It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ITALY overwhelmed because of panic? Or....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
www.google.com...

This is my first thread; but things like this peak my interest. This journalist in Italy said when you get sick “the ambulance comes and takes you away”. I’d estimate 10s of millions ,In ever country at every minute; have mild symptoms of numerous illness.... panicking and sending them to hospital isn’t a logical choice. Sounds to me like panic and miscommunication has led to a rise in deaths. Here is a quote from the article....

“I want to talk a little bit about what happens when people get sick.

When people get sick, the ambulance comes and picks you up and takes you to the hospital. I feel like if you go to the hospital now, it’s like going to go to hell. And if you end up in intensive care, you’re not going to talk to your family anymore, probably: Patients get a helmet with oxygen on their heads, so they’re not able to speak on the phone.“ I have found other sources and will post them shortly
edit on 19-3-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
Sounds to me like panic and miscommunication has led to a rise in deaths.

Yeah, and it was caused directly by the media completely blowing this virus out of proportion just so they'd have an opportunity to try to make Trump look bad for "not doing enough". In reality, all people had to do from the beginning was use common-sense measures, like wash their hands, not touch their faces, and not cough on each other... You know, like when the flu goes around. There was absolutely no need for people to raid grocery stores and empty shelves. And then you have people flooding into hospitals to get tested for a virus they don't even have because they think they're going to die, which prevents people who actually need help from getting it.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand
Your argument is a non sequitur fallacy.

If the ambulance doesn't come and pick them up, that isn't going to help them survive if they need help.

Not being able to see or talk to family isn't going to save someone's life.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

But bringing everyone and there brother to the hospital, Simply because they have symptoms of an illness ( any illness at that) . Then they are causing the overwhelming numbers.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That article doesn't say everyone gets taken to the hospital. Just that it was happening a lot.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: daskakik

But bringing everyone and there brother to the hospital, Simply because they have symptoms of an illness ( any illness at that) . Then they are causing the overwhelming numbers.

That's the entire reason we are telling people to keep their asses inside, all the while these flaming idiots continue to pack in public places.

What if someone has Sepsis and stays home with almost identical symptoms to CV19 and dies?

People need to be seen. Don't blame the sick. Blame the people that won't take it seriously and purposely spread it in public.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

I’m blaming the media for causing the hysteria.... and not allowing rational thought; by constantly reporting Doom and dread. How many times do you go to the doctor a year? Do you go for a cough? How about if every major media company was saying it was a symptom to the new “ Spanish flu “???

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Are you conflating the media hype in the US with the situation in Italy?

Italy didn't force a quarantine until 3 weeks after the first confirmed cases and when the cases had gone to from 0 to 73 in 3 days.

I've heard they encouraged everyone to carry on as usual, until they saw things getting worse.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Italian Ambulance.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I read an article similar to this in early February where the ambulance showed up to get people in China, and they were never seen again.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't think the Italians are that stupid that they would be putting mild cases in the hospital while they have their hospitals overrun with patients.

Doctors and nurser are dying

Coronavirus Is Killing Italy’s Doctors. The U.S. Could Be Next.

link

ROME—Dr. Marcello Natali never left the front line in the northern Italian town of Codogno when the novel coronavirus outbreak exploded more than three weeks ago. And the front line is where the 57-year-old physician died this week from the disease he fought so hard. Natali, whose wife is also a health care worker, had no preexisting conditions, and was far younger than the median age of 80 of most of Italy’s nearly 3,000 COVID-19 dead. But he only agreed to get the intensive care he desperately needed last week after his symptoms overwhelmed him.

new topics

top topics

join