It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research & Articles on Vitamin C for Pneumonia, Lung Infections, & the Novel Coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Supposedly 'they' debunked Vitamin C as having any value for Coronavirus BUT this group of doctors and other professionals
'Orthomolecular Medicine' News Service, Mar 22, 2020, which I have followed for years disagrees"

Published Research and Articles on Vitamin C as a Consideration for Pneumonia, Lung Infections, and the Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19)
by Graham Player, PhD, Andrew W. Saul, Damien Downing, MBBS, MRSB and Gert Schuitemaker, PhD

(OMNS Mar 22, 2020) In 1936 Gander and Niederberger found that vitamin C lowered fever and reduced pain in pneumonia patients. Also in 1936, Hochwald independently reported similar results. In 1946 Slotkin further reported that "Vitamin C has been used routinely by the general surgeons in the Millard Fillmore Hospital, Buffalo, as a prophylactic against pneumonia, with complete disappearance of this complication."

It is one thing to be sick from a virus and another thing entirely to die from a viral-instigated disease. A 1994 randomised double-blind trial involving vitamin C/placebo supplementation was conducted on 57 elderly patients admitted to hospital with acute respiratory infections (bronchitis and bronchopneumonia). Using a clinical scoring system based on major symptoms of the respiratory condition, patients supplemented with the vitamin fared significantly better than those on placebo. This was particularly the case for those commencing the trial most severely ill, many of whom had very low plasma and white cell vitamin C concentrations on admission.

Vitamin C supports your immune system. Vitamin C helps to kill viruses and reduces the symptoms of infection. It's not a COVID-19 "cure," but nothing is. It might just save your life, though, and will definitely reduce the severity of the infection. If someone tells you it's not proven, consider two things:

1. Nothing is proven to work against COVID-19, because it is a new virus
2. Vitamin C has worked against every single virus including influenzas, pneumonia, and even poliomyelitis.

See whole article here:
orthomolecular.org...

Call me a cynic about modern mainstream medicine - But it seems to me that no cheap and inexpensive substance, such as viamin C,
will be accpted as having any value from big pharma when an expensive cure and vaccine might produce many billion, if not
trillions of dollars!!!

edit on 22-3-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Mar 22 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Attempt to fix tags

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

All about the Benjamin’s 👶

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Thank you! I've seen a few doctors recommend Vitamin C for CoV-19, but I was disappointed at the lack of clinical studies cited. I have no doubt it's effective though -- very effective.

That is a very impressive list of clinical studies and papers. I've read a few of them already. I'm going to read a few more now!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Vitamin C suplementation does help with reducing severity, which is a big thing. It will decrease most people's risk of getting something that puts you in the hospital. I did some research a while back on vitamin c but do not agree with mega doses for long periods of time. Now, taking a small supplement or eating more foods with adequate vitamin c in them is good and if risk is higher, or you start to get some symptoms, it might be good to take more for a while. Remember, too much of anything for extended periods is not good some times.

I like grapefruit, I get plenty of vitamin c and quercetin from that, also there are some other antiviral and antibacterial chemistries in it and some thiols to scavenge up any cyanide that forms from dying cells so it does not block cell receptors. Now, it has limited properties, but a half a grapefruit every day during cold and flu season is good....but remember, some people cannot eat grapefruit, it can be hard on some people's stomachs.

We usually pop a zinc lozenger when we first start getting sick, it seems to work good if you get it before you start to lose your ability to taste. We have vitamin C, but I get burny butt after one pill.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am too tired to read all those articles tonight.
What are the dosages Of vitamin C are they saying could possibly help?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I am too tired to read all those articles tonight.
What are the dosages Of vitamin C are they saying could possibly help?

Here a video:
www.drwlc.com...

Those treated with High Dose iv Vit. C:
Patients were given: 10 gr or 20 gr
all recovered
no one died
3 - 5 days shorter hospital stay
50 gr of Vit C. over a period of 4 hours brought a patient who was deteriorating rapidly back to wellness.

edit on 22-3-2020 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

So everyone who no longer has snow cover what ever you do don't spray weed killer this year
Whilst you're having your allowed stroll or out in your own garden pick some Dandelions not all allow some to germinate and help get these growing. ( Also it's one of the bees first food sources, so leave some for them too. )

Perhaps there's a reason this Asian plant were everywhere because it keep the early humans alive from the virus they ate.
Dandelion nutrients

