It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the changes you have made [ N19COVID restrictions // lockdown ]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
hi all - last nigh - hear [ UK ] our " emminent " prime minister anounced new measurese - now backed up by legal authority - to restrict services and travel to help the nation weather the N19COVID situation

its now 02:00 - and due to sleep cycles - i is up and needs coffee [ no change there ]

no i is a coffee snob - and likes real coffee - so that means whole beans - and a grinder in the kitchen [ grind on demand ]

my favourite coffee - is of course expensive - but due to logistics - i now have a bigger stash of beans > 1kg - than the pre-grounded " acceptable " store bought aribica [ one 500g pack ]

mindful that my grinder - coffe machine is dependant on the electric grid

- i now has a nother pouch of beans open - and am using my best " special occassion coffee " - for just drinking

- and it hit me - my first real attitude shift - in the face of crisis

appollogies - for rambling so long to get to the point

but what is other ATS members changes ?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I now have the refreshing change of not having to explain to people why I'm locked away in my house for weeks doing nothing.

Since that's what everyone has to do now, that makes my actions "normal".

So that's been nice.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm in the US and no national lockdown yet but been already acting like it. I'm minimizing store trips, buying more long-shelf-life groceries, and stashing up on wine. Gotta have that stuff once in a while. Be sad if I ran out.

I have not stocked up on TP to the extreme like so many other Americans appear to be doing.

I'm not making a big deal of it emotionally or anxiously because being afraid doesn't really solve anything, but the whole thing is uncomfortable. There were some trips I had planned and those are scrubbed for a later date.

I'm playing the old surfer kid card--go with the flow, hang loose, chill out, do my best to help my folks and other older people I know with advice and info as much as I can.

The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is attitude, and I'm not going to let this crisis defeat me. I feel for the people who are suffering from it, and those in need of urgent care, but I'm not sacrificing my well being to the dang bug. If I get it, I'll try to stay as positive as I can to beat that thing down.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

My U.S. state has been on "lockdown" for a week. Not much difference here in town, though. Everyone is visiting the stores that are open, taking walks, etc.. The biggest change for us is "drive through only" for restaurant food. Some miss the bars being closed 24/7 too, I imagine. But the liquor stores are doing a brisk business.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I am hyper alert to the reality that our leadership has failed. The only decisions that are being made now are the easy ones, vis a vis, restrict everything, regardless of the actual circumstances.

I fully expect that no new legislation providing the authorities power to detain, will ever be repealed.

Also, I have significantly less respect for the general public than I previously had.

Beyond that.....nothing else has changed......except now I don't have any income and probably won't for many years to come.

On a positive note, I have started making my own all grain beer. I have enough pale malt, crystal malt and hops to last me about 12months.

edit on 23 3 2020 by myselfaswell because: beer chat

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Id say my biggest difference was that I made parts lists for all the projects I had planned, all of em, and got it.

I usually just kinda go along and take it project by project, jumping around when I run into a block (like waiting for a part).

Already disabled, so the whole housebound thing isnt new. It can be very difficult though, Ive never really gotten used to it.. I just deal with it.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
I now have the refreshing change of not having to explain to people why I'm locked away in my house for weeks doing nothing.

So that's been nice.

Yup, here too.

I've been living the quiet life here for almost two decades.

I live near France's "prettiest village" (self proclaimed) and quietly giggle to myself at all the entitled British narcissists who live and visit here who now cannot swan around chatting bllx all day to other people who talk bllx. I imagine they are floundering and relying on phones and emails.

"Je Ne Regrette Rien".
edit on 23/3/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

So that's been nice.

Yup, here too.

I've been living the quiet life here for almost two decades.

I live near France's "prettiest village" (self proclaimed) and quietly giggle to myself at all the entitled British narcissists who live and visit here who now cannot swan around chatting bllx all day to other people who talk bllx. I imagine they are floundering and relying on phones and emails.

"Je Ne Regrette Rien".

My French village is prettier than yours 🤪

We are lucky that all the entitled retired narcissists have all buggered off back to the U.K.

Utter bliss here out in the countryside.

30 years I have been here now and feel more French than British.

Vive la France...

Otherwise, doing a lot more gardening since the lock down

Lags
edit on 24-3-2020 by Lagomorphe because: Gardening

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

The "pretty village" isn't my village, I am smarter than that and wouldn't waste the money on the rediculous taxes they have to pay for the priviledge of being snobs. I (used to) walk to the bars though.

Nice to hear someone else is also reaping the rewards of making a very sensible move.

I'm digging and planting like mad too.

Actually, NO. I'm doing things at the same leisurely pace I always have.

Have fun, be well and enjoy.

top topics

join