It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So far it’s been a lame pandemic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I genuinely take issue with the whole "just a flu" thing.

It seems to minimize the massive death toll the influenza virus has had on our civilization.

I just dont know about covid yet. I sure as hell dont trust the numbers.. But I dont know which way to not trust them, as it were.

I do feel that if it were substantially worse, they wouldnt have to use all these weird stats and gathering methods though.. The response implies horrific, horrific mortality rates, the stat gathering, msm "tone," and reaching seems to imply the opposite.

At the very least, I think one thing we probably saw coming: the erosion of trust over the past decades, precipitated by everything from the news to social media outrage/addiction and ad revenue, might be one of the biggest "shoot ourselves in the foot" things weve done as a species.

ETA: Also.. Be very, very wary of taunting the universe.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Aallanon

But not they’re Ability to post stupid posts

You don't see a possible 4% as a big deal?

Even worse....

The population of those over 70 is 13%, so since they are by far the ones dying how does 30% of this demographics dying sound? In a couple of years the millennials will save their SS since everyone above 70 will be killed off... geez

It isn't 4%. It is 4% of KNOWN CASES, not 4% of the people who contract the virus....

Put another way:

350,000 confirmed cases... 14,000 die. 4% mortality rate.

The problem is that is lazy math. The reality is we don't know how many people have it. Some sources are sayng up to 10x's as many people tested. IF that assumption is true then the demominator is 3,500,000 not 350,000. So now instead of a 4% mortality rate, it is actually .004%

BIG DIFFERENCE

So true...How do you get an accurate count when the only ones counted are those who volunteer for the count???

Without random testing they don't have a clue...

Here's a funny story...I live in a County where the first corona flu case was acknowledged today...

My daughter went to the hospital about a week ago since she had the classic symptoms of the virus...She was worried with all the hype...Although available, they wouldn't test her for the virus but sent her home...

But the person who tested positive for the virus today was sent home and told to quarantine herself...I have to wonder, since the person sent home was not sick enough to be hospitalized, why did they even test the person...

We have a Democrat Governor who comes on the tv everyday to bad mouth the job Trump is doing with the pandemic...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
New York was pushing to have everyone tested, until it back-fired their agenda, and drove down the Covid-19 death/mortality. This weekend, they put the brakes on mass testing.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
.News.Flash.

The Senate has stalled the aid package for the 2nd time !!

Nancy Pelosi has made a statement that makes little sense ?

🤧 😷

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

USA 35,000 cases 400 dead 1% fatality rate

WW 350,000 cases 15,000 dead 4% fatality rate

They ruined my life for this?

I edited this post to reflect the correct percentages.

These are only reported cases.

Based on what we are told about how fast this virus spreads which is why we locked everything down, the actual number of affected has to be between 2.5 and 10 times more than has been reported.

Which puts death rate at 2% at worse, the common flu at best. Probably somewhere in between with a larger percentage being the elderly.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Let's hope you don't catch it and discover otherwise.

How exactly have "they" ruined your life ?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It's being used as another Democratic political tool to hurt the American people for their benefit

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

In the US we are #1 in price #37 in performance.

The highest rated countries have universal healthcare. If we were #1 in price and even top 5 in performance I would say it’s not concerning. But the facts prove that our healthcare system is seriously overpriced and broken.

Don’t let facts get in the way of Capitalism. Right?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Let's hope you don't catch it and discover otherwise.

How exactly have "they" ruined your life ?

Lost job lost house lost car credit card turned off can’t buy groceries what don’t you get that people could be having problems?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Lost job lost house lost car credit card turned off can’t buy groceries what don’t you get that people could be having problems?

I'm not saying people aren't having problems , what makes you think I am ?
I work and can't buy groceries , my job shows me this pandemic is a problem to health and wealth.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Mortgage and credit card companies are both deferring payments, many car loan companies will work with you as well. Before long I suspect you'll see rent deferred as well. It's just a matter of actually reaching out instead of ignoring them.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Xtrozero

But not they’re Ability to post stupid posts

You don't see a possible 4% as a big deal?

Even worse....

The population of those over 70 is 13%, so since they are by far the ones dying how does 30% of this demographics dying sound? In a couple of years the millennials will save their SS since everyone above 70 will be killed off... geez

It isn't 4%. It is 4% of KNOWN CASES, not 4% of the people who contract the virus....

Put another way:

350,000 confirmed cases... 14,000 die. 4% mortality rate.

The problem is that is lazy math. The reality is we don't know how many people have it. Some sources are sayng up to 10x's as many people tested. IF that assumption is true then the demominator is 3,500,000 not 350,000. So now instead of a 4% mortality rate, it is actually .004%

BIG DIFFERENCE

The number of math fails in this thread is disconcerting.

You want to check your numbers again...
edit on 23-3-2020 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

The highest rated countries have universal healthcare. If we were #1 in price and even top 5 in performance I would say it’s not concerning. But the facts prove that our healthcare system is seriously overpriced and broken.

Define performance...

There is a reason the wealthy come to the US when they have life threatening illnesses.

Post up your source and I'd be a steak dinner "Performance" will include all kinds of qualitative measures like diversity, green initiatives, and other BS that has nothing to do with actual care.

You can't be so naive to think the US is 37 in healthcare.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I lost my business witch is my income. I’m 55 and not going to be able to build it back up before I’m to old to do it.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Have you ever looked into what the WHO rankings actually takes into consideration? I'm sure you haven't and just like spouting numbers with no real meaning to you. When it comes to direct healthcare it is hard to beat the US, but that is just one of many factors they use.

I have experienced healthcare in both Japan and France.... I'll keep America's... thank you...

BTW I have no clue how Japan would rank 10 as they beat everyone else in almost every category, so what was it to drop them to 10th?

edit on 23-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: JIMC5499

Italy: 60 million people divided by 180,000 beds =333 people for 1 bed

USA 327 million people divided by 918,000 beds =356 people for 1 bed....

Not a very big difference ; and our doctors and technology is far more advanced. We also have to consider the doctors and medical personal in our military sector... if this does blow up to need the extra room and care...

But as it stands; we are collapsing everything over very low results..... and I want someone to show me pics of inside the hospitals in America now, compared to H1N1... and why it wasnt overwhelming then?

My cousin is a nurse at our local hospital. Only 22% of their beds are occupied. They average 86% normally with the majority being people recovering from elective procedures. The 4 cases identified in our COUNTY have been sent home for recovery.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Look at what has happened.

Entire states shut down.
Panic over toilet paper.
The economy, jobs, careers, lives ruined.

It's a future look when Biden gets elected.

Everyone needs to stock up on toilet paper in case Biden gets elected, because he would be a sheety president. This toilet paper frenzy is going to last until the election in November. Then millions of people will show up in DC and toilet paper will be streaming from the whitehouse. A new type of potato gun can be developed to shoot toilet paper rolls.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Yeah, never mind that 9 out of 10 tested are negative.

That fact is indicative of why every person should not get tested!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Last month, New York City Health officials told people that coronavirus was nothing to be concerned about. To go ahead and attend their festivals.

summit.news...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

I have a family that needs food and shelter.

How am I supposed to provide that oh wise one?

Just like the rest of us..
You ain't special

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join