It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need A Covid-19 Distraction? Here's The 5th MARBLE RACE of the Marbula One!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I never heard of this "sport" before, until it was featured today on Inside Edition.

So, if you need a "fix" because of sports going on hiatus, let me introduce you to the weird world of competitive marble racing.

With the World Health Organization declaring COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11, professional sports leagues including the NBA, MLB, NHL and MLS have all suspended their seasons, leaving a hole in the hearts of sports lovers everywhere.

Luckily, marble racing, a competition that requires no human interaction and therefore adheres to the rules of social distancing, has emerged as a perfect sport for the coronavirus era. The races feature colorful marbles with names like Comet and Pollo Loco speedily making their way through fantastically detailed courses until they’re either knocked out or reach the finish line.

time.com...

Welcome to the 5th MARBLE RACE of the Marbula One! (formula 1 for marbles). IMPORTANT: Marbula One season 2020 WILL CONTINUE despite the COVID-19 situation!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
They need slo-mo instant replay.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What a fantastic find, got me glued and transfixed, we can settle the English Premier League this way using marbles in the teams colours.

Are the bookies taking bets on this yet, get it on Sky sports!!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
As a MotoGP, F1 and Indycar fan suffering withdrawals, I've actually been watching this regularly. I've seen every Marbula1 "race" so far this season. I may even try to tune in live on YouTube on Sunday?

TV is getting desperate too. They're showing this at 7:30 PM (EST) Sunday on ESPN2

Quarantine an old lady and shut down the pubs, what else am I supposed to do?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Wow that was a sweet take over @5 minutes, from Bolt over Orangan!

I honestly thought he lost it all there... but wow what a performance from him.
Ya know, the sportsmanship that was displayed the entire race was fantastic.
And that’s why I’m looking to be a corporate sponsor!
edit on 19-3-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

Omfg this honestly is a thing?!?!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalamitous
As a MotoGP, F1 and Indycar fan suffering withdrawals, I've actually been watching this regularly. I've seen every Marbula1 "race" so far this season. I may even try to tune in live on YouTube on Sunday?

TV is getting desperate too. They're showing this at 7:30 PM (EST) Sunday on ESPN2

Quarantine an old lady and shut down the pubs, what else am I supposed to do?

I hear ya! As an ex racer, I go nuts without my racing. They're running NASCAR this weekend with no fans, should be interesting, a first I would think. It's not F1 or INDY but it is racing. It actually looks a lot like marble racing or better yet flushing a bag of skittles down the toilet.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I love those races! No idea why.

top topics

join