It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things about the CV19 crisis that make you ill!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Okay, besides the virus.
We're not even going to entertain that negative thought.

First off for me - it's ***martial*** law. Not marshall. That's like conspiracy theory 101, mkay peeps?

Second, toilet paper hoarders are #ty people. Literally and figuratively.

Third, fence sitting. Either we're going to lock down or we're not. Supplies are running out in stores and it's difficult to stay topped off with preps, meds, etc. Not to mention I have to sanitize it all when it comes in.

Lastly, the mail. It's wasting all my lysol. I've come to dread the mail truck, potentially bringing doom to my doorstep.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
People are so serious about the toilet paper hoarding that they are stealing it from rest stops along I-80 in Nebraska! Seriously ... I want to know what that thought process is.

All the high school seniors who aren't getting a prom or a graduation, and may never have one. My friend's kid is in this cohort.

Watching officials go way overboard on their response measures. Sitting where I do I have Kansas on one side where school "may not even open in September" and Missouri on the other where "officials have agreed to a two week closure for now". WTF? Personally, I think Missouri is taking the more measured approach and Kansas has flipped their sh!t.

People who think "quarantine" means they can't go outside literally. As far as I'm concerned, so long as you stay away from others and keep yourself clean, why can't you go outside and take a walk or go jogging or something or let your kid play in the yard even? We're social distancing, not under house arrest.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
People are so serious about the toilet paper hoarding that they are stealing it from rest stops along I-80 in Nebraska! Seriously ... I want to know what that thought process is.

You're being very generous if you're assigning them ANY thought processes at all.

They're just mobile blobs of pointless flesh.

(Can you tell that my local store is empty?)

edit on 19-3-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

It takes a special kind of thought to drive all the way out to western Nebraska to find a rest stop and take TP from it though.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hoard mentality is the only answer to the toilet paper question.... also shows that collective consciousness has been thoroughly slowed by the MSM, movies, public figures and just a general denial of survival “thought” let alone the skills.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Honestly shocked at how well the prepper/survivalist mindset embedded into the culture. I mean, it's not like Y2K panned out. Maybe it's The Walking Dead meme or dystopian movies or so many recent natural disasters...?
edit on 3/19/2020 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wait, Nebraska rest stops actually have TP in stock???

Be back in 5 or 6 days...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Quick before "Marshall" law!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

My grandson lives on the Kansas side and is bummed that school is canceled. I work on the Kansas side...but live on the Missouri side. My boys are actually hoping Missouri DOESN'T close for the rest of the year. What a confusing time for all these kids.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jsjAmeicanMo

My grandson lives on the Kansas side and is bummed that school is canceled. I work on the Kansas side...but live on the Missouri side. My boys are actually hoping Missouri DOESN'T close for the rest of the year. What a confusing time for all these kids.

Yeah, our kiddo goes into existential crises pretty easily, and he's upset about school. We are also in MIssouri. I hope for his sake, they can get back into it pretty soon. It's not so much the idea of not being in school as it is that he knows something wrong is up. We can explain to him over and over that we'll be OK, but he just doesn't buy it.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

So we live in one county, work in another and school in yet a third.

I'm nervous about a quarantine if they blockade counties. Is it a thing for you MO/KS people or really anyone in a similar boat?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It started with an unsubstantiated rumor. “You can laugh now,” Johnny Carson said on The Tonight Show on December 19, 1973, “but there is an acute shortage of toilet paper.”

There wasn’t—but it didn’t matter.

The broadcast sent America into a mass panic. Millions of shoppers swarmed into grocery stores and began hoarding toilet paper. Ex nihilo, a shortage was born.

The Scott Paper Company urged people to stop panic-buying the product. Nevertheless, for four months, toilet paper—absent from shelves—was bartered for, traded, and even sold on the black market.

The Gerald Ford Administration:

Some experts regard the toilet-paper shortage of ’73 as a case study in the mechanics of the rumor mill.

Earlier that year, the stock market had crashed, losing more than 45 percent of its value—one of the worst declines in history.

To make matters worse, an oil embargo caused gas prices to spike dramatically. Fear and uncertainty were in the air. The climate was ripe for the spread of

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd]

youtu.be...

Sorry for all the links, forgot how to do it exactly on this site.

Anyways, HATE THIS GUY! lolz!
edit on 3/19/2020 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

When the last roll is opened in 2053, will people even know how to buy toilet paper in a store anymore?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm already bored with the Virus. Lets go straight to the main event

Aliens vs Zombie
Apocalypse

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

There's so much TP in that warehouse, we might evolve into not having butts to wipe before we use it all.

And - Hai!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

When the last roll is opened in 2053, will people even know how to buy toilet paper in a store anymore?

I think in 2000 years, they will try to decipher the stained markings on used squares (unflushed since the water has dried up) as some sort of hieroglyph. Who knows what they'll learn about our time, from what they interpret as language based upon our wipe patterns.

You know, 21st century scrolls and all.
edit on 19-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

So we live in one county, work in another and school in yet a third.

I'm nervous about a quarantine if they blockade counties. Is it a thing for you MO/KS people or really anyone in a similar boat?

We pretty much live on the Missouri side. If I was still expected to go in to the office, I'd be in a difficult position if Kansas decided to lock down and I was still expected to go in. At this point, I don't think Missouri is going to be a worry unless Armageddon occurs. They're asking people to stay in and we have the restaurant/bar thing, but Kansas is really going nuts.

If Kansas decides to get all "papers please", my big worry would be if someone in the family needed me to be there. They all live on the Kansas side.

top topics

join