It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great News for California AR-10 owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So when the laws changed in California many of us with CA compliant Ar platforms had to chose between a fixed magazine and registering the firearms as assault weapons.

For the AR-15's a company called CompMag made a fixed magazine that was California compliant that can be loaded via a door in the mag itself. It allowed you not have to break the action to load and with practice you can load it really fast. Ya ya I know CA gun laws but what can you do.

But for AR-10's we did not have an option. So we had to go with the break the action option. However compmag released its AR-10 mag and all is good.

Better yet its one hex bolt in a SHTF situation and its back to full on AR just like any other state.

www.compmag.net...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

There's this compliant option as well.

jtactical.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

LOL thats what I had believe it or not but with the one on the AR-15 I could load it pretty fast and could never operate the AR-10 as fast as that guy

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Clinging to the little things, california gun owners.

I really feel for you guys, for all of us.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
Clinging to the little things, california gun owners.

I really feel for you guys, for all of us.

Meh, there are compromises everywhere. This is a small give and If I need to I can revert with minimal effort. I take 40-70 degrees and zero humidity and zero bugs everyday of the week in the SF Bay Area versus a small reversible compromise any day of the week.
edit on 3/20/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
a reply to: EternalShadow

LOL thats what I had believe it or not but with the one on the AR-15 I could load it pretty fast and could never operate the AR-10 as fast as that guy

Yeah, the AR-10 platform is a bit more bulky to be sure. You can't beat the simplicity though, not to mention the familiar way that product operates. push button is always a nice touch...

GOD I can't stand this states policies..🤮

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
GOD I can't stand this states policies..🤮

Little bites. Seems to work.

Won't work with criminals though. What do they care about laws? They've got automatic weapons.

On topic: Am curious, these workarounds, what will you do when your government says uh-uh to them too? Look at what happened to bump stocks and how 'quick' that was.

Love my AR-10 BTW. One round, paired with a deer rifle, and nothing gets a 'free walk' out to 800 yards.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yeah I really like mine too. I have the Sig 716 with an ACOG on it and it shoots nicely.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Yeah I really like mine too. I have the Sig 716 with an ACOG on it and it shoots nicely.

I shoot lefty and waited years. Was gonna go with a Stag upper, but they went proprietary. Chance upon an NLX308 upper and paired it to an Aero lower. Like you, I also chose the ACOG ... just because.

Shot these groups last year. My editing software didn't like gridlines.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Nice groups!!!! Yeah the ACOG or anything Trijicon is going to be awesome

We are an all Trijicon family here with an MRO for the AR-15 and a AccuPoint 2.5-10x56 for the Ruger Scout

new topics

top topics

join