our gov has put out telling (not suggesting) what WE THE PEOPLE will do / not do and that law enforcement will enforce it .

hell just announced on chicago radio (890 to be specific) that if you hold a house party ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY of over 10 people it will be
"broken up" and "if you dont comply you will face legal consequences (aka ARRESTED) "

we also have news stories of mayors and governors calling for more drastic actions.

I know it sounds paranoid but given what is happening in IL, CA and NYC alone I cannot dismiss further martial law measures and full blown enforcement (be by local law , guard or military) "for our own heath/good"

what do you all think

scrounger

i think riots we have already had them here when police try to stop party's and people gathering it will get to the point when more start to riot and i think thats when they will bring in the rest of the controls they already have planned

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join