It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Bill is "Tremendous Opportunity to Restructure Things to Fit Our Vision"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: face23785

Declare a national emergency.

Shut down businesses contributing to that emergency, like fossil fuel industry.

easy peasy

Oh it's that easy. And they haven't done it before why? Is there a law somewhere that says the Republicans have to set a precedent before the Democrats can do it?

C'mon man, you used to think a lot more critically.

first off, i wouldnt be surprised to see some of this very pelosi bill you see here make it into the final republican approved one. So the idea they wont use fear monerging in an emergency to pass green new bill stuff is not true.

Since when have they needed an emergency to pass sweeping garbage that infringes on rights? They've done it before, on all kinds of things, like the ACA, gun control, to name a few.

What I'm saying is the idea that they needed some kind of precedent of a declaration of emergency, or even an emergency at all, in order to do such a thing is baseless. And you know it.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Boadicea

The evil left will crash an economy, kill thousands for power.

They are the evil authoritarian meat twinkies who did the same thing in the Soviet Union, they are the same authoritarian dirtbags who gassed the Jews, they are evil.

Quoted for truth.

It cannot be said too much.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
# all the politicians. Let them not pass anything and then they can watch the American people take their country back

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
# all the politicians. Let them not pass anything and then they can watch the American people take their country back

We have the ability to do so much more if only the politicians would get the #### out of the way.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I understand why this is being tried.

It's a question of capacity and nothing else. No one has it, not for what this has the potential to do without a means of viable and reliable treatment that works without needing sick patients to spend weeks in a hospital on a ventilator.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

We have the ability to do so much more if only the politicians would get the #### out of the way.

They will not get out of the way until we push them out of the way. That's for certain.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

They will not get out of the way until we push them out of the way. That's for certain.

People watch the campaign commercials and think they're hearing someone with determination. Then they get to Washington and Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell takes control of their minds.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Term limits.

originally posted by: carewemust

People watch the campaign commercials and think they're hearing someone with determination. Then they get to Washington and Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell takes control of their minds.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

That's true too. If government would stop helping, things would likely bounce back relatively quickly, and solutions would find their way to where they're needed most right now too.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Don't forget about "diversity." Evidently that means a lot to Dems too, but WTF does this have to do with passing a Bill that is aimed at helping the American people during this health/financial crisis?
freebeacon.com...

The Democrat party has weaponized language for years
to bring it to this boiling point. No one can have a discussion
and question their agenda without getting called a racist, sexist,
xenophobist, etc. Look at Hillary and her basket of deplorable
comments, she was attempting to capitalize upon her decades
of setting the stage with language traps.

Now we have to add in "diversity" ( whatever about lol)
climate change deniers, green new deal skeptics. It
will never end with these people, they want authoritarian
control and will not stop until they have it.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

The idea of cancellig student loan debt makes my blood boil. I had to put off buying my first house for YEARS because I was oaying my student loans. Vacations not taken, investments not made - and then others are going to get to compete for property and investments in the same world as me with that big of a handicap? No f'n way!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Paid off 65k last year, can't even claim it on my taxes as I make too much. Some would say that I'm rich, I beg to disagree, but I will admit I do well for myself. Every time this particular hand-out is mentioned it ticks me off in a special way. Why are they trying to reward people for falling for the scam of a useless degree that is worth less than the paper it's printed on? If you get a proper degree, one that's warranted in your field, it will pay for itself over time. For the folks that jumped on the bandwagon and got a useless piece of paper that cost them 100k, I have no sympathy at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
From Chula Vista, California:

Cops will start using DRONES fitted with night-vision cameras to patrol neighborhoods and catch people breaking stay-at-home rules

Located south of San Diego, the Chula Vista Police Department has invested in two drones that cost $11,000 each and plan to fit the devices with speakers and night vision cameras after last week Governor Gavin Newsom ordered residents to stay at home to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

'The outbreak has changed my view of expanding the program as rapidly as I can,' Captain Vern Sallee told the Financial Times.

'What we saw in China, and what we're probably going to see around the world, is using drones with cameras and loudspeakers to fly around to see if people are gathering where they shouldn't be, and telling them to go home,' Gore predicted. 'It seems a little Orwellian but this could save lives.'

