It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will mass tourism die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I recently bumped into a tweet showing Venice without tourists and even dolphins showed up in the now clear channels. It made me wonder how this pandemics is going to affect tourism in the long run. Will it be just momentary or will tourist-ridden countries indeed suffer with the lack of travellers and have to diversify their bread and butter?

Venice clean channels

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gusamaso

Perhaps tourism will be more "homely" in future with people not crossing borders.

Many countries are like this already.

Would make for a nice peaceful summer here in SW France. Although those with money will always "buy" their entitlements given the chance.

I think cruise ships will have the hardest time though due to peoples fear of being stuck in quarantine in a dock for weeks.

Maybe the richest will buy up the cruise ships for their own leisure purposes. They will be going for a song soon.
edit on 19/3/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Looks like the gaming industry and home entertainment is going mainstream. As long as there's someone around to provide it and hasn't holed up already... lol

I think this is where you're going to start seeing a lot of tech moving forward. Quite possibly riots in some of the rowdier cities. But I'm putting my money on tech

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Quite possibly riots in some of the rowdier cities. But I'm putting my money on tech

With facemasks a norm, criminals will have a field day if they don't fear being identified.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Very reasonable to assume future restrictions at least!
Maybe some Elon types can get some funding to develop new ways to identify virus'.
The amount of new public interest in the matter is bound to lead to innovation.
Hopefully some of the innovation will restore us our freedoms back and the 'old firm' can go back to fighting over resources and power, status quo.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Will mass tourism die?

It will get very sick and almost die but the very rich can do and go anywhere they want but the rest of us will just have to be satisfied with the occasional trip to the 7/11 and if you file for and get a permit, then you can go visit your sister in tulsa.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yes, tourism died. I’m a casualty of it.

However, it will be revived. Only for a short time, though.

The feds of every first world governments, are printing money like it’s toilet paper 🧻

What do you think the end result of that will be?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Hard to die when your already dead.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
mobility =great upportunety for virusses
so if we want prefent spreading discieses we should stay home

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gusamaso
I recently bumped into a tweet showing Venice without tourists and even dolphins showed up in the now clear channels. It made me wonder how this pandemics is going to affect tourism in the long run. Will it be just momentary or will tourist-ridden countries indeed suffer with the lack of travellers and have to diversify their bread and butter?

One things for sure ......... If the virus doesn't get the 'travel industry' the

‎environmental activist's certainly will.

new topics

top topics

join