It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's lockdown... or is it martial law ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
One step further in controlling the "virus".

The president of Lombardy said on Friday the government had agreed to deploy the army in his region to enforce the lockdown against the coronavirus epidemic, which is not slowing down.

“(The request to use the army) has been accepted... and 114 soldiers will be on the ground throughout Lombardy... it is still too little, but it is positive,” Attilio Fontana told a news conference.

Italy to use army to enforce coronavirus lockdown in worst-hit region

Army drafted in to impose lockdown at Italian coronavirus epicentre

Can't speak for Italy only from what I read but here is a short update from my area in Spain.

I live in a rural area away from the city where it is usually fairly quite, still is, although you definitely notice there is more policia and guardia civil patrolling. On the streets but even inside the supermarkets. The other day I saw a family of 3 getting fined because they entered the store at the same time, father mother, child. You don't follow the rules you'll be sanctioned.
You have to make sure you carry valid documents to justify your leave, if it's for labor it is best you have your working contract with you or a separate document signed by your employer. Carrying a 'certificate of registration' is also advised.
Today we were going to visit the family in the city to see everything is ok and bring them some groceries and other stuff, my father also turns 70 today. They are in the risk category and age so it's advised they don't come outside or in contact with many others, that's why the children are doing their shopping.
They called us and told it's not worth it to risk going into the city as police are stopping everyone now entering and they want to spare us all this hassle, they still have most they need though, we still own him a good birthday party though.

In the big cities the police are now deploying drones
Spain's police are flying drones with speakers around public places to warn citizens on coronavirus lockdown to get inside

Coronavirus Spy Drones Hit Europe: This Is How They’re Now Used

Soon to follow Israel?

Israel will now unleash cyber tech “usually used for counter-terror” to enforce quarantines and to check the movements of people testing positive for the virus.

We should get used to this. While it might appear draconian and uncomfortable for democracies to be turning outward-facing intel tools onto law-abiding citizens, almost every aspect of this global pandemic pushes us into unfamiliar territory.

It is unsurprising, even inevitable that such measures will extend to other countries and for other purposes. It is not unreasonable to assume that you can expect some forms of this tech to be coming to a place near you at some point fairly soon—if it’s not being used already, of course.

Coronavirus Spy Apps: Israel Joins Iran And China Tracking Citizens’ Smartphones To Fight COVID-19

Will this soon be a norm for the rest of the world?
Will these lockdowns turn into martial law? There definitely is the possibility it seems.

How are other member experiencing their day to day life here in Europe?
Feel free to use this thread to report the situation in your area.

Keep your eyes open and don't let the hype distract you from what is really happening.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Great post, I have noticed huge increase in helicopter and military plane traffic in Michigan from a close by base.... and I have been trying to comprise a database of info from the numerous people I know on other states..... could take some time. But having as much information as we can from 1st hand accounts across the world is what will help the most for everyone!

edit on 20-3-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Tunisia

Tunisia will impose a curfew from 6 pm. to 6 am. starting Wednesday with the army patrolling the streets, Tunisia’s president said on Tuesday, tightening the measures to counter the spread of the coronavirus.

Tunisia imposes 12-hour daily curfew to counter coronavirus
edit on 20-3-2020 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Martial Law could well be the next step for many European countries.

I mentioned this the other day in a conversation on FB and was laughed at, that will never happen, we’re democracies etc, etc.

It’s ramping up for sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Are we sure these drones arent being deployed to survey the damage after the 'sky event' that's been speculated this week?

Hearing mixed reports about asteroids in our vicinity..... who knows... right.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

We will all be under marshal law soon enough, they will call it a lockdown and self isolate, then it will be called a quarantine, then it will be full blown dystopia.

People can't be trusted to follow rules and guidelines so they will need to be enforced....it's going to get ugly...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

I believe the biggest threat is the invasion of our privacy, a drone controlled society if you wish.
Next up are drones fitted with CBRN weapons technology.
Sounds all very sci-fi for now but also very plausible in the near future.

This state of emergency will be exploited by governments to make new laws regarding our privacy and safety.
People are giving up their freedom in exchange for safety. This is a very dangerous mindset.
edit on 20-3-2020 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
At least in Germany there are some things people should question, but almost nobody does it, yet.

The fact that the virus seems not to be dangerous for people when they have to work and make tax money. Everything that is forbidden in your free time, because you could get infected with covid, infect others, could get ill so you need to go to a hospital, could kill you in your spare time, seems not to happen from lets say 6 in the morning to 6 in the evening, not in the public transport people have to use to reach their working places and come back home, not at the production line and so on.

