It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona scare is about people wanting to feel unity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I can't find any other logical reason for it. The statistics don't fit with the whole "crisis". Even the worst hit places, like Italy, aren't really that badly hit.

I think a lot of people, individually, on a grass roots level, has wanted this to be thought of as a crisis. Because they need one so they have a way to talk with and relate to everyone around them.

Out on the streets, I see an unprecedented level of neighbors out talking with each other. Everyone I encounter is wishing me safety from the virus, and wanting to show support and have support shown.

It's psychologically very good, in a lot of ways.

Economically....... ehhhh.... probably not quite so good.

I want to blame the press, but how hard is it to fool people who already wanted to be fooled?

Do you think this is why it was so easy to get people to believe in 911? Or the false flags that set off Vietnam or even WWII?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

They are disconnecting people in their 60's from ventilators in Italy and now Spain to let them die so that they can treat someone younger. Hospitals are overwhelmed, healthcare is breaking down. It isn't over yet and it is just starting here.

You have not seen anything yet.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I guess you haven't seen any of the videos showing the hospitals in Italy; they're overwhelmed with patients, and are running out of supplies. It can't get a whole lot worse there.

Watch the UK; they thought the best thing to do was let it run its course, and now they're realizing the magnitude of what is happening. It's going to get ugly there, too.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'd have to see a source for that. The disease is less than 1% fatal in younger people. Only 4 to 5% fatal for over 60, 8% over 70, and then 21% over 80.

I can see disconnecting someone over 80, or someone with complications so severe they stand no chance of survival.

However, It looks like the outlook is brighter than the past (when they had gotten caught off guard.)

www.worldometers.info...

Only 6% of present cases are considered serious. Although from closed cases, death and recovery were in nearly equal numbers.

Hard to say which way things will go. Have to wait until a few more people reach the estimated recovery time, and then hope they bother to call their doctors and tell them.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I guess you haven't seen any of the videos showing the hospitals in Italy; they're overwhelmed with patients, and are running out of supplies. It can't get a whole lot worse there.

Watch the UK; they thought the best thing to do was let it run its course, and now they're realizing the magnitude of what is happening. It's going to get ugly there, too.

That's called "Cherry picking". A reporter can make anything look "out of control!!!! "

Just pick the right hospital on the right day. The sick don't arrive in an even flow, so there are going to be periodic "traffic jams"

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I feel no unity and do not care. Unless I get it it has no impact on my life. I do like that the borders are locked down finally. If the US sucks so bad then don't come here. If Trump sucks so bad then don't vote for him. If you think Biden has the master plan then vote for him. I honestly do not give a #.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

They are disconnecting people in their 60's from ventilators in Italy and now Spain to let them die so that they can treat someone younger. Hospitals are overwhelmed, healthcare is breaking down. It isn't over yet and it is just starting here.

You have not seen anything yet.

Yet , I just heard on the news (about 15 minutes ago) life is returning to normal in Wuhan

Wizard's First Rule
The Wizard Zed on how most magic works

Wizard's First Rule
Terry Goodkind , from the book of the same name.

Scroll down

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You know I was thinking about this, people were already willing to half*** be apart from one another, as I stood in the food store I thought of this, will it bring us closer or what? I just don't see people changing and they'll be for the worse I think.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I feel no unity and do not care. Unless I get it it has no impact on my life. I do like that the borders are locked down finally. If the US sucks so bad then don't come here. If Trump sucks so bad then don't vote for him. If you think Biden has the master plan then vote for him. I honestly do not give a #.

Agreed, I still don't understand how so many people think that the US is so bad but still want to come here.
Or how many people hate where they come from but then they get here and expect us to change and be like the place that they just had to get away from because it was so horrible.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

I can't find any other logical reason for it. The statistics don't fit with the whole "crisis". Even the worst hit places, like Italy, aren't really that badly hit.

Well...just wait. Cases in the USA are rising pretty rapidly, almost exponentially. This is about tests and test results becoming available. The number of cases will continue to rise.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I see a lot of talk about unity and togetherness, but not many actually acting on it or sharing their ideas for the tools that might enable it.

Maybe thats the "thing" with the internet? It makes it seem that just talking about it, and the subsequent likes & shares, has taken the place of.. everything else.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

If a large enough percentage of a group that works in say an airport control tower get a debilitating pneumonia then there might be problems.

If a precinct gets hit, a hospital, or even just the sanitation workers in a small city it would be bad.

If most precincts and hospitals and airports get hit with a worse case infection of this virus then they will not be able to work and then we could start to see larger problems brewing as a consequence.

There are varying strains of the Covid 19 virus already. Thats why a vaccine will not be available until much later.

