It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it time for ration cards.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Is it time for ration cards to allow the elderly and people with medical problems that put them at high risk to get the food and supplies they need.

Diabetics need low carb foods to help control there blood sugar levels.

And with many store shelves cleaned out they can not get what they need.

Many are at more risk because they need to travel to many stores to find supplies they need and this puts them at more risk.

Even now you the young with no major health problems wearing N95 mask and the elderly can not get them.

Same with hand sanitizers.
edit on 18-3-2020 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Boom roasted!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

is it time for ration cards.

Is it time for folks to stop asking questions such as this on ATS ?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: ANNED

Are they rationing posts now?

I did not hit the post button but hit the first letter of a sentence to capitalize it and the post was sent.

I have noted this happening over the years but why.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
Only kidding

Stores here have designated hours for the elderly only.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I may have given you a star and flag, but I do not agree with this.

A few stores around here have begun to let Seniors and some high risk people start to go in at eight oclock so they can get their supplies before the other shoppers come in to lower their risk of getting exposed and allowing them to get more of the foods they need for their diet, that would be a better solution than rationing.

The Senior center here also has curbside lunches and now are trying breakfast for older people, that way they can call and order and they can bring it to your car. The same thing could be done for higher risk individuals that are younger. They charge for their meals, six bucks for a good lunch is all they charge, the wife and I used to go occasionally down there to meet people we know.

Rationing never works well, because the foods you are allowed may not be what you need. Young people eat foods that old people cannot eat anymore. But you cannot discriminate either.

The stores here will be doing more of this now, it is also cleaner because they have reduced hours and more cleaning and restocking hours. Maybe in the cities it might be necessary, but around here they have a limit on toilet paper now in many stores. If people would have stocked up earlier, this would not have been a problem, half the people would only need to buy a few things to fill in till this blew over. I filled my pantry and I will be supplying anything my daughters and their families need if I have it, but it will be expensive to restock, I am hoping not to lower my stock too low or we will not be able to restock easily.

People looked at people who stocked as paranoid nuts, thinking that they were being crazy, but I never paid attention to them, stocking saved us money, we just have things in rotation, things we eat on a regular basis. Being prepared was the boy scout motto, at least we got to finally use our pantry in an emergency, we do not have to be taking away food from those who need it now.

People should know that there are many possible situations that they should be prepared for, but you need to assess risk, prepare for things that are most likely to happen, not something with a low threat. There has always been a risk of a pandemic, if you are not smart enough to figure that out, you deserve to be in a line waiting for food. We are not hoarders, we are preppers, if a big emergency does happen, I would try to feed some people if they were decent people, those who came to rob me would be chewing on lead. The strange thing is that some of the people who run things in communities are the worst people when something goes wrong, they are entitled and think they deserve things they do not deserve.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
every store i go to, is open for the first hour only for over 60.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

My local store is limiting how many hand sanitizers and TP a person can buy. It will take stores to determine limit how much one can but of certin items.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm elderly now!

Hurray! I get to go grocery shopping at 5 AM and you can't.

Neener.

Oh I suspect you have been elderly for some time.
The closest store here has from 7am to 9am for the eldetly.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

My mom has scar tissue that closes up the connection from her stomach to her colon.
This makes it very difficult for food to empty from her stomach to her colon. She throws up most solid foods that she eats.
So she has to be on a liquid diet and drink things like ensure and protein shakes.

Our local stores are all out of those drinks. So my mom is not eating. If it gets any worse out there then yes I think ration cards would be a good idea.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
No, ration cards are NOT the solution. The solution is for people to stop being Aholes and help those who need it.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
No, ration cards are NOT the solution. The solution is for people to stop being Aholes and help those who need it.

Holy smokes, this guy has got it.

Right, I'll go tell all the thugs, hoodlums, murderers, rapists, miscreants of the night, and toilet paper fiends to just stop it.

Hmm, sounds familiar...

“Stop hoarding,” he said. “I can’t be more blunt about it. Stop it. It is not sensible, it is not helpful and it has been one of the most disappointing things I have seen in Australian behaviour in response to this crisis.

“That is not who we are as a people. It is not necessary. It is not something that people should be doing.”

-- Scott Morrison, Australian Prime Minister, 17'th March 2020.

Yep, crisis averted. Everyone just sto....... no.. no they didn't. strange how 'just say no' doesn't work like it should work like that.

edit on 19-3-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Help others in need? I guess you didn't here that it's Spring Break and there are beaches that need help.

You are completely right, if others would just be kind and think of others for a bit we would probably make it through this a lot easier.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Well said.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Only kidding

Stores here have designated hours for the elderly only.

You have to be kidding.

I just got back from shopping for the week and went to 4 big box stores and no designated hours for the elderly and many store racks were still empty at 7 this morning.

And the nearest cases of the virus is still over 150 miles from where in live.

Thank a trucker.

They are bringing in products as fast as they can but many states have closed highway rest stops and restaurants that the truckers use leaving them with problems getting the breaks and food they need to do there jobs.

new topics

top topics

join