Because that is not forbidden. Meanwhile it is propagated that it even is anti social to leave your house and take a walk to get some fresh air. Only in your spare time! It´s all ok when you have to make tax money and save the economy, which seems to be more worth that peoples lives, again. That raises questions:

Is the virus not so dangerous as the MSM´s panic propaganda makes people think?

If it is that dangerous, why should people isolate themselves only in their spare time to fight the virus, to stop him from spreading?

Do they try to save the economy and give a damn about the people that always kept and even still keep this economy alive, with working for low wage slave wages and spenmmding their life time to make others rich?

If that virus is that dangerous as propagated, what will the economy do when the low wage slaves are all ill or dead because they had work when everybody else had to isolate himself, who will be left to pay for and live a neoliberal, greedy lifestyle when nobody is left?

Why is total observation sky rocketing since a few days? Sure, they tel us again it´s all just to help us poor people, but i am afraid they will "help" us like they always "helped us to fight terrorism". They tell us data about every smartphone user is only used anonymized to get data about how the virus could spread because of peoples travel space. If it ever was anonymized, will il still be when the shutdown comes?

Why did they prepare law enforcement rules like in the former FDR not long before the current situation, in some german states like bavaria, where people almost completely lose their freedoms under certain circumstances, without any evidence of any wrongdoing on your site they can raid your house, want to be equipped with hand grenades, can arrest people like they wish. And so on and on. And why is bavaria the first state that comes up with a total shutdown now, except in the working time for sure?

Why does the MSM bomb the people and make them panic? With only the worst news about almost every new infected single person, the worst pics they can get from italy(always the same three things to see), with pics from empty supermarket shelves where formerly was toilet paper to find. It´s gone because stupid people are panicked because of the permanent "bad news are good news" clickbait news on all channels, in all newspapers, everywhere. Shouldn´t a government try to prevent a mass panic and not start it with their own measures and their MSM? To prevent stupid toilet paper preppers from buying every single toilet paper roll on earth to..."survive", for example?

Why do some of the most known and maybe Germanys best virologists say that a total shutdown is the worst the governemnt could do, it would be more dangerous than the virus itself, for the society and people, even more dangerous than doing nothing. Numbers in Italy support this assumption, they had a total lockdown but the numbers of infected rose while this lockdown, as we could read and are told. But the total lockdown here is prepared right now, sunday night they will tell us that it will begin maybe on monday. With the cheap excuse that people did in their spare time what they are forced to do in their working time. Because we can´t hear what "mom and pops" say is the best for us stupid people. And why should we believe in this situation always lying politicians at all and more than virologists, they at least know what they are talking about and don´t have a reason to lie.

There is much more and more and more people can feel it now, something not too good is coming, something that could be called martial law. For no real reason as it seems. This is not to fight a virus, this is to take full control over the people, if we aren´t very, very cautious now. The noose around the citizen's neck is tightening since years, our freedom was stolen bit by bit, ever more and ultrafast since "Corona". And now they maybe use that virus to fullfill their wet law and order dreams, those so called "elites" that are more and more afraid of the people, not without good reason. Their rober baron capitalism produces and produced the problems we have now, especially in the situation now we can see it clearly. Everything is made to make profits for a few rich but not to help the people. Everything had to be made in China, even pharmceuticals and medicine that is missing now. Because the workers there have no rights and and are cheaper and better slaves than europeans or us americans.

A reporter asked "our wonderful Mutti" Merkel today if she is really sure that the measures can be taken back without any problems in a few weeks. She only said:

I hope so.

There is too much that doesn´t fit, too much that can´t be logically explained, there is way too much permanent mass media panic hype to scare the people, too less critical questions are allowed. It feels like something really bad is coming but it is not hte virus, not the virus alone. I am not afraid because i wouldn´t be surprised. I am prepared to fight and die if necessary, because a life in bondage is not worth to be called a live anymore. I have no family anymore, nothing that i couldn´t put in a stolen truck and and live off the grid for a long time. I even know where exactly i have to go if i don´t want to fight all the time but just survive in freedom as long as possible. But i am afraid the most of my fellow citizens aren´t nearly. And i really hope that my stomach, my gut feel is wrong, very wrong and all that will not be necessary and i am just a stupid and tinfoil hat wearing lunatic.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I think you just summed up how a lot of people are feeling

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Governments around the world are using this as an excuse to implement more draconian measures against individual freedoms and privacy.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

I'm still thinking that China used the virus as an excuse to subdue protests and riots and possibly worse.

They were taking people with no confirmation of being positive with this virus and forcing them into close quarters with those who were positive. Of course the rates of infection were going to skyrocket because of that. People really think that the Chinese government was actually going to prevent and or help those who were infected to recover? Nah, they don't care if the common person dies. Just let em die.

