It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate to treat coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Are you fricken kidding me?! How is this news worth mentioning? They had a piss-poor Doctor or were very stupid. I just read the headline . . . didn't bother reading the OP. People need to use their brain and not do stupid poop.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nonnez

i believe a big clue is the term :

" self medicating "

from the thread title

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It’s worth mentioning, because this chemical has been touted as a possible cure, by important people on tv.

What they did was dumb, but it’s suddenly in the news.
Now some folks are having a hard time getting it for things like Lupus.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Xtrozero

yes - alchahol - and other chemicals - kill viral pathogens [ and bacteria etc etc ] - but at the concentration needed - they also kill you

concentrated suplhicric acid [ battery electrolyte ] kills pathogens - are you going to drink that ????????????

get a grip

Hmmm sulfuric acid? You just gave me an idea...

So a funny story...back in the day I flew all over the world to really bad places, places like where ice or raw veggies would make you very sick etc... So we just drank everything with liquor, never got sick in these nasty places for 30 years.... just saying ..lol

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem I am so sorry, Im stoned too, but who is counting, If I could count right now.
I promise i will get over myself soon and i will behave and go back to work. But Im an old lady and I kinda think Ive either earned it or it might be my last chance. I admit to singing this a few too many times. lol www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

yes - alchahol - and other chemicals - kill viral pathogens [ and bacteria etc etc ] - but at the concentration needed - they also kill you

concentrated suplhicric acid [ battery electrolyte ] kills pathogens - are you going to drink that ????????????

get a grip

Hmmm sulfuric acid? You just gave me an idea...

So a funny story...back in the day I flew all over the world to really bad places, places like where ice or raw veggies would make you very sick etc... So we just drank everything with liquor, never got sick in these nasty places for 30 years.... just saying ..lol

Mate of mine did that in some Asian backwater, had a beer with every meal and wasnt sick in 3 weeks unlike the rest of his party.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
It’s worth mentioning, because this chemical has been touted as a possible cure, by important people on tv.

Aquarium cleaner has not been touted as a possible cure. I haven't seen anyone telling people to drink aquarium cleaner.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Hey George Conway, should you really take advice from a Lady who did something this stupid? It's like Jackass the Movie has become real.

You can't fix stupid, no matter how hard you try.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Aquarium cleaner has not been touted as a possible cure. I haven't seen anyone telling people to drink aquarium cleaner.

Probably just the people drinking bleach to fight the virus..........

Wait till they try Drano.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

My grandmother was a Medicine Woman and she had a very successful practice. She used roots and herbs for many treatments. She had people that would travel long distances for treatment because she was known to provide treatments that worked. She also was a piano teacher, but she made no income from either.

I just wish she had lived long enough to have taught me the old ways. I have worked in nursing for over 40 years. There is a lot of science in the old ways, just no money, then or now.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Probably just the people drinking bleach to fight the virus..........

Wait till they try Drano.

Its been too long that we been holding back Darwin.... Talk about culling the herd, didn't know all you need to do is tell people that Drano will cure them to reduce population, and oh might as well add as a kicker.... It will also make you a sexual tyrannosaurus...lol

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I bet he was one of those "homemade" doctors here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

FFS - the idiots dont tell each other to drink bleach - that would be silly

they tell each other to pump it up thier kids arses - to " cure teh autizms "

which of course is uttterly sensible

warning - any one who thinks the above is a good idea - please shove a red hot poker up your own arse first

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Wasn't what they used the fish aquarium cleaner, which would mean additives were probably what killed him if they managed to get the dosage correct.

Darwin strikes again..

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonnez
Are you fricken kidding me?! How is this news worth mentioning? They had a piss-poor Doctor or were very stupid. I just read the headline . . . didn't bother reading the OP. People need to use their brain and not do stupid poop.

No doctor...they drank their Aquarium cleaner solution.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Kind of weird, I looked at a number of these products and see the same chemicals as below exactly in all of them. So I'm not sure what they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

She had it on hand for a koi pond, not an aquarium additive, so Trump's irresponsible rhetoric is now killing off his own supporters who have faith in what he says no matter how absurd.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

She had it on hand for a koi pond, not an aquarium additive, so Trump's irresponsible rhetoric is now killing off his own supporters who have faith in what he says no matter how absurd.

wrong 350 people already getting better, whats the matter you want people to die?www.thegatewaypundit.com... z-paks-video/

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

How is that Trump's fault? When did he say fish parasite treatments cure corona? If drinking booze was a cure could we expect people to die from drinking gasoline because their liquor store was closed? After all E85 is 170 proof.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
To clarify, they didn't ingest "fish tank cleaner." They imbibed a chloroquine sulfate that is used as a medication for aquariums to treat a disease called ich. The issue is not a matter of the incorrect drug. It was, without a doubt, chloroquine sulfate. We almost certainly don't know what the issue was as there is very little data given in the article. If they purchased the powdered form, the dose for base chloroquine is 3:5 ratio with what's in the prescriptions sold by pharmacies. 300mg of base powder is equal to a 500mg salt form tablet. I suspect they did not do the correct math and assumed a 1:1 ratio and overdosed.

The typical dosing (Salt form) for malaria prophylaxis is 500mg per week. The dose for treatment of someone with an active case of malaria is 1000mg on day 1 (divided) followed by 500mg per day for 4 days.

The chinese government published a study indicating that they were treating patients with severe Covid-19 cases with 500mg twice daily for 10 days.

Assuming they took the base instead of salt form, the dose they may have ingested would have been 60% more than the extremely high dose China is proposing. Very unsafe indeed.
edit on 24-3-2020 by 59demon because: Clarified

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join