If the core of any vital sector of society is unable to perform its function for a couple of weeks it could have life altering and generational problems as a consequence.

Added-The NYPD is reporting today that they are starting to see an alarming number of officers sick at home with many more probably infected and on their way eventually.

Its going to take a riot or just a couple of weeks before those cops are back at work.

This has not yet even started.
edit on 24-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

Well...just wait. Cases in the USA are rising pretty rapidly, almost exponentially. This is about tests and test results becoming available. The number of cases will continue to rise.

I've been watching and checking every day. I just don't see what you're seeing.

www.worldometers.info...

You should look specifically at WA. That's where it started in the USA. No new cases or deaths today. (3/24/20)

They've had it the longest, and so that would be where people will start to recover the earliest.

originally posted by: HelloboysImbackguy

If a large enough percentage of a group that works in say an airport control tower get a debilitating pneumonia then there might be problems.

Only a small percentage of younger people ever get hit with anything "debilitating".

The problem is just that, once someone has it, they need to stay home just to stop it spreading.

It would be a grim choice to have to make if a vital sector had it, though. Give up an essential service? Or let the disease kill all the vulnerable people in the area?

Or maybe they'd just put protective barriers around the work area.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The symptoms vary from asymptomatic, mild or sever because we are each a new immune system for the virus to compromise. Also some strains are more severe than others.

The virus itself is RNA based and so changes very slightly after copying itself over and over in each new host.

Each time it mutates the changes made are insignificant. Added together after many generations of the virus infecting, replicating, and fighting the hosts immune system those changes become pronounced enough to determine differences in strains of the virus.

I am no expert and this is just what I think /know.

Usually it becomes more infectious and less severe on the host. It wants to spread not kill. Thats usually the way the natural process dictates evolution.

Sometimes though, a virus can be refined either naturally or artificially to have both a large viral load that packs more virus into the hosts secretions causing greater infections of others as well as having a severe and deteriorating effect on the host.

IMO it sounds like the CCP virus acts a lot like a biological weapon would. Highly lethal at first and decreasingly so as time passes until the virus is benign and the affected area is clear for habitation.

I dont know but I dont think anyone should take any unnecessary risks with pandemics. Historically they can be huge erasers.

edit on 24-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You're probably not going to see it on the internet.

My job takes me out in public. I'm just commenting on what I've observed. In person, people seem to be reaching out to try and feel a connection. Feel a little bit less uncertain. Every time I see a pair of people come into contact, about 35% of them, or so, strike up a conversation. Rather than just walk on by each other.

There are an insane number of people out walking their dogs. I hope they clean up after them!!!!!!

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I see a lot of talk about unity and togetherness, but not many actually acting on it or sharing their ideas for the tools that might enable it.

Maybe thats the "thing" with the internet? It makes it seem that just talking about it, and the subsequent likes & shares, has taken the place of.. everything else.

originally posted by: HelloboysImbackguy

Each time it mutates the changes made are insignificant. Added together after many generations of the virus infecting, replicating, and fighting the hosts immune system those changes become pronounced enough to determine differences in strains of the virus.

If it's artificial, then I would think its DNA would be kind of unstable. And if that's what's making it mutated then there's no saying that it's necessarily going to be getting stronger from it.

Who knows? It might even be getting weaker. Or gradually regressing toward whatever form it had originally, before the engineering.

If the long delay between infection and symptoms were imbued upon it on purpose, then that hopefully won't last through too many mutations.

And I can't imagine how it would have gained that trait naturally if it comes from bats. Since when do bats know about infection patterns? Or use quarantines?

The trait would be useless in a bat population.

I am no expert and this is just what I think /know.

Usually it becomes more infectious and less severe on the host. It wants to spread not kill. Thats usually the way the natural process dictates evolution.

Sometimes though, a virus can be refined either naturally or artificially to have both a large viral load that packs more virus into the hosts secretions causing greater infections of others as well as having a severe and deteriorating effect on the host.

IMO it sounds like the CCP virus acts a lot like a biological weapon would. Highly lethal at first and decreasingly so as time passes until the virus is benign and the affected area is clear for habitation.

I dont know but I dont think anyone should take any unnecessary risks with pandemics. Historically they can be huge erasers.

I didn't know about the tendency for bioweapons to become more benign over time. I guess it makes sense (and it would explain how China isn't completely overrun with it by now.)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That's the same site I've been following since January. Either you aren't reading numbers correctly or you're not updating. Cases are doubling about every 4 to 5 days. The curve is still moving upwards.

When our "r" gets to below 1, that's when the curve will go down and we can ease a bit.

top topics

join