People think that Italy is some healthcare utopia. Please. They were essentially doing the same thing. Allowing people to bumrush their hospitals and share close quarters with others who obviously were infected.

The facts remain that most of the people who have died had pre-existing health conditions. Like suppressed immune systems.

In the US, the people who have died, and even the younger people had pre-existing health conditions like suppressed immune systems.

Do yourself a favor and look at all of the medical treatments for (mostly) older people that are pushed currently.

Have rhuematoid arthritis, or arthritis of any kind? You're medicine probably suppresses your immune system.

Have a gastrointestinal problem? Your medicine probabky suppresses your immune system.

Have any kind of chronic disease or condition where your immune system is overactive attacks your body? Your medicine probably suppresses your immune system.

Have a heart condition? Probably taking blood thinners, amd those can lead to allll kinds of problems. Jeez. Thinner blood>less red blood cells>less oxygen sheesh what could go wrong with a virus that attacks the lungs?

What are the medical experts in the US saying? Self-quarantine, and advocating only going to a medical facility if in serious condition.

What are certain mayors and other government officials doing? Taking things to the extreme and implementing lockdowns and banning things, and probably, if they follow the more anti-freedom governments of other countries, tracking and harassing people, and it wouldn't surprise me if they start arresting people for having the gall to not be afraid to step outside their door for a breath of fresh air.

Because realistically, the majority of the world's population will survive, and realistically governments will do anything to exert more control of the common person. It's how they make their living. The morr will they exert over the common person, the more tax, fines, and fees they can implement. The more they can get away with, and the more luxurious their lives will be.

Most of them do not care about us.
edit on 2032020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Well said DerBeobachter

One thing that dont fit to this all is, the fact that both South Korea and China have de facto effective treatment for covid-19, so you have ask then...why the hell they lockdown everything then!

An effective treatment for #Coronavirus #COVID-19 has been found in a common anti-malarial drug

Breakthrough: Chloroquine phosphate has shown apparent efficacy in treatment of COVID-19 associated pneumonia in clinical studies

An Open Data Clinical Trial for COVID-19 Prevention

An Effective Treatment for Coronavirus (COVID-19) draft paper.PDF

From above draft paper:

Treatment Guidelines from South Korea

According to the Korea Biomedical Review, the South Korean COVID-19 Central Clinical Task Force guidelines are as follows:
1. If patients are young, healthy, and have mild symptoms without underlying conditions, doctors can observe them without antiviral treatment;

2. If more than 10 days have passed since the onset of the illness and the symptoms are mild, physicians do not have to start an antiviral medication;

3. However, if patients are old or have underlying conditions with serious symptoms, physicians should consider an antiviral treatment. If they decide to use the antiviral therapy, they should start the administration as soon as possible: … chloroquine 500mg orally per day.

4. As chloroquine is not available in Korea, doctors could consider hydroxychloroquine 400mg orally per day (Hydroxychloroquine is an analog of chloroquine used against malaria, autoimmune disorders, etc. It is widely available as well).

5. The treatment is suitable for 7 - 10 days, which can be shortened or extended depending on clinical progress. Notably, the guidelines mention other antivirals as further lines of defense, including anti-HIV drugs.

Treatment Guidelines from China

According to China’s Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Diagnosis and Treatment Plan, 7th Edition, the treatment guidelines are as follows:

1. Treatment for mild cases includes bed rest, supportive treatments, and maintenance of caloric intake. Pay attention to fluid and electrolyte balance and maintain homeostasis. Closely monitor the patient's vitals and oxygen saturation.

2. As indicated by clinical presentations, monitor the hematology panel, routine urinalysis, CRP, biochemistry (liver enzymes, cardiac enzymes, kidney function), coagulation, arterial blood gas analysis, chest radiography, and so on. Cytokines can be tested, if possible.

3. Administer effective oxygenation measures promptly, including nasal catheter, oxygen mask, and high flow nasal cannula. If conditions allow, a hydrogen-oxygen gas mix (H2/O2: 66.6%/33.3%) may be used for breathing.

4. Antiviral therapies: ... chloroquine phosphate (adult 18-65 years old weighing more than 50kg: 500mg twice daily for 7 days; bodyweight less than 50kg: 500mg twice daily for day 1 and 2, 500mg once daily for day 3 through 7) … Additionally, the Guangdong Provincial Department of Science and Technology and the Guangdong Provincial Health and Health Commission issued a report stating “Expert consensus on chloroquine phosphate for new coronavirus pneumonia: … clinical research results show that

And there is IV vitamin C treatment also for this. total shutdown makes no sense! Unless they want to cause chaos and economical crash etc.

edit on 20-3-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join