It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by sword, the other is by debt.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The other day I saw this meme floating around:

I'm sure most of you are familiar with it already but I can't stop thinking about it as the world fights against this new common enemy, the invasion of COVID19.

I have entertained the thought, just like others, that maybe a lot of it is propaganda to achieve some other goal along the lines of gaining more control.

But that's not to say that I don't believe in COVID19 (although it does feel quite unreal at times)- as somebody with a compromised auto immune system I'm taking this very seriously and taking every precaution to stay healthy.

However with so many businesses shutting down and people out of jobs at the moment, with everybody looking towards the governments for financial aid... it's like forced debt is happening? That's not to say that most people weren't already in debt so I don't know if this even applies. And I don't disagree with the notion of helping one another in this time of need, but it does feel like the powers that be could potentially take advantage of these times and treat COVID19 as an opportunity to conquer and gain more power, rather than an opportunity to perform great leadership and aid and service.

I know other people are concerned about these things too and I'm not the first person to have these thoughts, so what do you think? How do we protect ourselves against these potential negative forces, what can we do to fight against the greed and the power hungry... outside of paying back debt of course, and staying out of debt? Is there anything else we can do, specially if we can't avoid being in debt atm?

I'll be honest, it feels like the world too often relies on debt to create "secure" relationships, as if one can't feel secure until somebody is indebted to them, which imo is unhealthy af. In another way it's not that unlike blackmail. But there's gotta be other ways to form secure relationships with one another, right?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
hey, in my senior year in high school the sub teacher one day showed us on the chalkboard how a govt. needs to run in the red.....

I can't come up with it now, made sense for growth...or was he friggin lyin

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You are exactly on the right path!

Well thought out; you saw right through the BS and confronted the problem head on

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Third way, by fear....

That is what we see right now with maybe debt the final stroke.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Reminds me of this which I just came across:

Not exactly the same and not sure if that's what you were getting at but, if the government is in debt to the people then the people are in a better more powerful position, similar idea and not sure if I agree with that position either in regards to using "debt" to gain control/be in a more powerful position. There must be a better way to create secure and healthy relationships between any government and the public.
edit on 22-3-2020 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Most debt is fake.

The Federal Reserve typing numbers into an account, simply expanding the money supply is not really debt.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

a reply to: Xtrozero

The Thomas Jefferson meme that I just posted, lol. Using fear via media to shut people down which then puts people in the vulnerable position to take on more debt? Something like that?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't know if what you're saying is true or not but I think I'm more interested in the psychological effect that we can't escape or ignore... even if we deny it consciously it's still happening to us subconsciously- in line with the principle of the recripocity.

I considered this position of having a lackadaisy attitude towards "debt" as well and I have personally tried on this attitude before (prior to considering taking on student loans) and decided it's not healthy.

And while what you are saying may be technically true, and we as individuals have the ability to not take debt so seriously or damning and belittle it... it's still not applicable to the fear and the effect on relationships that it has. How you feel about it doesn't change how somebody else who you are indebted to feels.

If you owe somebody $20,000, and you don't take it seriously... they might feel a way about it and take measures to do something about it, just saying.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Debt is the product of the Central Banks.

The more debt the issue the stronger they become.

The corona virus is a false flag designed to bring the economy of the world into full meltdown to usher in a second great depression to kill off billions of people and buy up all the corporations all over the world.

The Fed is printing Trillions of dollars a day to buy up stock and control the world.

America is done. What comes out of this is a new America, one with out the constitution.

Corona Virus is a world wide 9-11. Much more bigger and much more life changing.

9-11 was just a small step on the way to what the private central bankers just pulled off.

Great depression on they way...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by sword, the other is by debt.

Second case operates in Europe today. Dive bombers and tanks are passé. The parallel tactic is to infiltrate the target nation's media and then have it sell them on how wonderful it is to surrender sovereignty to others.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I hope you're just a little extra alarmed and it's not what you say, lol. What can we do to prevent it from happening, though, in case we're on the way?

Lots of people saying incredible things but nobody talking about what we can do to counter it.

a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes exactly.

Not to say that COVID19 isn't a real virus that isn't killing people that we shouldn't take seriously... we should, but the panic that's being aroused by the media, it really is an incredible and strange time!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

They make the money and the economy. They make as much or as little as necessary and balance the economy accordingly. In Britain we are up to our eyeballs in debt as a country and individuals. It has been that way for a very long time. There was a major crash coming anyway. This has actually helped to initiate an inevitable change. May be the new ideas will be much more environmental. I am convinced they will be. I know at the very top now they have become environmentally conscious.

Here is an article I was just reading in today's Guardian (British newspaper). I think this hints at what we can expect. It is what we have to do. They imaged the scenario and lockdown was a better option than being inundated and broken socially and economically by illness with people rotting in their homes because society became so overburdened with illness and casualties.

www.theguardian.com...