Dandelionherb greens (Taraxacum officinale), Fresh, Nutrition value per 100 g

(Source: USDA National Nutrient data base)
Principle Nutrient Value Percentage of RDA
Energy 45 Kcal 2%
Carbohydrates 9.20 g 7%
Protein 2.70 g 5%
Total Fat 0.70 g 3%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Dietary Fiber 3.50 g 9%
Vitamins
Folates 27 µg 7%
Niacin 0.806 mg 5%
Pantothenic acid 0.084 mg 1.5%
Pyridoxine 0.251 mg 19%
Riboflavin 0.260 mg 20%
Thiamin 0.190 mg 17%
Vitamin A 10161 IU 338%
Vitamin C 35 mg 58%
Vitamin E 3.44 mg 23%
Vitamin K 778.4 µg 649%
Electrolytes
Sodium 76 mg 5%
Potassium 397 mg 8%
Minerals
Calcium 187 mg 19%
Iron 3.10 mg 39%
Magnesium 36 mg 9%
Manganese 0.342 mg 15%
Phosphorus 66 mg 9%
Selenium 0.5 mg 1%
Zinc 0.41 mg 4%
Phyto-nutrients
Carotene-α 363 µg --
Carotene-ß 5854 µg --
Crypto-xanthin-ß 121 µg --
Lutein-zeaxanthin 13610 µg --

If you lucky you'll get your daily dose of vitamin D at the same time. added to salads or wilted into a bacon flax wrap with salt is good.
edit on 23-3-2020 by puzzled2 because: Fixed link

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The Miracle Cure: Vitamin C "Living Proof" 60 Minutes

Part 1

Part 2

Well worth the watch for anyone that has doubts over the effectiveness of high doses of vitamin C for the treatment of viral pneumonia!
edit on 23/3/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Still stand by what I tell people, Lypo–Spheric Vitamin C is good.. It allows the vit-c to absorb into your system before you urinate it out.. just look at the studies, no need to link the 20 pages that will come up as soon as you search it...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Ah heck with it, decent article here. Vitamin C

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
High dose vitamin C should be used for no other reason than it will not hurt. After that plasma transfusions from recovered patients for the same reason. Lastly those drugs like the malaria cure.

It’s crazy not to try things now.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

what doe sit hurt? if I absorb too much it's going to give me diarrhea? perhaps, or an upset stomach? not any more violent than a virus that wants to eat my lungs and brain eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

you beet me to it, I was going to mention this story where they used IVC, its a good thing to use for those who are about to die

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

yes, I used to take liposomal vitamin c when I had symptoms of flu and it worked like a charm

I used to make it at home but then I found a website that sell it so I started buying it from them and made in the US btw.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: MarlbBlack

yes, I used to take liposomal vitamin c when I had symptoms of flu and it worked like a charm

I used to make it at home but then I found a website that sell it so I started buying it from them and made in the US btw.

Looks like we'll be back to making it, as there appears to be a world wide shortage... I cannot find it anywhere in stock, and one company even state that the US manufacturer has ceased all international shipments as of the 5'th of March...

this is getting ridiculous.. I bet all the ultrasonic cleaners are sold out too...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

I ordered two more pounds while this was in China. I take it everyday. I couldn’t have children and now I have a new one. Come to find out it helps your sperm count.

Thanks vitamin c. Needed that at 50 years old. Never had a kid in my life lol

I’m going to take it until I crap water if I get this.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The "Pneumonia" in the thread title spurred a thought -- what if the cold isn't harmful at all, and what's going around at the same time is an antibiotic-immune bacterial super pneumonia? What if that's what's being hidden from everyone, under the guise of "supercold'll gitcha"? It'd be a hell of a lot easier to blame a mutated mega-cold than to admit we finally shot ourselves in the foot with the antibiotic overuse.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

The numbers claimed here 10, 20, 50 gr are insane. Most of it will be excreted through urine.

Vitamine C increases iron absorption. The body cannot excrete excess iron.

Excess vitamin C is excreted from the body as oxalate. Oxalate can lead to the formation of kidney stones.

So overdosing on Vitamine C when not in critcal condition is a stupid idea imho.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

So you don't understand the concept behind liposomal vit.c then.

?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
The "Pneumonia" in the thread title spurred a thought -- what if the cold isn't harmful at all, and what's going around at the same time is an antibiotic-immune bacterial super pneumonia? What if that's what's being hidden from everyone, under the guise of "supercold'll gitcha"? It'd be a hell of a lot easier to blame a mutated mega-cold than to admit we finally shot ourselves in the foot with the antibiotic overuse.

I think that's quite possible. I wondered about it myself, did some looking around, and found this:

Ventilator-associated pneumonia

Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) is a type of lung infection that occurs in people who are on mechanical ventilation breathing machines in hospitals. As such, VAP typically affects critically ill persons that are in an intensive care unit (ICU). VAP is a major source of increased illness and death. Persons with VAP have increased lengths of ICU hospitalization and have up to a 20–30% death rate

A different less studied infection found in mechanically ventilated people is ventilator-associated tracheobronchitis (VAT). As with VAP, tracheobronchial infection can colonise the trachea and travel to the bronchi. VAT may be a risk factor for VAP.

It's impossible that VAP and VAT are not part of the problem given the high rate of ventilator use. But I'm sure it's much worse in some hospitals/places than others.

And I also very seriously doubt that the hospitals and medical establishment are going to admit it. Not to the patient and not to the public.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join