Ya think? Since when is China our role model?

What could possibly go wrong???

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I will say this - If the Democrats get even half of the new regulatory measures they want in this bill to "stimulate" the economy? It will *never* recover post virus because it simply won't be able to.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Boris Johnson locks down the UK: Brits are banned from leaving home except for food, medical treatment, ONE exercise per day or 'essential' work... or police will issue FINES

Britain's 66million people are today beginning a new life in coronavirus lockdown after Boris Johnson ordered the immediate closure of all non-essential shops and threatened people with fines or even arrest if they do not 'stay at home'.

The Prime Minister's shutdown will last for a minimum of three weeks and the UK's new state of emergency is unprecedented in modern history.

Gatherings of more than two people will be banned in the most dramatic curbs on freedom ever seen in Britain in time of peace or war

Police will have powers to fine those who do not fall into line, and disperse any public gatherings, in measures to curb movement only seen during the Second World War. Historians have claimed you have to go back to 1666 to find when people were last forced to stay at home en masse, when Britons had to stay at home for 40 days to halt the spread of the Great Plague.

He said the government will be acting in three key ways to 'ensure compliance'.

• closing all shops selling non-essential goods,​ including clothing and electronic stores, and other premises including libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms, and places of worship;
  • stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public – excluding people you live with;
  • stopping all social events​, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies, but excluding funerals.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I will say this - If the Democrats get even half of the new regulatory measures they want in this bill to "stimulate" the economy? It will *never* recover post virus because it simply won't be able to.

Which would suit them just fine. The great equalizer, right?

You know... in that Animal Farm kind of "some are more equal than others" way.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Just heard about this in Santa Monica...

City to Fine Those Who Violate Emergency Coronavirus Orders

Those who violate orders to stay at home, shut down non-essential businesses, halt tenant evictions or keep away from the Santa Monica Pier during the coronavirus emergency face fines of as much as $1,000 per citation.

The screws are tightening.

Totally unConstitutional - I'd stand my ground and sue over this in a heartbeat.

I'm done rolling over. DONE.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Totally unConstitutional - I'd stand my ground and sue over this in a heartbeat.

I'm done rolling over. DONE.

Count me in there as well. And I'd start with a properly researched and cited defense prepared for myself to fight the citation/fine. And I would scream from the rooftops to get as much attention as possible. If I can't stop them, I can at least shine a big fat spotlight on their evil.

I made the decision to self-isolate because I know that I am one of the more vulnerable people for a few reasons. I looked at the facts and evidence as I know them, made my decision accordingly. I am doing for myself and by myself to protect myself. However, I damn well reserve the right to do exactly the opposite if I so chose. And I respect and reserve the rights of everyone to do the same.

A case can be made to restrict -- even quarantine -- those who are known to have been exposed and, of course, those with symptoms and confirmed diagnoses. The greater the risk, the greater the precautions must be. But with care and respect for our rights and needs, in the most minimalist manner possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Trump is in the process of placing the nails in the coffin of his presidential legacy. The centre of gravity in unfolding events is the insanity of congress repeating and increasing GFC type bailouts, fiscal and economic abuse. I have trouble foreseeing the U.S. not going off the fiscal cliff. The Coronavirus "rescue package" is likely akin to terminal cancer.

The only question is what flows on effects from this terminal illness is seen across the globe. The potential answers to this point fall beyond the scope of this topic, but it involves war not seen on a scale since WW2.

Where might the taxpayer funding assist in combating the virus? IMO, supplying 3D printers to convert existing manufacturing plants or create the production of medical supplies in garages. Newly unemployed people are a ready source of labour for logistics and manufacture of essential material.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

They have to let things go soon, but in the beginning, I said they can't realistically keep this in place for longer than one, maybe two incubation cycles -- 14 to 28 days tops, and 28 would be really stretching it.

It buys them time to try to ramp up production and get support systems in place with what they can restructure and do to handle the surge that will happen and then we'll all have to hope it was enough. Maybe the treatments will pan out and help even more.

But with this current stinker of a bill, our best hope at this point is gridlock to prevent it ever seeing the light of day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join