It is an opportunity to seize. Actually there was no real choice. It was this or end up with possibly half a million corpses to deal with and a total breakdown of everything. Okay, we have a few months of discomofort. i don't for a minute believe we will lose any freedom long term. For many of us it may well lead to fairer social treatment. I can't say I feel too worried and I am very much a free spirit.

I am more worried for people the world over. I hope we can keep the deaths to a minimum and emerge wiser from this experience.

Edit - I was just thinking that all the states of the world are going to be in the same economic mess and there are going to be a huge amount of trade agreements that will be necessary very quickly. The whole world is going to need business all at the same time. It will spark off a whole new trade and travel structure. It will be very fascinating to see what does come of all this. I think that Guardian article is only the tip of the iceberg. A whole world will be desperate for trade and economic development. It will create many new opportunities for sure. It could well be the ultimate global relationship that changes us forever and universally.

edit on 22-3-2020 by Kakamega because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kakamega

I appreciate you for sharing this interesting article and your thoughts.

I like how the article uses history (historical crash of 1929,WW2, and etc) and compares those events with what is happening now.

You're taking a rather unique approach imo by not giving into the panic, by being observant and accepting what is happening and most of all being interested in the outcome. I am inspired by that and truly appreciate it. I have myself said it's not too different from war- and we are globally unified in a way, the world against the virus that doesn't discriminate. Not unlike a sci-fi film on the invasion of outer space aliens...

I hope that we do learn good things from this and that there are good changes coming out of this. In the same way that some people may take advantage of this situation to seize more control- the rest of us are also in a similar opposite position, to take advantage of this opportunity to encourage positive change.

I like it and I like you, pls be my friend. Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

theres nothing we can do. Our world is forever changed.

We should have revolted after 9-11, after JFK, after the first Obama bailouts. There's nothing we can do now. Just prepare for the new world.

Just wait till you see Monsanto goes out of business because they don't have chemicals shipped to them from China.

Wait till half the products we bought aren't restocked because there was some product in it we needed that China manufactures.

Wait till the Hospital system collapses because our supply chain of medical equipment is cut from China.
Wait till you can't buy a new car because every car we manufacture has pieces from China required to put it together.
Wait till the fashion industry collapses cause we don't have access to textiles.
wait till you can't buy a new t shirt.
Wait till the medicine dries up.

It will take years to bring those factories back to America.
they took 20 years to ship them over to China.

Wait until the Military is deployed and on every street and never goes back.
Wait until Marshal Law takes place.

It's over. We lost. Hyperinflation is coming. The dollar will be worthless quicker than anyone can imagine.

This is the New World Order. For sure, there is no denying it now, some people will refuse to see it for years.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This is correct.

Its not a matter of if but when the economy collapses due to endless money printing and debt.

We cant blame the government and central bankers.

Hello virus!

They are coming for your guns, now more than ever. Is a catastrophic event imminent?

edit on 22-3-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh the best of all i forgot.

Wait till the Italy riots after this is done.

They will storm the Vatican and start pulling out ancient artifacts from the library that will blow peoples minds.

The Catholic Church will die.

Thats the best part in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

LOL @ "The Catholic Church will die." There's always a silver lining they say and that'd be a most welcome one for me as well.

It is all very concerning though, I sense some truth in your words. I just don't know what will come of it all and I don't understand why it's happening at all. In a way the destruction of one order/system allows room for the creation and growth of a new order and in that sense you're absolutely right- but what will be born out of this strange event I can not imagine. I'm not against a new world order in particular if it's something that is more positive and is more efficient than the one we have now tbh, but will it be? That's what I'm trying to get a grasp on. And I want to be part of the solution, not the problem.

I guess I should look into the great depression and learn how people and nations survived that whole bit of history with more focus...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yeah there's no telling at this point what it will look like. I imagine kinda of a hunger games world where people are divided up on their type of lifestyle in a way.

I would also think that a lot of the countries we see today are going to collapse and new borders will be drawn as we figure everything out.

We are already planning to expand out garden a lot this summer. We are going to need to work as local communities to get through this i believe.

I also think a lot new technology will be released though. And completely new industries popping up.

I would say we have officially entered the age of aquarius. Things will change real quick. Our old leaders will fall and new forms of government will arise.

Good news is we are the ones that get to choose what kind of world we want to make out of this. I'm guessing it will be a high tech psychedelic super health being that will emerge from all of this. I'm kinda looking forward to this.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Reminds me of this meme I came across today(which apparently Hitler may not have said in these exact words), lmfao @ me and the memes today.

I dig your thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yeah.

I like technology.

Just briefly looked into China's economy and the effects the COVID19 shut down had there. Looks like their economy was effected (duh) and now they're working hard to get it back to what it was, they're slowly reopening businesses as the spread slows, but socially the people are still afraid even after businesses have opened... thanks to the panic that the media instilled in them.

Maybe one lesson we can take out of this is to not to breed panic through the media- honestly what can the governments gain out of collapsing economies and forcing everybody into a depression?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join