It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19: The Chinese Miracle

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OG1KenObi

jyllands-posten.dk...

Bakedbeart for Danes?

Who cares? You can't be bothered to translate the damage control, why should I? Hold my met, there's a nordic model in need of attention...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

you could at least try, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peserc
a reply to: tanstaafl

you could at least try, right?

Apparently you don't understand the concepts of 'it wouldn't prove anything', or even, apparently, 'it's a waste of time'.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: OG1KenObi

jyllands-posten.dk...

Bakedbeart for Danes?

Who cares? You can't be bothered to translate the damage control, why should I? Hold my met, there's a nordic model in need of attention...

Lazy f@#$. You want me to translate it for you? Your phone does it with one press of a button.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
UPDATE: Scientists Explain Success Of COVID-19 Strategies In China

WUHAN -- On Thursday, Dr. Jin Zhengxi, assistant director of the Department of Emergency Medicine, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, outlined efforts undertaken by officials to successfully control the spread and severity of the COVID-19 disease outbreak in China.

"At first we were overwhelmed and the outlook was not good," Dr. Jin said. "The turning point came when we adopted a two-pronged approach based on case reclassification and treatment prevention."

Scientists discovered that the rapid spread of SARS-CoV-2 infections could be controlled using a technique known as "case reclassification". Studies revealed that reclassifying COVID-19 cases as other illnesses, such as viral pneumonia, was able to achieve a rapid and direct reduction in the number of reported SARS-CoV-2 infections.

"The effect of case reclassification was dramatic in itself," Dr. Jin continued, "but it was only with the addition of treatment prevention that we were finally able to bring the disease completely under control."

Unlike case reclassification, which is only possible once cases are reported, treatment prevention seeks to eliminate COVID-19 cases before they become a problem for health officials. Although implementation can be difficult when challenged by prospective patients or their families, treatment prevention reduces depletion of often scarce medical resources and avoids negative outcomes associated with overwhelmed healthcare facilities.

Dr. Jin cautioned that studies of the effectiveness of case reclassification and treatment prevention have not been peer-reviewed, but that results have so far been encouraging.

"Without these techniques, the situation would be much worse," he said.

NOTE: This article was prepared in accordance with accepted contemporary journalistic standards. Accordingly, any existence of sources cited or resemblance of any claims made herein to actual facts or objective reality in any way is unintentional and purely coincidental.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

So, you write for the Onion?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think we both know The Onion is way out of my league.

My dream job in journalism is to lead the industry as a Senior Restroom Wall Opinion Contributor for a Flying J truck stop or, if the ethical standards of the position should prove too difficult to maintain, I suppose I could settle for something much less prestigious, like Managing Editor of the New York Times.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join