It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media, just over a month ago.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Here are links to some of the actual articles:

Get a grippe, America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now.

The flu has already killed 10,000 across US as world frets over coronavirus.

A deadly virus is spreading from state to state and has infected 26 million Americans so far. It's the flu.

Wuhan coronavirus is not yet a public health emergency of international concern, WHO says.

Biden slams Trump response to coronavirus epidemic: This is no time for "fearmongering".

Coronavirus task force another example of Trump administration's lack of diversity.

As usual, the Trump bashing was non-stop.

Apparently, that guy cant do anything right.

I just disagree with the idea that government can protect us from anything.

We know they would decimate healthcare.

Look no further than the VA as an example of government run "healthcare".

Why would people think they could handle the Coronavirus outbreak any better?

Where I do have to give the media credit is when they were actually introducing some sanity into the current situation.

I guess that was before they realized that they and their cohorts in government could use this as a way to help trample our rights and to help government steal more unconstitutional unlawful authority.

edit on 23-3-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Never waste a good crisis, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

And people still don’t see the absolute and utter planning of this???? Now our government is buying ALL debt public and private. The media isn’t reporting on that to heavy though. Government buying debt to save you hehe

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oprah’s gonna let us all in on a little survival session soon.

Be yourself!

# 1088

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thing is, we know the flu and what it does every year. Covid-19 is a brand new addition to what we already know and can handle.

It's a big addition to what our healthcare system has to deal with. And, it seems, is quickly becoming more than it can deal with. If we were ONLY dealing with coronavirus - no problem. But it is an ADDITION to everything else we normally have to deal with.

Not to mention it's many unknowns.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Agreed OP.
I'm not okay with handing our healthcare as a nation over to the same entities running the VA and the DMV...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The only outlet I've seen be somewhat sane is fox news. And I'm not even a news watcher. But if you look anywhere else it's all Trump bashing or severe fearmongering.

When I see most every outlet bash someone I like to know exactly why, and so far when I pay attention to what Trump ACTUALLY says and does it's vastly different than what most outlets are reporting. I really don't understand how people can be led so easily by The Feels.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

A deadly virus is spreading from state to state and has infected 26 million Americans so far. It's the flu.

I don't understand what the hell you're trying to do here.
Well okay I get it. But maybe how is telling the overwhelming
population of Americas morons that gonna help? When a wolf
scatters your herd of sheep you don't round em all up by
throw'n hand grenades. Or at least I don't!

SnF

Would you nuke a bonfire to put it out?

edit on 23-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
The only outlet I've seen be somewhat sane is fox news. And I'm not even a news watcher. But if you look anywhere else it's all Trump bashing or severe fearmongering.

When I see most every outlet bash someone I like to know exactly why, and so far when I pay attention to what Trump ACTUALLY says and does it's vastly different than what most outlets are reporting. I really don't understand how people can be led so easily by The Feels.

Even Fox has gone into "panic mode".

Saw an advert for a special on "Pandemics in History".

They're ginning up fear, same as everyone else.

Time to buy more toilet paper!!!

HURRY!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Thanks for making this OP.

I was writing about how the mainstream media was down playing this virus at first.

No one seemed to remember them down playing the virus.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

And people still don’t see the absolute and utter planning of this???? Now our government is buying ALL debt public and private. The media isn’t reporting on that to heavy though. Government buying debt to save you hehe

It's being called a "Plandemic" in certain circles of critical thinkers.

I'm convinced. SORRY!
You can dance around this and make it political or solely based on this virus crap all you want. Go for it.Those on the fence, or willfully oblivious, are going to be "awakened" very shortly.

The FED is gobbling up the world and sending out dollars to other foreign central banks so they can begin purchasing assets as well.

THIS IS A TAKE OVER.

FED President of the St. Louis Reserve said quite openly that, "This is a planned, organized partial shutdown of the U.S. economy in the second quarter.." Allluding to keeping things "whole", and deceitfully claiming, "..it's a huge shock and we are trying to cope with it and keep it under control."
www.marketwatch.com...

Puhhhhhhhlease!!

Not to mention his prediction of 30% unemployment!!

The GREATEST Depression is around the corner!!

Steve Mnuchin, Treasury Secretary, said yesterday that the lockdown could last up to 12 WEEKS!!
www.usnews.com...

A Treasury Secretary is making predictions that only medical professionals should!!???

WHERE THE HELL IS THE SURGEON GENERAL!??

We are all being pinned down and isolated while they suck us bone dry.😡

edit on 3/23/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It is funny that the left and media now bash Trump for not acting fast enough, yet they were bashing him for being paranoid before.

I think the left has a very short memory span, they need to start hiring someone to erase history if they are continuing to change their minds so often.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just over a month ago, New York City Health officials told people that coronavirus was nothing to be concerned about. To go ahead and attend their festivals.

summit.news...

I wonder how much person-to-person transmission of the virus occurred during all those large gatherings in New York City? Officials there have to take some self responsibility.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Just for arguments sake, what if most of those flu cases were actually the COVID - 19 virus?

A theory is that this virus was spreading before it even exploded in China. A lot of people are coming out with stories of being either really sick back in Nov. / Dec. or they knew someone who was, a neighbor of mine had a nasty, nasty cough for almost three weeks, could hear her inside her house!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Just for your consideration, how about herd immunity?

This is how we have survived all of these thousands of years right?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wait, that CNN headline calls it the "Wuhan coronavirus?"

That's racist!

OP, I'm gonna haveta steal some of those links. Too funny.
edit on 23 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I believe the end goal of the financial arena will be to replace the dollar. In the end they will say the system is broken and everyone has lost faith in the dollar.

Time for the amero ** hand wave**

Or total cashless chip under your skin system ... which i am not going to be a part of
edit on 23-3-2020 by oldschoolwarhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I mean if we wanted to get deep down into the reality here, herd immunity is how most pandemics were dealt with.
Basically just strongest will survive. In today's extremely globalized and interconnected world, I think controlling the 'herd immunity' is in our best interest, we must intervene.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
In today's extremely globalized and interconnected world, I think controlling the 'herd immunity' is in our best interest, we must intervene.

Oh, please do expound.
I am all ears....

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In February, New York City officials were telling residents to be tough...have faith in your health system....and to gather and celebrate as normal.

With regard to warnings against participating in large public gatherings that have circulated on all manner of social media platforms, all the speakers urged citizens to continue their usual day-to-day activities.

“We are still planning to do the Lion Dance in Chinatown on Saturday and have a big parade in Chinatown on Sunday, so we’re not afraid of this virus,” Ansen Tang from the United Chinese Association of Brooklyn said.

“We want to send a good message to our community members to not be afraid.”

“Don’t let people scare you and say ‘Don’t go to public events.’ I know people are saying that, but there are no confirmed cases, so don’t be afraid,” District Leader Nancy Tong added.

“There is going to be another parade on Sunday the ninth, so do attend.”
More at: bklyner.com...

Looks like New York officials brought the current Covid-19 severity upon the population of their city, with their lackadaisical attitudes and encouragements, doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join