It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s YOUR plan to save small business and your jobs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Unfortunately, you take a HUGE RISK when you open a small business. SOME NOT ALL, and ill repeat that, SOME NOT ALL of these small business owners are the same people who want less dependence on government and are quick to call people lazy and freeloaders, because they feel like some are basically taking "handouts" from the government. However, now you want a "handout" and a "plan" to help your small businesses? So which way is it? Personally I think most people want what is going to benefit them and the people they deem important. I think its pretty interesting to see those that where against the government intervening in things, are the same people who want a stimulus package from the government to help their business out. I think Trump has some interesting opinions, some of which definitely have merit and as UNITED STATES CITIZENS we should definitely listen to what he has to say. However, like most human beings he is not perfect and has his faults.
edit on 21-3-2020 by TEEMONEY991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEEMONEY991
Unfortunately, you take a HUGE RISK when you open a small business. SOME NOT ALL, and ill repeat that, SOME NOT ALL of these small business owners are the same people who want less dependence on government and are quick to call people lazy and freeloaders, because they feel like some are basically taking "handouts" from the government. However, now you want a "handout" and a "plan" to help your small businesses? So which way is it? Personally I think most people want what is going to benefit them and the people they deem important. I think its pretty interesting to see those that where against the government intervening in things now wanting the government to give them money. I think Trump has some interesting opinions, some of which definitely have merit and as UNITED STATES CITIZENS we should definitely listen to what he has to say. However, like most human beings he is not perfect and has his faults.

A total load of crap. You should be ashamed for your mother to write this.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
All payroll taxes need to be suspended. Go to a flat tax now.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

Unfortunately, you take a HUGE RISK when you open a small business. SOME NOT ALL, and ill repeat that, SOME NOT ALL of these small business owners are the same people who want less dependence on government and are quick to call people lazy and freeloaders, because they feel like some are basically taking "handouts" from the government. However, now you want a "handout" and a "plan" to help your small businesses? So which way is it? Personally I think most people want what is going to benefit them and the people they deem important. I think its pretty interesting to see those that where against the government intervening in things now wanting the government to give them money. I think Trump has some interesting opinions, some of which definitely have merit and as UNITED STATES CITIZENS we should definitely listen to what he has to say. However, like most human beings he is not perfect and has his faults.

How is it a total load of crap exactly? Im not demeaning anyone nor am i attacking anyone. These are facts. Listen man some people that are affected by this financially are going to want money, including some small business owners that either are or will be bankrupt. Some of those same people where quick to judge those who receive money from the government. I know a guy who was full on with the less "handouts" thing who reeled that back and because his business is affected by this, is now on "the government should do something" bandwagon.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

How is it a total load of crap exactly? Im not demeaning anyone and not attacking anyone. These are facts. Listen man people that are affected by this financially are going to want money, including some small business owners that either are or will be . Some of those same people where quick to judge those who receive money from the government.

You can’t see a difference between a free loader and the government telling someone they can’t work?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Like many others I'm sure, I made my own coffee, cleaned my own clothes, mowed my own yard, and cooked my own food long before all the restaurants and "small business" owners closed up shop. I simply just don't utilize many "small businesses" as they don't offer services I'm even interested in. It feels like an extremely bloated concept that breeds narcissists and made for TV crap. The marketing and self branding culture makes me sick.

There is a guy down the street running a drone repair shop out of a brick and mortar building in a rather expensive area. I haven't seen a drone within 20 miles of his location nor have I ever seen anyone in his parking spots. (I drive by it daily) I'm of the mindset that your days are numbered regardless of a pandemic.

Or what about the guy who decides to start a burger restaurant in the exact same location where 3 previous burger restaurants failed and closed up. Do things like this actually help the economy?

My pool of empathy for these types of things is shallow. The country is bursting at the seams with failed business ideas like this, and "niche" interests are practically guaranteed to fall by the wayside in the event of a crisis/pandemic.

