It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the " american way "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
bravo america - you have excelled yourself once again :

from BBC news

Mr Cuomo echoed concerns from officials throughout the country about states competing against each other for supplies amid widespread shortages.

“I’m bidding up other states,” he said. “California offers them $4, I offer $5, another state calls in and offers $6. It’s not the way to do it.”

The governor said he had spoken to Illinois Governor Jay Pritzker, who has also expressed anxiety about the state-by-state bidding war for desperately needed supplies, such as masks and ventilators.

Governor Cuomo said he had made progress in securing hundreds of thousands of items equipment - including masks, gloves and gowns.

yup - america at its finest - you cannot shoot it - so throw cash at it

and screw every one else

sorry mr cuomo - but you have developed a system where-in thats EXACTLY the way to do it

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
He’s not American he’s a Democrat they hate America .

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Got a link to your bias source?

I'll put a link of my own...
Source

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) called on the federal government Sunday to order the manufacturing of medical supplies, so states do not have to battle each other to get access.

You're report is old fake news...
Sorry sport...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It’s a inbred part of being a Democrat. Blame America first, lavishly praise communist countries a reply to: Fallingdown

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Seems to me this is a good job for all the seamstresses who have been put out of business or just a job. Face masks, gowns, caps -- all are fairly simple and quick to sew up. And lots of people have time on their hands.

And what a way to unite together... fight together... and take care of each other together. The true American way.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

my link = BBC world news - i state that in my OP

so not biased

further - its todays feed - so not old

and lastly - your link confirms the veracity of mine

so congrats - you just debunked yourself

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Seems to me this is a good job for all the seamstresses who have been put out of business or just a job. Face masks, gowns, caps -- all are fairly simple and quick to sew up. And lots of people have time on their hands.

And what a way to unite together... fight together... and take care of each other together. The true American way.

I’ve been thinking about doing this myself.

But, where/how do you get the materials to make these items?

And, with so many out of work and worried about their finances, who pays for the materials to make these items, even if we donate our labor to assemble them?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I’ve been thinking about doing this myself. But, where/how do you get the materials to make these items? And, with so many out of work and worried about their finances, who pays for the materials to make these items, even if we donate our labor to assemble them?

At this point, it seems that materials will have to come out of one's pockets or existing supplies.

But I would love to see the states/feds make an effort to supply fabric and other supplies, even if they ask for people to donate their labor.

Tightly woven cottons, like sheeting, is the fabric I've seen recommended. I have also seen comments that using a tightly knit fabric for the inside of a face mask increases effectiveness.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I wouldnt believe anything that comes out of the governor of Illinois's mouth. We got some of the most corrupt politicians here. I think 4 of the last 7 governors went to prison.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
It’s a inbred part of being a Democrat. Blame America first, lavishly praise communist countries a reply to: Fallingdown

It's an inbred part of living in an unregulated free market economy; whoever can pay more can get better treatment. Democrats, Republicans, everybody in the economy takes part in it. The only way to avoid that is to have some regulation of the economy, which is what he is asking for.

This is a problem that is happening in America, who is supposed to solve it, Liechtenstein?

Please point to where, in that quote, Governor Como lavishly praised any other country, communist or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This is exactly why Trump just inacted some war time laws to take out the virus. I don’t remember all the details but it was covered in yesterday’s press conference. The federal government will be buying all supplies and then selling or giving them to the states so the competition will stop.

Yes it was a problem. But it is no longer a problem. You and the BBC are a couple of days late with this information.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Ummm...dayam...that gave me goosebumps...

"Faster than a speeding bullet...look...up in the air...its...its...

The American Way"...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

But Trump had dinner with Kim Jong........... He's a communist?!?!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: JAY1980

my link = BBC world news - i state that in my OP

so not biased

Did you type that with a straight face?
You can't seriously believe the BBC isn't biased.
Your naïveté is showing.

new topics

top topics

join