It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has started in the UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Heddlu have just closed one Pub.
They have just moved to the next.
Last orders all.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

The government have ordered it and so it is.

It's a strategy that's doomed to failure , and resentment.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

AND SO IT BEGINS...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is serious. This could kill a whole genre of jokes.
Perhaps we should continue the sacred tradition; "There was an Englishman, a Welshman, a Scotsman, and an irishman..."

edit on 20-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You guys loading up on butter knives for the bugaloo?

J/k cousins across the pond. I know all this sucks. Hopefully we all come out on top from it. Rethink supply chains, complacent society becomes more down to earth realizing conveniences are just that, remembering the small things are what matters.

And I hope to God my nation learns not to blow air in a balloon that is inflating too much. The only thing I see my government doing is being authoritarian and blowing money at a record rate without doing much. That's not a political statement aimed at any party or group as they all seem to be in on the incompetence as always.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wisconsin shut down all bars and restaurants at 5 PM on St Paddy's day. Only take out/delivery available until further notice.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Good luck guys, it's a absolutely bonkers here in Spain.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Heddiu = Police

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The government have ordered it and so it is.

It's a strategy that's doomed to failure , and resentment.

What's worrying is how long will it be before the people that these policies are protecting, ie the elderly and those with underlying serious medical conditions, are targeted for hate by the more hard-boiled boozers who need that daily bar to lean on and grumble at the world?

The final words from local barflies today:

"Youawwwwalllllll a bunch o' PUSSYOS!!!! Ya hear me???!... @hic@.... I was in the Swine Flu wars! I was #ing THERE, mannnn! Not a single #ing bar closed coz we all had #ing backbones, mannnnnn.... @hic@...."

Etc.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What part of Wales are you in mate?
I'm not far from Wrexham in North Wales,and the small town I went to today to try to buy food was absolute bedlam-as busy as christmas eve,traffic jams,more than your average idiot drivers parking in the road,bank machines down so queues onto the pavement,shelves half or fully empty in the supermarket.
If its like this in a small town in wales,I can't imagine what London or Mancheser will be like in the coming weeks.
And we could be looking at this getting a lot worse.
What a #storm.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

bank machines down so queues onto the pavement,shelves half or fully empty in the supermarket. If its like this in a small town in wales,I can't imagine what London

I waited an hour to get some cash out today. I knew I should have pulled out more before all this started, but I decided to get some more stuff as a shutdown in my state looks more probable.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

I'm expecting things to go down here in Middle Tennessee.
Apparently, someone I work with has tested positive for Covid-19.

I've seen more and more people acting in a way I wonder why they're still going out in public.

A guy I work with who I guess has some real anxiety issues, and is noticeably affected by both the virus and economy has been practicing the six foot rule, which makes it hard to work with him.

I might actually quarantine myself just to avoid all the panicking, and catch up on some old TV shows I never got around to watching.

I think the thing that did it for me was that I was assisting a woman with finding some machine screws for her and when I went to hand them to her she pulled a lysol wipe out of nowhere and like baseball gloved my hand with it as she grabbed the screws. That really caught me off guard.

I don't want to be around these people.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Im thinking we will see a lot of incrementaly increasing ATM shutdowns as this progresses.

They told me there was a problem with the internet connection to the machines,but I reckon they had run out of cash.
I figure,if people are panic buying and stockpilling toilet paper,they must also be stockpilling their cash as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

They haven't done this in Australia yet and most of us drink at home nowadays anyway due to the bloody price.

We will be fine here until the shops start running put of beer.

When that happens, send help

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I imagine with fractional banking and each bank only having so much cash on hand we may see an issue in certain places. For the states physical money is an extremely small part of the monetary makeup.

Distribution is going to be strained by other factors already I imagine. If that news story hits it wouldn't be good.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I say we let them go where they want, and do what they want. And while no one's working congregate together and party like it's the end of the world. No restrictions, no borders, nothing out of bounds. Free food, free woman, free beer and lodging..... Who's with me.....!....!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Alcohol is a gateway drug, and a poison.

Here in the states, it should be on Schedule I Controlled Substances
Substances in this schedule have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and a high potential for abuse.

But, hypocrisy. a reply to: Cymru

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

What's happening there, I have a friend on a long vacation there. Very long perhaps.

Stocking up on a few crates asap.
edit on 20/3/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN
Alcohol is a gateway drug, and a poison.

Here in the states, it should be on Schedule I Controlled Substances
Substances in this schedule have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and a high potential for abuse.

But, hypocrisy. a reply to: Cymru

Oh its definitley one of the most damaging drugs out there for sure.
Nothing else comes close to the amount of violence,disease,unwanted pregnancies and death that alcohol is reponsible for.
Our problem in the UK is that most of us drink more of it than we drink water.
I could see coronavirus falling into second place when Britain realises there aren't enough alcohol detox meds in the world to sort out our poor deprived problem drinkers..

"Fate it seems,is not without a sense of irony."
Morpheus,The Matrix.

Oh well,I've been on the wagon for the last year,so I don't mind the pubs being shut.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Im not so sure the quarantine isn't mostly meant to prevent a run on the banks.

A lot of factories and other ppaces are starting to shut down around here, but people are out more than ever panic buying. This curb side delivery and beer delivery bull# is nonsense if it is what they say it is.

We're doing just enough to say we're doing something while crippling large portions of our economy.

What happens in these places that have had some under quarantine for a week, then all the sudden they decide to have a 2 week madatory (which will still be bull#, because there will a lot of non-essential jobs being worked on by people in essential fields.

edit on 3/20/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join