It sounds like I have derailed but my main point is... what's so great about small business that I should feel compelled to save their butts. Is the drone repair guy and the three failed burger restauranteurs really propping up the economy that much?

Not in my world. There is a lot of useless junk out there... cull the herd.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

How is it a total load of crap exactly? Im not demeaning anyone and not attacking anyone. These are facts. Listen man people that are affected by this financially are going to want money, including some small business owners that either are or will be . Some of those same people where quick to judge those who receive money from the government.

You can’t see a difference between a free loader and the government telling someone they can’t work?

Do you want government intervention or not? What do you mean by the "government telling someone they cant work?" What does that have to do with anything that I stated? Do you want to pick and choose what the government can and cannot do based on your own belief system and what you think is right?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Do you want government intervention or not? What do you mean by the "government telling someone they cant work?" What does that have to do with anything that I stated? Do you want to pick and choose what the government can and cannot do based on your own belief system and what you think is right?

My small business paid a butt load of taxes every goddamn month as did my employees. I never asked for money, I had a SBA loan and paid it back with interest. Now the government has shut us down due to the quarantine. I don't expect the government to bail me out, but you can bet the banks, airlines and other big biz is "to big to fail" and will get govt. handouts paid by the American taxpayer.

You should be ashamed to be ragging on small business who are the majority of employers.
edit on 21-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Like many others I'm sure, I made my own coffee, cleaned my own clothes, mowed my own yard, and cooked my own food long before all the restaurants and "small business" owners closed up shop. I simply just don't utilize many "small businesses" as they don't offer services I'm even interested in. It feels like an extremely bloated concept that breeds narcissists and made for TV crap. The marketing and self branding culture makes me sick.

There is a guy down the street running a drone repair shop out of a brick and mortar building in a rather expensive area. I haven't seen a drone within 20 miles of his location nor have I ever seen anyone in his parking spots. (I drive by it daily) I'm of the mindset that your days are numbered regardless of a pandemic.

Or what about the guy who decides to start a burger restaurant in the exact same location where 3 previous burger restaurants failed and closed up. Do things like this actually help the economy?

My pool of empathy for these types of things is shallow. The country is bursting at the seams with failed business ideas like this, and "niche" interests are practically guaranteed to fall by the wayside in the event of a crisis/pandemic.

It sounds like I have derailed but my main point is... what's so great about small business that I should feel compelled to save their butts. Is the drone repair guy and the three failed burger restauranteurs really propping up the economy that much?

Not in my world. There is a lot of useless junk out there... cull the herd.

You know that no one wants to hear that but what you're saying and alluding to is very true. However, you know I think some of those people that open those businesses get suckered into it. Without going into a long winded diatribe to sum it basically many of these people want alot of money so they can have the biggest house, fancy things, and basically feel like they are important and somebody.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

My small business paid a butt load of taxes every goddamn month as did my employees. I never asked for money, I had a SBA loan and paid it back with interest. Now the government has shut us down due to the quarantine. I don't expect the government to bail me out, but you can bet the banks, airlines and other big biz is "to big to fail" and will get govt. handouts paid by the American taxpayer.

You should be ashamed to be ragging on small business who are the majority of employers.

I am not ragging on anyone and also stated SOME NOT ALL, if you would take a second look. ALSO if you knew that about the government and how they work as far as "you can bet the banks, airlines and other big biz is "to big to fail" and will get govt. handouts paid by the American taxpayer" honestly why did you open a small business? You knew before hand the risks associated with opening a small business, know how the government pretty much operates in the United States, and knew if # where to hit the fan, that would most likely mean the end of your small business as well. Yet you took that risk?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
me personally ive been buying my animal supplies from a small family business, its not much in the scale of things but i spend a lot there, ive got a horse, dog, 2 hamsters, 4 guinea pigs and 2 chinchillas, all needing food, bedding, treats and other stuff.
id rather buy the stuff from a small business anyway than a nameless corporation, we also buy local eggs and fruit and veg when we can.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join