It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomb Raider free on Steam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Im all bout that PvP, which surprises some people..

I dont tend to like the attitudes that come with it though. I actually started going towards PvP for a "proper" challenge, since at the time, higher difficulties tended to just mean "we upped enemy hp/dmg and lowered yours! glhf!" I guess its still a bit like that, but AI has come a long way.

I like large scale stuff most though, even in PvE, and thats not too common.

Thats pretty much my build, fwiw. I still need to get whatever the skill is that lets me direct the minions (convocation?), but its so laid back and fun. My player character can die mighty, mighty quick if Im caught in the action on a tougher enemy though (especially those mirror places). Plenty of builds work around that intelligently, but not mine!

I.. Uh.. Still cackle sometimes when sending out those flaming skulls.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

It is actually a very good game, the graphic's at the time were superb and still stand up to many of today's titles very well indeed.

It was notable at the time for a controversial scene were Lara the game's player character had to fight off a would be rapist (the men on the island have sacrificed all the woman) but other than that one thankfully not explicit scene - were you survive or you don't the game had plenty to explore, not an open world but it did not need to be as it felt large with plenty to explore as you figured out the mystery of the island and it's cult of insane ship wreck survivors, abandoned Japanese bases from WW2, sunken and beached ship's and crashed plane's and also a shanty town that reminded me a little of one of the town location from far cry 2 but obviously much better.

Culminating in a suitably mysterious Japanese palatial tomb complex, on a side note you may like to know that Himiko was a real but mysterious person if perhaps better than the one portrayed in the game.
en.wikipedia.org...

One downside of the game is that it very console oriented, it has button bash moment's that being a PC (mouse - or trackball in my case and keyboard) player I did not like.

edit on 21-3-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Thanks for the heads up thov420 , I have so many games to play and little time to play them but I can't resist a freebie so Tomb Raider has just joined the queue.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This game is awesome.

Once you start getting better weapon upgrades,

go back to areas where you were and you can access more content.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Happy to help everyone. Only played a very little bit but so far liking it. Not a fan of the quicktime actions but it is what it is.

Happy gaming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join